Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Maerlyn posted:

I wouldn't put AN high on my town list, I'm kinda suspicious of people wanting to save me/swerve at the last minute.

:goofy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I agree that maer's post is completely nonsensical

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

It's not too late to shift to salad!!!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote salad

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
do it you won't

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
But also Keane. Remember that keane was neck and neck with maer until everyone switched to me

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

But also Keane. Remember that keane was neck and neck with maer until everyone switched to me

##vote Keane

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
What if Keane and maer are both scum

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
But seriously I'm not a good target for today, there hasn't even been a whole lot of discourse surrounding me. At least with Anarc just about everybody has mentioned something in passing about them. It was the same with Maer/Keane but I think both of them are town, so I swapped to someone I find scummy who'd give us some actual info

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
We should all switch to EITHER salad or Keane. Not both 🙃

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

We should all switch to EITHER salad or Keane. Not both 🙃

I won't vote salad today. I agree that he seems weird, but he is ALWAYS weird. And easy to push.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I mean I feel strongly you are town so I wouldn't vote you. I am ambivalent about AN but the swerve is sketchy. I don't know if that's any clearer. I don't think AN would flip scum, I just think scum "know" they are getting nothing by removing me so why not randomly swerve to someone else and hope they hit something better than VT?

Monathin posted:

It's not too late to shift to salad!!!

##vote saladscooper

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

wologar posted:

I won't vote salad today. I agree that he seems weird, but he is ALWAYS weird. And easy to push.

Well it seems like the alternative is me being lunched so 🤷

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Jesus fine ##vote Keane

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hmm I wonder why that is

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Cmon wolo. Get on the train

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Jesus people make up your minds, vote me or Keane

##vote Keane

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cmon wolo. Get on the train

Chant with me: Keane! Keane! Keane!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Vote me, I don't really care.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote keane

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Okay, back to the previous case then, ##vote Keane

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

gonna laugh if binus is wrong but here we go i suppose ##vote keane

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
That's -1, someone around to hammer?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
gently caress noe thats some activity look at tomorrow##vote CCKeane

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
:redhammer:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I do need to reread if I'm still alive but Cloaca/Salad/Plastic will be scrutinized, the flip flopping is hella scummy.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Votecount for Day 1

CCKeane (8): saladscooper, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton, saladscooper, wologar, Maerlyn, b-minus1, shwinnebego, wologar, shwinnebego, wologar, Maerlyn, saladscooper, Maerlyn, AnonymousNarcotics, Cloacamazing!, Monathin, Illusionis
AnonymousNarcotics (3): wologar, shwinnebego, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego, wologar, Illusionis, Bifauxnen, saladscooper, wologar, CCKeane, Cloacamazing!, PlasticAutomaton, shwinnebego, wologar, saladscooper, Cloacamazing!, Illusionis
Maerlyn (2): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, PlasticAutomaton, WindwardAway, Toalpaz, CCKeane, saladscooper, saladscooper, Cloacamazing!, CCKeane, Cloacamazing!, PlasticAutomaton
saladscooper (1): Hal Insandenza, Monathin, AnonymousNarcotics, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, AnonymousNarcotics, Monathin
Hal Insandenza (1): b-minus1, b-minus1, CCKeane, CCKeane, Bifauxnen
Bifauxnen (0): AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics
Toalpaz (0): Monathin, Monathin
Cloacamazing! (0): Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz, Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz
shwinnebego (0): Monathin, Monathin
wologar (0): Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, b-minus1, b-minus1, CCKeane, CCKeane
Monathin (0): Illusionis, b-minus1, shwinnebego, b-minus1, saladscooper, Toalpaz, Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz, saladscooper
b-minus1 (0): Monathin, Monathin, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics

Not Voting (0):

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The incident has clearly thrown everything into chaos. What once was a tight crew that could trust each other in any foul weather is now rife with paranoia. In the end, one of them stuck out. Wait, hold on? A telepathic frog? That doesn't sound like any crewmate anyone remembers. In fact, it sounds suspiciously like a specimen, if anything!

CCKeane a.k.a. Poppy, SELF-Aligned Keplerian Telepathic Frog has been returned to specimen containment!

quote:

When you were brought aboard the ship, you didn’t mind much. These beings don’t seem to mean you any harm, and their artificial ponds are pretty neat. They named you Poppy. You didn’t really have a name before. To them, you are just a strange, plump little amphibian life form, red with black and yellow spots. In reality, you have powerful telepathic abilities. All this recent trouble is just… trouble, honestly. Maybe once things calm down someone will come and bring you to a new and interesting kind of pond somewhere else.

You are Poppy, SELF-Aligned Keplerian Telepathic Frog. You win the game if you are alive at the end of the game, no matter who else wins.

During the day, you may send up to three short (500 characters max) private telepathic ##messages to other players. Those players will not be told who sent the message unless you tell them, and cannot privately reply to them.

During the night, you may ##hide in another player’s pocket for the night, making you completely untargetable. Additionally, you will receive a telepathic vision of all action results that player sees that night, including their own actions and anything else they were affected by, but not their input (such as who they targeted, if anyone).

However, if you hide behind someone who attempts to perform a kill, or if the player you hide behind dies, you will also die.

Night 1 has begun. 24 hours for night actions.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

It is with great trepidation that the crew reluctantly accept that they must rest sooner or later, and drift off to an uneasy sleep. Well, some of them, anyway. Unfortunately, as the day breaks, it turns out that one of their most esteemed members will not awake again at all.

b-minus1 a.k.a. Lafayette J. Churchway, CREW-Aligned Human Commanding Officer has been killed.

quote:

Well, this mission sure turned to Andromedan swine poo poo in a hurry. But you've been through worse. This isn't your first trip to space, by far, and you're not going to let your crew down now. Some of the computer systems still work, though you were never very technical, and find yourself unable to fix them on your own. With any luck the engineering department is still somewhat intact. For now, you must do what you've always done: take command, and lead.

You are Captain Lafayette J. Churchway, CREW-Aligned Human Commanding Officer. You win the game when all threats to the ship have been eliminated.

As long as you are alive, whenever a senior officer is eliminated, a random Redshirt (vanilla crew) player will receive a field promotion to fill the eliminated officer’s role. The datalinks are still busted, so you won’t know who is promoted, if anyone at all.

During the day, you may exercise your authority to ##doublevote a player publicly in the thread. You may change who you are doublevoting at any time, but if you use this ability at any point during the day you cannot use it again the following day. Furthermore, once there are five or fewer living players remaining in the game, you cannot use it at all.

It is now Day 2. The day will last a little over 48 hours.

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (13): AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, Cloacamazing!, Hal Insandenza, Illusionis, Maerlyn, Monathin, PlasticAutomaton, saladscooper, shwinnebego, Toalpaz, WindwardAway, wologar

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 06th, 2022 at 11 p.m. CET -- that's in about 2 days.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Good morning. Breakfast muffins, anyone?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Ok first off
I did not see Keane's claim around EoD but the way they used their role was funny as hell
Second, who nightkills binus??

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

And third, I know I was visited last night, and I'll leave it up to my visitor whether they care to claim or not.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

WindwardAway posted:

Ok first off
I did not see Keane's claim around EoD but the way they used their role was funny as hell
Second, who nightkills binus??

I know, right???

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
An enabler of backups! Interesting idea, but it sucks poo poo having it out of the picture this early.

I think I'm gonna fullclaim, cause my role's not all -that- powerful and I've already drabbled out my passive trait.

Hi everybody, I'm Wendy Swan. I'm an annoying teen prodigy, and a Hated Snoop. My snoop lets me see if someone was visited or visited someone else, but not which happened, or who they visited, or what they did. So apparently the teen prodigy does not have a prodigious talent for snooping.

Last night I snooped Maerlyn and got a positive response, so if her claims of being vanilla are true we know at least one person visited her. Not all that surprising, I'm afraid.

Keane being self-aligned (lol that he rolled survivor again) is as good as a town flip when it comes to the info it gives us on scum. I have a feeling binus was killed partially to frame Hal (or potentially even Wind), so I'm wary about moving there for today. In fact I'm most suspicious of how wolo looks now that Keane's flipped non-scum - I think it's possible wolo was looking to create chaos by jumping on a few EoD swerves that he knew were onto town. So that would make Maer and Anarc town in my eyes at this point.

So that's Hal/Wind/Maer/Anarc I'd rather not vote. I guess I'd be willing to hit Mona today, but I'll need to reread/watch and wait.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

And third, I know I was visited last night, and I'll leave it up to my visitor whether they care to claim or not.

If we've got a busdriver or some other kind of redirector it's possible my snoop got pointed to you instead of Maer which is ????

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all, I'm really annoyed that the one time I literally sleep through deadline y'all apparently decided to only then go along with voting ANarc, and not Hal who I'd left my vote on.

I'm down for trying again on ANarc today but I still think Hal's false-sounding defense is more actively scummy than AN's more generally lurky play. And it could have possibly been white knighting a town AN rather than defending a scumbro.

##vote Hal

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

I know, right???

The thing is that I could totally buy binus as a night kill target if he got rolecopped because he delegates backups
That would imply scum has a daytime rolecop, though, and I was really hoping I wouldn't see another one of those any time soon

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
binus flip kind of confirms Maer being VT for me at least:

quote:

As long as you are alive, whenever a senior officer is eliminated, a random Redshirt (vanilla crew) player will receive a field promotion to fill the eliminated officer’s role. The datalinks are still busted, so you won’t know who is promoted, if anyone at all.

Maerlyn posted:

Also just for fun I'm Marco Nguyen, CREW Aligned Human Redshirt. My husband tells me that in Star Trek the original series, if the red shirts were brought down to the planet that was the guy who died so seems fitting, lol.

Seems unlikely that she'd just guess that vanilla town is called redshirts. So yesterday's initial tie was town vs 3P. The question is, were the swerves to AN and salad the same? AN caught a lot of heat very fast with little resistance, and it feels like scum would have at least tried to avoid this.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

saladscooper posted:

If we've got a busdriver or some other kind of redirector it's possible my snoop got pointed to you instead of Maer which is ????

I don't think it was you
I mean I guess if it was, I don't even know if *you* would show up as visiting me in the results since it seems a bit redundant (and dumb) for a snoop to tell the person they're snooping on, that they're snooping on them (because snoops are supposed to be sneaky)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

Keane being self-aligned (lol that he rolled survivor again) is as good as a town flip when it comes to the info it gives us on scum. I have a feeling binus was killed partially to frame Hal (or potentially even Wind),

What? Binus was active and wordy as hell, he prolly just got killed for everyone thinking he was town. Also he was super wrong on Keane, who I'm still mad is dead after his fun antics, so I doubt anyone cares what his reads are

This is a big stretch for a justification, Salad is now third on the list