Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

CCKeane posted:

Anyway, 4 hours to spare so!

I'm a psychic frog and I can message people. I messaged Wologar, bif, and Maerlyn today.

I used my power only for mischief and tomfoolery. During the night, I can used them for scum hunting, but, you know, it's funny to trick wologar into posting a poem and bif into making fart jokes.

I am so jealous of that role!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

saladscooper posted:

See this is what I mean when I say "weird mechanics" mona

Keane, is there an actual difference between how your power is used during the day vs. at night?

Yes, substantially.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Cloacamazing! posted:

I am so jealous of that role!

I honestly consider myself to have won the game when bif posted this:

Bifauxnen posted:

Let this be a lesson to all the votefinder newbs: never let a colon stop you from voting. Just go ahead and cropdust those votes all over the thread.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

saladscooper posted:

See this is what I mean when I say "weird mechanics" mona

Keane, is there an actual difference between how your power is used during the day vs. at night?

Eh.

Yeah I'm not really feeling the Keane vote very strongly right now. As should be expected.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

I'm a psychic frog and I can message people. I messaged Wologar, bif, and Maerlyn today.

I used my power only for mischief and tomfoolery. During the night, I can used them for scum hunting, but, you know, it's funny to trick wologar into posting a poem and bif into making fart jokes.

Huh, so did Maerlyn not listen to the fun message, or did she get a more serious one

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Huh, so did Maerlyn not listen to the fun message, or did she get a more serious one

I was waiting for somebody to claim vanilla town, and I sent a message stating Maer was now chocolate town instead, after the conversation with b-.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I was hoping for a very annoying AHA GOTCHA moment, but, alas.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I was waiting for somebody to claim vanilla town, and I sent a message stating Maer was now chocolate town instead, after the conversation with b-.

Haha, excellent

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

He feels a bit more passive than usual? His sudden questioning of wolo re: Plastic was a bit twitchy (like he caught wolo on something), and Hal isn't the type to bus scumbuddies much but I know Keane does, so I want to flip either Hal or Keane:

Untrue, I would bus a scumbuddy as easily as Keane!

Having read over Maerlyn, I don’t really love the posting. Lots of following binus and not really caring much about the VT claim. Very safe thus far.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

Eh.

Yeah I'm not really feeling the Keane vote very strongly right now. As should be expected.

Same. Claimed role is kinda whatever but I haven’t seen anything that would make me think Keane is scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

saladscooper posted:

Oh well this changes things a little.

##unvote

I don't really wanna go for Keane but I'll swing there to avoid a no lunch if need be

This is another questionable post from saladscooper. Like, what did binus say that changed things?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Hal Insandenza posted:

This is another questionable post from saladscooper. Like, what did binus say that changed things?

Binus said he had extra info about Maer's role because apparently they're in a masonry or something?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

So basically my approach to scum hunting is finding folks who can't explain/don't adequately explain their thoughts and process.

Oh, buddy.

I stopped interacting with you because it became obvious that you were just fishing for gotchas when you began putting your own words in my fingers ("strong read", "bad case") to fit your narrative. All under the pretense of scum-hunting.

If for some unfathomable reason you're town, open your eyes and realize that not everyone shares your thought processes and there's more than one way to play the game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

saladscooper posted:

Binus said he had extra info about Maer's role because apparently they're in a masonry or something?

Hmmm I think he was referring to the “secret” message she sent in the thread.

But it’s more that binus barely said anything convincing and you were just all too happy to jump off to something else that you didn’t seem invested in

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

S'allright. I used the sonnet for my own role, although only Maer followed up on it. Results will be online D2.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Btw, what's with the Maer votes? Can someone explain why is she scummy?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wologar posted:

Btw, what's with the Maer votes? Can someone explain why is she scummy?

I just found her to be follow-y and safe without much in the way of unique opinions.

But it’s also D1 so it not super compelling

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

Oh, buddy.

I stopped interacting with you because it became obvious that you were just fishing for gotchas when you began putting your own words in my fingers ("strong read", "bad case") to fit your narrative. All under the pretense of scum-hunting.

If for some unfathomable reason you're town, open your eyes and realize that not everyone shares your thought processes and there's more than one way to play the game.

I mean, anybody can do anything. Why am I scum then?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

I mean, anybody can do anything. Why am I scum then?

- You kept putting words in my mouth.

- Your questions were made to fish for gotchas.

- You refuse to see that my attitude and posts towards Hal/Maer and Plastic are the same. There's nothing there.

- You insist that I'm lying because I don't answer how you want me to answer.

It's all in bad faith.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

- You kept putting words in my mouth.

- Your questions were made to fish for gotchas.

- You refuse to see that my attitude and posts towards Hal/Maer and Plastic are the same. There's nothing there.

- You insist that I'm lying because I don't answer how you want me to answer.

It's all in bad faith.

I mean, I think you're saying I'm putting words in your mouth a lot more than I am, and I explicitly offered a concession, but regardless, why isn't this somebody seeing the game differently from you? Why can't you yourself open your eyes and see somebody playing differently from you?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Just waking up so will catch up later if possible but I don't mind being the lunch, better me than some townie with a helpful power.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Here's something that has me feeling bad about yami + yami replacement

to have a d1 replacement hop immediately onto yami's read....

idk... kinda feels like this:

a town reader replacing a town role, they have to reevaluate the game and come up with their own conclusions.

a scum reader replacing a scum role, they have a limited area to make moves and push in (their scum mates aren't IDEAL pushes d1) and they're mostly interested in not rocking the boat.

i think settling back down on mae given that she was at -7 at the time 12-24 hours from deadline means that wind is scums but idk. I don't want this to be keane's death knell post but I'm just going to say i'm open to turboing windward

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

keane's case is fine woloo and like, is the basics of any case in the game.

i think he correctly identifies an inexplicable opinion, and in mafia if a person has an inexplicable opinion most players have to assume it's a scum agenda. that's how the game works

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

keane's case is fine woloo and like, is the basics of any case in the game.

i think he correctly identifies an inexplicable opinion, and in mafia if a person has an inexplicable opinion most players have to assume it's a scum agenda. that's how the game works

Correct, this is precisely my angle.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Actually I don't feel like fighting it that much.

I'm not sold on Keane as scum (I would have voted Yami over him but I'm not the type to vote out replacements although Wind joining and coming to the same conclusions/voting me is pretty funny, one of the reasons I considered Yami scum is he knows I'm easy to push a case on so his asking to slap fight didn't feel like a joke but just getting rolling as scum/not seeing an obvious thread to start pulling on and defaulting to me...which is why I called him scum in my reply, to gauge his reaction and because it felt like something scum Yami would do).

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Maerlyn posted:

I'm not sold on Keane as scum (I would have voted Yami over him but I'm not the type to vote out replacements although Wind joining and coming to the same conclusions/voting me is pretty funny, one of the reasons I considered Yami scum is he knows I'm easy to push a case on so his asking to slap fight didn't feel like a joke but just getting rolling as scum/not seeing an obvious thread to start pulling on and defaulting to me...which is why I called him scum in my reply, to gauge his reaction and because it felt like something scum Yami would do).

Just vote keane if only to save yourself. It’s obvious that you are town so try to stay alive

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Maerlyn posted:

Come on, Maer! Fight for your life!

Unless this is Evil Step-Mother Part 2, in which case, fine. But I don't see it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Maerlyn posted:

vote wind

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
##vote Maerlyn

Keane comes across pretty genuine with his recent posts, and while I still don't really see his case and suspect he's tunneled himself into seeing wol as scum no matter what, that's a behavior I usually assoicate with town. Maer just showing up and going "Eh, I'm not fighting that one" feels less genuine, and reminds me of the other time I saw her as scum about to get voted out.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Actually, that reminds me, Maer dislikes playing scum, right? So that would also fit with her being apathetic about the votes. Meta read of course, but it's making me more confident with my vote at least.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Cloacamazing! posted:

Actually, that reminds me, Maer dislikes playing scum, right? So that would also fit with her being apathetic about the votes. Meta read of course, but it's making me more confident with my vote at least.

I wouldn't be phoning it in if I were scum.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CCKeane posted:

So basically my approach to scum hunting is finding folks who can't explain/don't adequately explain their thoughts and process.

lol rip me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Cloacamazing! posted:

##vote Maerlyn

Keane comes across pretty genuine with his recent posts, and while I still don't really see his case and suspect he's tunneled himself into seeing wol as scum no matter what, that's a behavior I usually assoicate with town. Maer just showing up and going "Eh, I'm not fighting that one" feels less genuine, and reminds me of the other time I saw her as scum about to get voted out.

Lol

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Maerlyn is confirmed town

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Maerlyn is town you fools

Keane is better but maybe not the best

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Why are both of you so convinced on that? I'd say she seems at least somewhat suspicious.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
AN is my highest scum pick for now, not scumhunting, posting fluff, also their vote still being this, with that reason is really suspicious to me.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Oh then I guess ##vote bif

I think she's saying that she's scum since I'm town and we have different alignments

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Oh only about an hour left? Yeah lunch me, it's fine. I'm going to the store next so I won't even be home for deadline.