Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

saladscooper posted:

"let's turbo bif" was a joke

saladscooper posted:

this is why i said we turbo bif

this doesn't look like a joke to me. It feels like a "hahaha jk jk... unless...?"

If I'm reading too much into it sure but that feels more like "shitpost casing" then "actual joke".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
idk. i haven't been super engaged with the game since yesterday afternoon cause of the aforementioned lovely work situation so i'm just vomiting words into the thread at this point.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
##vote Maerlyn

if we're gonna be choosing between keane and maerlyn maerlyn is by far the scummier of the two

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Monathin posted:

Here's a thing I want to know: I know at least some people are shy of a D1 vig, but I feel like there should have been people who came out of the woodwork to say "PA you should shoot wolo just to see what would happen", and it's weird that there wasn't that. Keane in a vacuum of that is kinda whatever, but I was expecting more posts like this:

As a result of PA saying they have a vig and thus could flip wologar.

Gonna be honest I skimmed that part of the thread and didn’t realize people were actually seriously claiming post count related vig. Now that I know that I urge all vig havers to shoot people, don’t be cowards

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I do believe your lovely work situation, I'm not gonna press too hard on it because I have been there. But I did say I was going to make a case and this is where my conclusions landed.

I think you're scummy but I do hope work poo poo clears up for you sooner rather than later, salad.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Still don’t totally understand the mechanics of the vig powers but whatever just shoot!!!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

Gonna be honest I skimmed that part of the thread and didn’t realize people were actually seriously claiming post count related vig. Now that I know that I urge all vig havers to shoot people, don’t be cowards

PA's post seemed genuine and unless he himself wants to confirm it was just a jape I am going to take it as such.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Monathin’s case on salad is v bad in my view but I think monathin is a bit townier for having made it. I don’t think think scum shoots the moon with such a poo poo case

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Monathin posted:

PA's post seemed genuine and unless he himself wants to confirm it was just a jape I am going to take it as such.

My impression of PA's posts is that he's town but on reflection I'm not actually sure why. There's a lot of short content dense contributions, drive-by reads, that kind of thing. But it's very under-the-radar style posting, which I'm suspicious of.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Binus are you an N0 Ecco Cop or something

Then there's poo poo like this which pings me really hard. Is it a joke? Is it serious? It leaves room to be either, and that is not good to me. Hell if we're gonna turbo someone why not turbo plastic

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I really don’t understand why you guys aren’t voting keane. His wologar case was one of the most flimsy cases I’ve ever seen. Wologar was posting normal reads like anyone else and keane kept trying to gotcha him over nothing. Keane called hal scum during jokephase, said he would vote him, eventually did vote after I asked him why he wasn’t, and then immediately went after wologar. Keane needs to be the vote today and if he is scum, hal is almost certainly scum.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

I really don’t understand why you guys aren’t voting keane. His wologar case was one of the most flimsy cases I’ve ever seen. Wologar was posting normal reads like anyone else and keane kept trying to gotcha him over nothing. Keane called hal scum during jokephase, said he would vote him, eventually did vote after I asked him why he wasn’t, and then immediately went after wologar. Keane needs to be the vote today and if he is scum, hal is almost certainly scum.

I believe, with all my heart, that town can make poo poo cases too.

I'll vote on Keane vs Mae here in a bit if I need to, but I wanted to post my reads beforehand.

Also Mae is at -3 at Keane at -4 so I want to at least hear them both out before deadline. We've still got time.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

shwinnebego posted:

Monathin’s case on salad is v bad in my view but I think monathin is a bit townier for having made it. I don’t think think scum shoots the moon with such a poo poo case

Agreed

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Maerlyn does seem a bit aggressive in her posts, which comes off as scummy to me:

Maerlyn posted:

I'm sorry you rolled scum this time, I'd be bored too.

Maerlyn posted:

I refuse to believe you've never heard of hated/loved, don't lie like that shwinn 😣

Maerlyn posted:

I'm just a normal human man, I'm rather handsome actually!

I'm pretty disengaged at the moment (I don't know why it feels like I haven't played Mafia in awhile, it's only been a month) but things are starting to perk up a bit.

Who else do you think looks scummy?

I do find it strange that scum would claim VT that early, if only because the second they were caught doing any sort of night action, they'd be up for lunch.

In favor of the scumMaerlyn case, that disengaged claim could definitely be read as an excuse for scumlurking.

Maerlyn posted:

I've never actually played with Monathin but I'm not seeing anything overtly scummy from him yet, so more null for now.

AN's case on binus is pretty bad (accusing him of no effort casing but binus is probably putting the most effort I've seen from him in awhile, which...I don't know what that says actually, someone hold me I'm frightened). Will give AN a closer look.

I do like the idea of Yami and Keane being scum, maybe with a side of Hal...

##vote Yami

I feel like Yami's been flying a bit under the radar, at this point he would have found some small little hole to poke into, his only real read so far is a kinda meh case on Cloaca.

Maerlyn posted:

I'm sorry I reread your posts but didn't see a "going to take it easy this game" memo, I can't say I've ever seen you as a disengaged player. I also feel like that's a copout for what is essentially not even that much of a "case", more like an observation and agreement with others that you are coming across a little scummy.

Also my favorite tactic by people who usually turn out not to be town:

Hyperbole (exaggerated statements), like saying I "got aggressive" on you after poking Clo.
I'll have to come back around to that and this tomorrow, it's after 4 AM:

I'm not sure how I'm "going under the radar" and "getting aggressive" on you at the same time, those don't seem to mesh.

Again, Maerlyn going pretty aggressive after Yami's case on me. When I saw those posts, it actually came across as her trying to protect me, which is a bit weird on D1.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
yeah mona the theory is just me thinking keane is town. I liked the stuff on mona and also cloac(?) i think that is keane but I didn't have strong feelings on wololo

re the vig? I don't give a poo poo because there's no evidence of a vig and the players are being cagey as gently caress about their role afaik.

I don't care if people have vigs or not vigs.

whats interesting to me is the decision to claim it day one (and try and describe it's powers so that scum can escape the vig?) + people reacting by saying 'oh yeah third party killer or scum' with that kind of comment just passing from the collective memories of us all.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
For what it’s worth, Maerlyn claimed a role to me private that makes me think she’s town. I admit there’s an outside chance that she’s scum, and tbh she was pinging my scumdar early in d1, but I don’t think she is the best choice for today. Keane has to be scum. When in doubt, go with the sure thing.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Yeah her case on Yami is what's giving me extra scumpings, whereas as I've said before Keane's on wolo is wrong but seems genuine and actually thought through. So there's that.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

yeah mona the theory is just me thinking keane is town. I liked the stuff on mona and also cloac(?) i think that is keane but I didn't have strong feelings on wololo

re the vig? I don't give a poo poo because there's no evidence of a vig and the players are being cagey as gently caress about their role afaik.

I don't care if people have vigs or not vigs.

whats interesting to me is the decision to claim it day one (and try and describe it's powers so that scum can escape the vig?) + people reacting by saying 'oh yeah third party killer or scum' with that kind of comment just passing from the collective memories of us all.

because blase 3rd party killer reads is a scum mind relic.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Cloacamazing! posted:

My own theory on the wol situation right now is that he definitely has some sort of killing ability, which is not a vig, see exhibit A:

like, 'yes i believe they're a killer but not for any of the reasons of the claim?"

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toal I think that is a misread of what cloaca said. My understanding was cloaca was just pointing out a role that can kill is NAI in a role madness game, which is true. I don't think she ever claimed that means 3rd party (which, I agree, would be a scummind thing to post)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

For what it’s worth, Maerlyn claimed a role to me private that makes me think she’s town. I admit there’s an outside chance that she’s scum, and tbh she was pinging my scumdar early in d1, but I don’t think she is the best choice for today. Keane has to be scum. When in doubt, go with the sure thing.

yeah I dont know if claiming vt d1 in role madness is very town or scum leaning. it's mostly unhelpful survivalist posting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

If you're that certain about Keane and that chain link, why not go for Hal first, that post of his was dodgy. Seriously you can reread AN's whole postcount in literally one minute, tell me what Hal's on about with "appreciating her joking around" or whatever.

He was either defending AN as a scumbud or whiteknighting a town AN for reasons that make no sense.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

b-minus1 posted:

Oh well this changes things a little.

##unvote

I don't really wanna go for Keane but I'll swing there to avoid a no lunch if need be

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bifauxnen posted:

If you're that certain about Keane and that chain link, why not go for Hal first, that post of his was dodgy. Seriously you can reread AN's whole postcount in literally one minute, tell me what Hal's on about with "appreciating her joking around" or whatever.

He was either defending AN as a scumbud or whiteknighting a town AN for reasons that make no sense.

Def still more comfy with an ANarc or Plastic or hell, even Hal (he is voting me the bastard!!!) vote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

b-minus1 posted:

b-minus1 posted:

are you seriously claiming to be vt? Do not lie about this.

Maerlyn posted:

Yes, perhaps I got "somber"ed (vanilla in a role madness game) but I would never lie to you b!

Oh word?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I'm reading Maerlyn as town cause while I was just chilling out, she was starting up the exact same kind of slapfight with Yami that she normally gets into with me instead.

But I don't think Keane is a good alternative to her at all.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
On the Keane case, that wol case of his is weird, I agree. Especially because of this:

wologar posted:

Wait, are you implying that I wanted to save Plastic because we're both scum?

Keane has been accusing wol of being scum because he's trying to protect Plastic for pages now, but he doesn't think both of them are scum? If that's not the case, why is wol protecting Plastic an issue? And honestly, the whole "wol is protecting Plastic" thing seems a bit out of left field.

wologar posted:

Friends! I have it on good authority that the crewmate with the least number of posts will EXPLODE the following day.

Please say no to floating limbs. Think of the janitor.

wologar posted:

:hmmyes: If anything, Maer and Hal are at risk of being exploded by post count.

wologar posted:

Just remember not to be the one with the least votes at deadline!

wologar posted:

I was referring to this:

Maybe Hal also misunderstood?

wologar posted:

That could be the case but as someone who always sees Plastic as scum, he seems fine this game so far.

wologar posted:

That being said, Plastic, buddy, please post more. You're the one at risk of exploding now and we only have 27 hours left.

I don't see how this last post is somehow more "keeping Plastic safe" than the earlier part where wol pointed out the same for Maer and Hal.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

this interaction is stinky:

For the record I don’t have a read of cloacamazing at the moment. They’re firmly in the null category

I think it’s weird how keane hasn’t responded to me. I’ve called him scum a few times. Now I don’t expect everyone to respond whenever someone calls them scum. What I find odd is how keane called out mona, who was responding to me

Third time calling keane scum:

Asking mona what he thinks of my scum list:

Mona’s response:

Keanes response:

Doubling down:

It’s just weird because I’ve been the one pushing the idea that keane is scum, and Mons basically said he wasn’t sure. If keane is scum, then I think part of the reason he didn’t respond to my callout is because he already said that I was town in an esrlier post. There are a few other keane posts that pinged me but this is what I’m thinking right now

b-minus1 posted:

It was a textbook omgus imo

b- is, once again, doing his thing where he accuses me of being scum and just says that a lot and hopes people will listen, which is of course absolutely brilliant thanks to the illusionary truth effect.

That said, please look at this as well - b- accuses me of not interacting with him despite calling me scum, and then accuses me of OMGUSing wologar, saying that I only interacted because he called me scum. I can't win with b-.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Actually, now that I think about it, the Keane case really makes no sense with wol's posts here:

wologar posted:

That could be the case but as someone who always sees Plastic as scum, he seems fine this game so far.

wologar posted:

That being said, Plastic, buddy, please post more. You're the one at risk of exploding now and we only have 27 hours left.

CCKeane posted:

So who has this information, right? There's not a post from HCT. I didn't get a bomb warning in my PM. So I think wologar is trying to put a veil over an ability to add a layer of passivity to a quite possibly anti town event. If wologar does have this ability, then concealing information from town is harmful.

Now the part that's getting me afterwards is the attempts to direct it - I'm was wondering what was happening there. I was fairly neutral in my original question:

And there's a lot of ways to answer that that are really reasonable - "I think Plastic is townier than Illusionis" IS a VERY reasonable answer, and it'd track with Wologars behavior up to this point. But Wologars answer was this:

Just before the warning, wologar had explicitly stated that he sees Plastic as town, and he has also said that he would vote Illu:

wologar posted:

I'd vote ANarc, Cloaca or Illusionis.

A narc's fate is sealed with illusions.

So that's the exact explanation that Keane keeps claiming is missing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

b- is, once again, doing his thing where he accuses me of being scum and just says that a lot and hopes people will listen, which is of course absolutely brilliant thanks to the illusionary truth effect.

That said, please look at this as well - b- accuses me of not interacting with him despite calling me scum, and then accuses me of OMGUSing wologar, saying that I only interacted because he called me scum. I can't win with b-.

Right ok but are you calling this dumb or scum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Cloacamazing! posted:

On the Keane case, that wol case of his is weird, I agree. Especially because of this:

Keane has been accusing wol of being scum because he's trying to protect Plastic for pages now, but he doesn't think both of them are scum? If that's not the case, why is wol protecting Plastic an issue? And honestly, the whole "wol is protecting Plastic" thing seems a bit out of left field.

I don't see how this last post is somehow more "keeping Plastic safe" than the earlier part where wol pointed out the same for Maer and Hal.

People seem to be very confused about my case, so I will lay it out here, and people can pick the points they disagree with.:

-Town is interested in executing scum and have reasons to think/change their mind on alignments. This can always be openly discussed.

-Scum are interested in not executing their teammates. This cannot be openly discussed, so they have to conceal motives/attempt to take actions that garner good vibes. Scum CANNOT openly and truthly discuss the reasons for changing their minds/unusual actions, so they have to manufacture them.

-Wologar took an action to protect Plastic over Illusionis. When pressed, wologar's points didn't seem consistent with what I'd expect town to do, and wologar has been generally cagey about the nature of the low post count killing.

-The reason I think Wologar is scum is because wologar's reasons for choosing plastic over illusionis aren't explained well, and it took a while to get to "I think Illusionis is scummier than Plastic.". When pressed for why Illusionis is scummier than Plastic, wologar deflected, underexplained, and declined.

-Plastic's alignment is irrelevant to my case - the lack of explanation/seeming manufactured nature of wologar's arguments are why I think wologar is scum. Plastic could be town scum wologar thinks would be easier to manipulate! Who knows!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
But why is scumwologar interested in protecting Plastic-with-unknown-alignment openly and to the exclusion of other players? This is the part that I don't understand.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Cloacamazing! posted:

Actually, now that I think about it, the Keane case really makes no sense with wol's posts here:

Just before the warning, wologar had explicitly stated that he sees Plastic as town, and he has also said that he would vote Illu:

So that's the exact explanation that Keane keeps claiming is missing.

Right, and if wologar said "Plastic is townier than Illusionis" right out of the gate, that'd be whatever, like I said several times.

What wologar did say when pressed was:

wologar posted:

Plastic has 14 posts, the lowest post count. That's it.

Followed by:

wologar posted:

You noticed I said the same thing to Hal and Maer, right? As of this post, the other two players with the lowest post counts are Illusionis and ANarc, which I'm happy voting for.

If you were town, and somebody asked you why you pressed Plastic to post more, what would you say right away? Would it be "Plastic has a low post count" followed by "I've warned other people about low post counts?"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Cloacamazing! posted:

But why is scumwologar interested in protecting Plastic-with-unknown-alignment openly and to the exclusion of other players? This is the part that I don't understand.

CCKeane posted:

People seem to be very confused about my case, so I will lay it out here, and people can pick the points they disagree with.:

-Town is interested in executing scum and have reasons to think/change their mind on alignments. This can always be openly discussed.

-Scum are interested in not executing their teammates. This cannot be openly discussed, so they have to conceal motives/attempt to take actions that garner good vibes. Scum CANNOT openly and truthly discuss the reasons for changing their minds/unusual actions, so they have to manufacture them.

-Wologar took an action to protect Plastic over Illusionis. When pressed, wologar's points didn't seem consistent with what I'd expect town to do, and wologar has been generally cagey about the nature of the low post count killing.

-The reason I think Wologar is scum is because wologar's reasons for choosing plastic over illusionis aren't explained well, and it took a while to get to "I think Illusionis is scummier than Plastic.". When pressed for why Illusionis is scummier than Plastic, wologar deflected, underexplained, and declined.

-Plastic's alignment is irrelevant to my case - the lack of explanation/seeming manufactured nature of wologar's arguments are why I think wologar is scum. Plastic could be town scum wologar thinks would be easier to manipulate! Who knows!

Last point.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Right ok but are you calling this dumb or scum

Honestly I am just annoyed and feel like I can't win with b-, we can politely say it's differing styles and philosophy. I don't think b-'s arguments hold water, though - and I think highlighting that I am simultaneously scummy for not interacting with a player voting me, and also, scummy for interacting with somebody voting on me is relevant for showing it's a bad case.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah I'm reading Maerlyn as town cause while I was just chilling out, she was starting up the exact same kind of slapfight with Yami that she normally gets into with me instead.

But I don't think Keane is a good alternative to her at all.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this given my track record in Song 2, but we should vote someone who isn't those two, imo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Cloacamazing! posted:

Okay, I think I actually see where we're missing each other.

So plastic COULD be scum, right? But I don't really think there's a strong link, and I don't think Plastic's alignment is a strong component to how I personally view this. I don't really have a read on plastic. That doesn't mean "I think Plastic is town and wologar is scum"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Put in other words -

If right now HCT came in an said "Plastic is mod confirmed town" I would still be voting wologar for the posts around it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So basically my approach to scum hunting is finding folks who can't explain/don't adequately explain their thoughts and process.

And I do think wologar hits this - in particular, there's little explanation for why Plastic is townier than Illusionis, townier by enough of a margin to throw Illusionis to the wolves to save Plastic.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway, 4 hours to spare so!

I'm a psychic frog and I can message people. I messaged Wologar, bif, and Maerlyn today.

I used my power only for mischief and tomfoolery. During the night, I can used them for scum hunting, but, you know, it's funny to trick wologar into posting a poem and bif into making fart jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CCKeane posted:

Anyway, 4 hours to spare so!

I'm a psychic frog and I can message people. I messaged Wologar, bif, and Maerlyn today.

I used my power only for mischief and tomfoolery. During the night, I can used them for scum hunting, but, you know, it's funny to trick wologar into posting a poem and bif into making fart jokes.

See this is what I mean when I say "weird mechanics" mona

Keane, is there an actual difference between how your power is used during the day vs. at night?