Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I got my switch and Pokémon scarlet today

best Pokémon game yet, and in very early game. very excited to check out some first party titles like SSB and MK8 and hopefully get the missus interested in playing those classics again

she used to kick my rear end at Mario cart for the wii
get breath of the wild op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

jesus WEP posted:

unironically this. botw is my favorite video game.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

jesus WEP posted:

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I got my switch and Pokémon scarlet today

best Pokémon game yet, and in very early game. very excited to check out some first party titles like SSB and MK8 and hopefully get the missus interested in playing those classics again

she used to kick my rear end at Mario cart for the wii

this poo poo rules. you are about to start your very own pokemon journey

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

gonna be traveling a lot this month and I've put pokemon on hold as a result. v excited to get back to it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

unironically this. botw is my favorite video game.
same. might replay it from the start

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

jesus WEP posted:

same. might replay it from the start

i was thinking that too, so that my body is ready for tears of the kingdom.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

smh if you don’t always have an active playthrough of botw going

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

with the way saves work, you always do!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

reminds me of all of the crazy glitches people have figured out. I’m not doing all that pain in the rear end poo poo to bomb jump or w/e. only one i ever did was the master sword glitch because it wasn’t 8,000 perfectly timed button presses. only like one.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i got my partner on team switch at thanksgiving when i handed her my nephews switch with botw which she, despite not liking video games, played 3 hours straight. next day i got the ok and i bought an oled switch. and now partners logged like 30hrs in botw and the little bit ive used the switch has been pokemon violet time so im excited to get to botw in the winter.

plan worked as intended tho. pretty much the only other game weve played together for any length of time is civ vi. which we’re also both extremely over after 600 hours.

one of the most adorable things about this experience is she spent the first two days barely if at all using the camera stick because she hasnt really played 3d games. so for two days in zelda she was running sideways at stuff. like she was setting it up to control like an old resident evil game with fixed camera angles. it was super interesting to watch

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cpokemons: Nemona needs to calm her poo poo

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

counterpoint: nemona loves you and wants you to do your best!!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

yeah, do your best for the future

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I loving love wandering fields and choosing which Pokémon to fight and catch

I feel bad abandoning my almost complete ultra sun play through I’ve been working on, but I’ll finish that before the pokebank thing in March so I can bring all my pokepals to switch

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep posted:

if i were to ever try df out of morbid curiosity i’d want to attempt the ascii stuff.

If you want to play i'd recommend disabling the grass ascii characters as it makes the game way more playable.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i've seen that performance can be bad in the new pokemon, how true is that?

also can i catch trubbish, the best pokemon?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Eeyo posted:

I haven’t noticed much beyond some npcs teleporting, but I’m also not grognarding or tryharding or anything

it sounds like it’s a memory leak issue since the longer you play the buggier it gets, and I don’t play for 4h stints

also yes you can

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

reminds me of all of the crazy glitches people have figured out. I’m not doing all that pain in the rear end poo poo to bomb jump or w/e. only one i ever did was the master sword glitch because it wasn’t 8,000 perfectly timed button presses. only like one.
what’s the master sword glitch? some way of pulling it out without all the hearts or what?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

President Beep posted:

i was thinking that too, so that my body is ready for tears of the kingdom.

I've played botw so many times but someone stole my switch and pro controller so i have to rebuy it

i guess still have the dlc on my account? idk but otherwise i'm out a few hundo before march

still worth it

e: i did hear botw itself was half price which is a gd miracle for Nintendo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

nintendo prices are hilarious, i bought botw for my nephew when it first came out, then when i bought it for myself along with a switch in 2020 it actually cost more because idk inflation

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

what’s the master sword glitch? some way of pulling it out without all the hearts or what?

yes :twisted:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

jesus WEP posted:

Looks like you go to master sword, set a campfire by it, look up and hit the wait prompt. While it’s transitioning you mash A and you’ll grab it. I just started a play through over the other day, my 2.5 year old loves it, so I’m definitely trying this instead of beelining the shrines (her least favorite part. Her favorite is cooking and looking at the volcano)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol

i tried doing bomb jumping or whatever from a youtube tutorial but all that stuff is just so finicky and i’m old and my wits and reflices are slow

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jesus WEP posted:

lol

i tried doing bomb jumping or whatever from a youtube tutorial but all that stuff is just so finicky and i’m old and my wits and reflices are slow

get good old man

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i will never

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

git gud or savescum trying

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

get good old man

:bahgawd:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the sword glitch is pain in the rear end fuckery that you only have to do once for a huge payoff. bomb jumping is a huge pain in the rear end for negligible benefit. i get why people like to challenge themselves figuring this stuff out but when you need to go through some 15 second long button/timing sequence to go far once then i say “no, thank you!” that’s just getting in the way of game play.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

do not at me!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

next play through im just backing out of any shrine with those loving motion control puzzles

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Eeyo posted:

performance is real bad, especially docked, but it's a turn based rpg made for literal children so it doesn't really get in the way that much. thankfully there's not really any bugs that directly impact gameplay, the biggest one I know of (predictable rng in online battles) was already fixed

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

very much enjoying eastward

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I got ending 1 in nier: replicant and it owned. ! highly recommend the nier games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WNTzqKGxp4

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

👍

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor is.. young

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

is little baby rotor the fruit of my loins?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

watch out for red foxes

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

a dingo ate me rotor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I got ending 1 in nier: replicant and it owned. ! highly recommend the nier games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WNTzqKGxp4

are any of those on gamep rear end?