Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rim fortress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
is og dwarf fortress still a thing? didn’t they make it more visual a while back or something?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

President Beep posted:

is og dwarf fortress still a thing? didn’t they make it more visual a while back or something?

i believe it is. the steam release is in a few days for the newest version

https://store.steampowered.com/app/975370/Dwarf_Fortress/

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

can the dwarf rimworld clone come out so i can take a month off work already

I saw one that was similar looking and scottish in some way

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

rim fortress

text me

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

echinopsis posted:

I saw one that was similar looking and scottish in some way

that's clanfolk, i believe

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

dioxazine posted:

that's clanfolk, i believe

yeah, early access show promise

I like how research works

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/naginatairl/status/1598737883539550208?s=20&t=dbk5zXFMZPeTclwSxkGDlA

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

can you play Dwarf Fortress like The Sims meets Sim City meets Terraria or is it almost exactly like Rimworld with the scenarios?

I probably asked this already but I can’t remember

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

can you play Dwarf Fortress like The Sims meets Sim City meets Terraria or is it almost exactly like Rimworld with the scenarios?

the first definitely, idk if there are scenarios per se

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

is this a bug that needs to be fixed or a bug that's too funny to fix
https://i.imgur.com/HbLbtNh.mp4

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

the first definitely, idk if there are scenarios per se

oh poo poo I may be giving dwarf fortress a go then

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

There are no scenarios, but you do setup your embark in a similar way if that is what you are asking.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ultimately I just want a game somewhat like Factorio where you can build your own gigantic sprawling city/factory/mine but without playing Industrial Engineering Simulator and with more than just your player character and some drones to interact with, similar to Rimworld

afaict that sounds like dwarf fortress except add in I’m assuming a massive learning curve

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

and cats dying of alcohol poisoning 'cos they were cleaning themselves in a bar

(e) wait was that the patch note? ah well nevermind there's so many strange interactions like it that you can't throw a plump helmet without hitting one

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 3, 2022

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ultimately I just want a game somewhat like Factorio where you can build your own gigantic sprawling city/factory/mine but without playing Industrial Engineering Simulator and with more than just your player character and some drones to interact with, similar to Rimworld

afaict that sounds like dwarf fortress except add in I’m assuming a massive learning curve

There's factory stuff in RimWorld now I think, or at least mods that add them. The latest expansion added little builder and hauler robots you can make

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the cats in vampire survivors are pretty hilarious

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/DickWhitehouse/status/1598353273647353860

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

jesus WEP posted:

at first they seem weak and aimless but as their power grows they become quite formidable

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

at first they seem weak and aimless but as their power grows they become quite formidable
I just like how well they captured the nature of cats. they’re amazing but also they’re complete assholes who will damage you more than the enemies

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

playing anno: mutationem right now. fun so far, but i am only about an hour and a half in

pixel art cyberpunk 2.5d action rpg?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

the dog poops flowers

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

The Fool posted:

the dog poops flowers

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Fool posted:

the dog poops flowers
can you unlock the flower poop so you can be an old man priest shuffling around pooping flowers

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

can you unlock the flower poop so you can be an old man priest shuffling around pooping flowers

yes

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i guess i need to play more vampire survivors huh

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

quiggy posted:

i guess i need to play more vampire survivors huh

it is super chill

but starting from the beginning before they added layer upon layer of new stuff made it easier to swallow

still the best lawn mower simulator since lawn mower simulator

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i have like 10ish hours on it and enjoyed it, but the combo system annoys me because the pairings are completely nonsensical. as a result I haven't bothered playing nearly enough to actually unlock a lot of the more interesting poo poo

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

quiggy posted:

i have like 10ish hours on it and enjoyed it, but the combo system annoys me because the pairings are completely nonsensical. as a result I haven't bothered playing nearly enough to actually unlock a lot of the more interesting poo poo

months ago I'd read the SA thread for the combos or the constantly out of date fan wiki

now I'm just like get all the birds and rainbow magic! it'll grind down your fps even on a decent system because it's not coded too well

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

my biggest complaint is that the game is like 30 minute-ish chunks. it just feels kind of awkward to work around sometimes.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

super mario party is an a+ drunk game. there was another switch mario i played at somebodys house that sucked total rear end but this one is more like the classic ones. having buddies sucked that was a stupid idea

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I got my switch and Pokémon scarlet today

best Pokémon game yet, and in very early game. very excited to check out some first party titles like SSB and MK8 and hopefully get the missus interested in playing those classics again

she used to kick my rear end at Mario cart for the wii

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Eeyo posted:

my biggest complaint is that the game is like 30 minute-ish chunks. it just feels kind of awkward to work around sometimes.
my biggest complaint is i can’t sleep if i play it within like 3 hours of bedtime lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

best Pokémon game yet, and in very early game. very excited to check out some first party titles like SSB and MK8 and hopefully get the missus interested in playing those classics again

i cannot recommend clubhouse 51 enough

if you have someone to play with, that is

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

does she like sidescroll super mario brothers? smb u or w/e it’s called is neat.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/vg_history/status/1411105441556287488

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

President Beep posted:

yes you can still download og dwarf fortress for free, and they have promised it will always be available. I don’t think they updated the “graphics” at any point which is fine, df should always be played with the ascii tiles

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

yes you can still download og dwarf fortress for free, and they have promised it will always be available. I don’t think they updated the “graphics” at any point which is fine, df should always be played with the ascii tiles

pretty sure the whole deal with the steam release is an official tiles set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

if i were to ever try df out of morbid curiosity i’d want to attempt the ascii stuff.