Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I hate joke phase. Someone wake me up when the game starts

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Bif I expect more from you where are your reads

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

Bif I expect more from you where are your reads

Reads are like farts, if you have to force it, it's probably crap.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
My Warhammer army got decimated in melee because they're meant to be ranged units lol

Gonna skim some of the thread for a bit; thoughts pending

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bifauxnen posted:

this is why i said we turbo bif

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

:hmmyes:

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

b-minus1 posted:

##vote keane

And we are definitely not letting wind live longer than a few days. Wind you may as well claim now imho

b-minus1 posted:

##vote keane

And we are definitely not letting wind live longer than a few days. Wind you may as well claim now imho

Too bad, don't plan to

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

We should pressure scummy players to make case so we can see who makes the biggest pile of poo poo.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

Hmm. Looks like a basic substitution cypher at first glance, but the length of the words makes me suspect the message is in Finnish or something like that. Possibly something where you need to read every third letter, but we're short on vowels. Phonetically speaking, the first word kind of sounds like "I did nif" followed by static. In summary, I got nothing.

If it's missing vowels, it's actually Estonian, not Finnish 😏

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

I skimmed Yami's reads to see if I could pick up on any leads he had, and what I got was that he thought Clo and Maer are scum, and maybe(?) Keane based on some association reads

Ill start digging there and see whether I agree with those takes or not. I don't see any reason to carry the torch if I disagree, but at the same time I believe in Yami's solving skills from what I've seen of his town game when we've played together, and there's gotta be some merit to his reads.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Illusionis posted:

Nevermind is this still your strongest scum read?

I mean I don’t have any strong scum reads at this point, but salad scooper is still on the list

I was moving AN up my list, but the recent posts feel more town, AN seems like they are having fun

Schwinn is shitposting pretty hard, could be scum for sure

Bif was pinging me a bit there, but I think she’s in casual town bif mode the more I see

There are a group of people I have no thoughts on yet, like Maer and cloaca that I need to think about

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Toalpaz posted:

Tbqf the Maer case flytrap has exceeded all expectations. You've all played you're roles in my bit of theatre (I say it weird and derangedly and that doesn't come across in text very well).

I think anyone not catching onto it being a bit is incredibly scum content lurky. Except Yami because it's Yami.

Bif pointed out why it would be a stupid bit earlier. Even though her explaination is more clever that. I could have made up myself.

That is why I want to vote cloaca and Mona.

They're just like lil hamsters sucking away at the water bottle teat for some content to look like their investigating.

Player: 'haha funny mystery d1 post'

Mona cloaca: 'what is it's

Player: 'fufufu hehehe'

Mona cloaca: 'please, tell me what it means I am participating.,'

Player 2 : 'its a bit'

Mona cloaca:' pleaaaase what does it meaaaan I'm not scum and also maybe vote toal unless they spell out the bit'

Like this is clearly not a mystery right? Someone saying something and then stringing you along isn't mysterious or come across as a real case?

I quoted Mae's signup post for gods sake

This might be a stupid take but I find this unironically a towny post
I'm just randomly picking pages to read and this post stuck out to me because of the indignation in it, like I think this is way more likely to come from flustered town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WindwardAway posted:

This might be a stupid take but I find this unironically a towny post
I'm just randomly picking pages to read and this post stuck out to me because of the indignation in it, like I think this is way more likely to come from flustered town

I don’t think it’s stupid, I’d felt toal was pretty solid town from a few posts including that one

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

b-minus1 posted:

Take your time. We already know that you are scum

Wrong, I'm one of the cool kids this time 😎

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Hal Insandenza posted:

I don’t think it’s stupid, I’d felt toal was pretty solid town from a few posts including that one

I saw some posts of other people saying Toal was scummy, idk the context because I still haven't seen everything

Reason I think it's a stupid take is just because I haven't read all the other posts by them lol, it's just my first impression

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

I was moving AN up my list, but the recent posts feel more town, AN seems like they are having fun

Bif was pinging me a bit there, but I think she’s in casual town bif mode the more I see

Now see, when you relax and presume everyone is town in good faith, this allows only the most egregiously false-sounding things to trigger your alarms.

If in fact ANarc is town, which I still doubt, I don't see how Hal can see what he claims to see so he might just know their alignment already.

##vote Hal

Plus a townread on me this early is never a good sign either

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Now see, when you relax and presume everyone is town in good faith, this allows only the most egregiously false-sounding things to trigger your alarms.

If in fact ANarc is town, which I still doubt, I don't see how Hal can see what he claims to see so he might just know their alignment already.

##vote Hal

Plus a townread on me this early is never a good sign either

Hey man I just respect chilling and having fun. I thought you did too but now I see how it is

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Hal Insandenza posted:

Hey man I just respect chilling and having fun. I thought you did too but now I see how it is

This post is skeeving me out, I can't quite place why

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Just feels like an oddly unnecessary way for Hal to respond to a vote on him I guess

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Gonna go through Yamis readlist next and I want to look at Keane first since they're currently top wagon

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Ok I think my brain is fried, that didn't take long 😅 I didn't get much of an impression from the first handful of posts from Keane but I think the forum kinda broke on me and now I'm having trouble retaining anything I read which is poop and also a sign I should sleep

Gun-to-head I really don't have a strong impression of Keane, and the most notable thing I saw was their case on wologar and I don't have the full context for that either so I made a note to follow up on it in the morning

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WindwardAway posted:

Just feels like an oddly unnecessary way for Hal to respond to a vote on him I guess

Sorry I was just continuing the joke

If I have to be more serious, I didn’t like ANarcs early binus vote and the bit about if people think they are town then they are scum and vice versa. But the later unvote and reconsideration I liked, and I like their loose joking attitude. I don’t see why bif would find that impossible to believe but that’s bif for you

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Hal Insandenza posted:

Sorry I was just continuing the joke

If I have to be more serious, I didn’t like ANarcs early binus vote and the bit about if people think they are town then they are scum and vice versa. But the later unvote and reconsideration I liked, and I like their loose joking attitude. I don’t see why bif would find that impossible to believe but that’s bif for you

Oh was it some sort of running joke 😅 if so, I didn't have the context for it, my bad
I'm probably not gonna stick around for too much longer since I'm not absorbing information lol, but I'm happy to real-time for a short while before I go to sleep

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Bifauxnen posted:

It stinks on so many levels!

Bifauxnen posted:

He who smelt it dealt it

Bifauxnen posted:

:thunk:

Bif, I know life imitates art, but what's the difference between you and ANarc right now?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
bif is way better at making fart jokes

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
i'm better at poo poo posting

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

i'm better at poo poo posting

That remains to be seen.

Where the reads at?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wologar posted:

:thunk:

Bif, I know life imitates art, but what's the difference between you and ANarc right now?

Prolly alignment

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
💩wologar💩

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Bifauxnen posted:

Prolly alignment

Oh then I guess ##vote bif

I think she's saying that she's scum since I'm town and we have different alignments

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Yes, that's Keane's case, but what about your own?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

I've read up to page 8 so far and my current thoughts are that, between Keane and Monathin, I'm more inclined to vote Monathin because his snappy reaction to being pushed looks worse and feels kinda omgusy.

I'll see if that take persists as I continue reading the thread but it'll be a little while before I have more time, FYI.

In other news, Maerlyn gets a scumlean from me. Several of her early posts pinged me and it feels like she's there, but kind of in the background rather than the foreground. And that's not scummy on its own during joke phase, but when it continues into the part of the game where people actually give reads and start solving, it's not a good look.

##vote Maerlyn

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

CCKeane (4): saladscooper, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton, saladscooper, wologar, Maerlyn, b-minus1, shwinnebego
Maerlyn (2): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, PlasticAutomaton, WindwardAway
Monathin (2): Illusionis, b-minus1, shwinnebego, b-minus1, saladscooper, Toalpaz, Illusionis, shwinnebego
saladscooper (1): Hal Insandenza
Bifauxnen (1): AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics
Hal Insandenza (1): b-minus1, b-minus1, CCKeane, CCKeane, Bifauxnen
AnonymousNarcotics (1): wologar, shwinnebego, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego, wologar, Illusionis, Bifauxnen
shwinnebego (1): Monathin
wologar (1): Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, b-minus1, b-minus1, CCKeane
Toalpaz (0): Monathin, Monathin
Cloacamazing! (0): Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz, Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz
b-minus1 (0): Monathin, Monathin, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics

Not Voting (1): Cloacamazing!

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 03rd, 2022 at 11 p.m. CET -- that's in about 7 hours, 13 minutes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##vote maerlyn

i just want to see what happeneses.

Side note, liking yami/wind less now but i have to balance that with my keane theory + pushing the game along to interesting points.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Self preservation is my name, they say. ##vote: Maerlyn

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

WindwardAway posted:

Unnecessary for sure not sure about alignment tho. Noted.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Self preservation is my name, they say. ##vote: Maerlyn

Maerlyn is town. No way does scum Maerlyn vote keane when she did with literally no reason

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Alright, here is my case for all the stuff around wologar, as I said I would do. It's not good but it's the stuff that was pinging me yesterday.

So, Keane makes his big case on wologar, right? I actually agree with it in a microcosm - if wolo has information that the least active poster gets killed automatically somehow, is trying to elevate Plastic above the kill line, then that speaks to some intent of alignment that wasn't immediately there. I'm not sure I would call that scummy or not, given a lot of time to sleep on it, but it does feel weird that wologar is dancing around it. There's a fair amount of chatter around it - ANarc and binus both get their hands on the ball, defending wologar - this is important if wologar does flip.

No, the part that doesn't make sense to me is about the next stage of all this, PlasticAutomaton's reply.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Cause I have one for the highest post count so it would be really funny if we could mexican standoff each other.

PA straight up claims a Highest Post Count Vig in the midst of all this chatter. Now, maybe I'm just used to SA being more trigger happy in other games, but this actually got relatively few comments:

wologar posted:

lmao

I do not, sadly. It's my dream role.

But hey, don't let that deter you from using it now if you think I'm scum.

b-minus1 posted:

Neither of you should shoot imo.

both of these read fine to me given the current internal logic of the posters, ftr. And I post about the vig - but I'm sort of intentionally letting the wologar casing play out at this stage just to see how it looks from the sidelines - I say as much later on.

Keane is active in the thread, but:

CCKeane posted:

I'm the same, except I'm screaming "shoot, coward! Shoot!" The entire time.

Keane replies to me and not to PA's own admission of having a vig...?

Then the thread gets a bit distracted with Yami replacing out which is understandable, but Keane kind of swivels to binus' posting, and the thread continues.

Here's a thing I want to know: I know at least some people are shy of a D1 vig, but I feel like there should have been people who came out of the woodwork to say "PA you should shoot wolo just to see what would happen", and it's weird that there wasn't that. Keane in a vacuum of that is kinda whatever, but I was expecting more posts like this:

Cloacamazing! posted:

Also, the answer should be obvious:

As a result of PA saying they have a vig and thus could flip wologar.

To that end, I think the scummiest post to come from all that actually comes from saladscooper:

saladscooper posted:

Well, this is a game which, by mod admission, has a lot of experimental mechanics. Maybe wolo genuinely is in the dark as to how it all works. Though I do get being wary - I think back to SR in Opop's CYOR lying about their kill power being RNG-based...

And my perspective on the second point is that as scum I would prefer the chaos of extra unexplained deaths to giving town more info, but idk

This obviously gets into the weeds of Mafia Theory, but, like Song Mafia, I don't necessarily believe that a role madness game doesn't mean that there is stuff that town wouldn't be able to explain. The way wologar is phrasing this has been consistent - it's an autofire lurker gun, essentially - but saladscooper goes "I'm gonna be spotty for mental health" (which I believe, for the record) but then chimes into the case with a "well, we don't know what's gonna happen, it's role madness!"

Mae, at least, commented on the wologar case:

Maerlyn posted:

Not interested in voting wolo, still waiting on that gelato (I don't think he's scummy). Town vibes for Illu and Mona, binus...unsure, not scummy enough to vote today.

so it makes sense she doesn't want to point out the vig, but saladscooper has had at least a couple posts that are very much about D1 chaos:

saladscooper posted:

we have the power. let's turbo someone.

i vote bif

But in that case... wouldn't it make more sense for saladscooper, of all people, to say "we should vig wolo and flip bif so we have two results?" Especially when they at least think Keane's case is genuine?

saladscooper posted:

Also I dig Keane's case on wolo (as in I think it's genuine and I probably wouldn't vote Keane today now) BUT I'm confused by it, because to my understanding, keeping quiet about this "active power" or game info or whatever might be just as useful to scum as it is to town. In fact, if I for real knew something like that as town I would be all over posting it, inconsistent logic or not. I don't find wolo scummy for it.

saladscooper does say they don't think Keane is scummy for this case, but then they spend a few posts poking keane's logic about the trolley problem and mafia theory - and then they start talking about wanting to turbo bif instead of any further examination of the case.

I don't like it, and I would much rather ##vote saladscooper then force a tiebreaker on Keane versus Mae.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

##vote maerlyn

i just want to see what happeneses.

Side note, liking yami/wind less now but i have to balance that with my keane theory + pushing the game along to interesting points.

postscript: Toal's vote here is really bad. Toal is someone else who kind of avoided talking about the vig while she feels more laissez faire about the vote. Toal, did you like keane's content but not think wologar is scum? You kind of avoided discussing keane's case while not feeling interested in pushing (and having a 'theory') about keane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
"let's turbo bif" was a joke