Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

To be honest that swerve off of Anarc is still way more suspicious. It's very telling that things were kinda split evenly between Maerlyn and Keane till Anarc was in the spotlight, then BAM. An incredibly hasty swerve back to Keane to try and save him, including framing it as Salad VS Keane to force Salad onto the Keane train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I am very disappointed that after all of wol's talk, nobody with the lowest post count exploded.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

I don't think it was you
I mean I guess if it was, I don't even know if *you* would show up as visiting me in the results since it seems a bit redundant (and dumb) for a snoop to tell the person they're snooping on, that they're snooping on them (because snoops are supposed to be sneaky)

Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention is that my snoops are Loud, so. It's possible.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning all, I'm really annoyed that the one time I literally sleep through deadline y'all apparently decided to only then go along with voting ANarc, and not Hal who I'd left my vote on.

I'm down for trying again on ANarc today but I still think Hal's false-sounding defense is more actively scummy than AN's more generally lurky play. And it could have possibly been white knighting a town AN rather than defending a scumbro.

##vote Hal

Which Hal post(s) are you referring to?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Anyways if Wolo's still top post count, still don't feel like firing my gun.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Wait, that one wasn't a joke?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I seriously thought that was a joke based on wol's insistence that the person with the lowest postcount would explode,

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cloacamazing! posted:

I am very disappointed that after all of wol's talk, nobody with the lowest post count exploded.

Hard same lol

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

Lol I'm tied for lowest post count with Plastic, meaning I had the lowest post count coming into today

Tbf I don't know if Yami's posts also count toward my slot but maybe they do, I guess that would be logical

I do want to hear the follow-up explanation from wologar

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Anyways if Wolo's still top post count, still don't feel like firing my gun.

Wait yeah, that means if wolo was serious about it, you and he would have your guns aimed at each other now lmao

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bifauxnen posted:

What? Binus was active and wordy as hell, he prolly just got killed for everyone thinking he was town. Also he was super wrong on Keane, who I'm still mad is dead after his fun antics, so I doubt anyone cares what his reads are

This is a big stretch for a justification, Salad is now third on the list

This is also possible. Bif what are your thoughts on my thoughts on wolo's behavior EoD?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

WindwardAway posted:

Wait yeah, that means if wolo was serious about it, you and he would have your guns aimed at each other now lmao

I honestly want to keep my post count low just to maintain this status quo. :allears:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

WindwardAway posted:

Which Hal post(s) are you referring to?

This one here.

Hal Insandenza posted:

I mean I don’t have any strong scum reads at this point, but salad scooper is still on the list

I was moving AN up my list, but the recent posts feel more town, AN seems like they are having fun

Schwinn is shitposting pretty hard, could be scum for sure

Bif was pinging me a bit there, but I think she’s in casual town bif mode the more I see

There are a group of people I have no thoughts on yet, like Maer and cloaca that I need to think about

And after I called Hal out he followed it up with this.

Hal Insandenza posted:

Sorry I was just continuing the joke

If I have to be more serious, I didn’t like ANarcs early binus vote and the bit about if people think they are town then they are scum and vice versa. But the later unvote and reconsideration I liked, and I like their loose joking attitude. I don’t see why bif would find that impossible to believe but that’s bif for you

Just look over ANarcs whole post history, AN had barely been around too so I have no idea what would give Hal any sort of read at all, let alone "seems like they are having fun"

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

Lol I'm tied for lowest post count with Plastic, meaning I had the lowest post count coming into today

Tbf I don't know if Yami's posts also count toward my slot but maybe they do, I guess that would be logical

I do want to hear the follow-up explanation from wologar

I swear I typed more than just that but I guess i finished the thought in my head lol, oh well

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I also received a visit last night. As for how the swerve looked out, it's quite interesting to me that Maer was the one seemingly in danger when people started hopping on my AN case and then we swerved again over to Keane. Makes me rather suspicious of Maer right now. As for Maer knowing that vanilla are red shirts, I don't think that's very meaningful, you can all verify HTC gives out fakeclaims for scum by checking the channels for innistrad mafia.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

This is also possible. Bif what are your thoughts on my thoughts on wolo's behavior EoD?

I'll have to reread the end of day first, when I caught up I was more caught up on the fact that Keane got lunched and being mad and might've missed wolo doing anything weird

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

..Yeah, I could see Hal.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Bifauxnen posted:

This one here.

And after I called Hal out he followed it up with this.

Just look over ANarcs whole post history, AN had barely been around too so I have no idea what would give Hal any sort of read at all, let alone "seems like they are having fun"

Oh yeah I remember commenting before that second post you quoted
I thought he threw in an unnecessary response to you, I had wanted to point it out because it felt off somehow and I remember someone else agreeing (not about it being AI but about it being unnecessary)

That first post you quoted feels like Hal is just throwing reads at the wall and waiting to see what sticks, though

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

If we've got a busdriver or some other kind of redirector it's possible my snoop got pointed to you instead of Maer which is ????

I find it sus to go straight to this sort of “what if redirector?!” Thinking for no reasons

It dulls our collective Occam’s razor with unnecessary fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also just to be sure we have Illusionis and Windward claiming visits on themselves and Salad claiming someone visited Maerlyn?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

shwinnebego posted:

I find it sus to go straight to this sort of “what if redirector?!” Thinking for no reasons

It dulls our collective Occam’s razor with unnecessary fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

Honestly I signed up for this game specifically because I wanted to be on HCT's wild ride. I'm prepared for anything at this point, and I find it odd that you're characterizing having what I perceive to be a healthy amount of doubt as fearmongering.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I still think Maerlyn is town, and I think binus read Keane right as non-town

I think salad is sus and I think ANarc is worth looking at just cuz votes melted off of them

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bifauxnen posted:

I'll have to reread the end of day first, when I caught up I was more caught up on the fact that Keane got lunched and being mad and might've missed wolo doing anything weird

Now that I'm thinking about it I'm coming around to your case on Hal. I don't think it's like Hal to push someone as scum early D1 and then kinda, drop off the face of the earth

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Whoever killed binus for actually putting in effort loving sucks

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also just to be sure we have Illusionis and Windward claiming visits on themselves and Salad claiming someone visited Maerlyn?

I confirm on my end, yeah

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Confirmed on my end

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
That is to say, confirmed that someone visited Maerlyn OR Maerlyn visited someone, depending on if she's lying about her role or not

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

saladscooper posted:

Keane being self-aligned (lol that he rolled survivor again) is as good as a town flip when it comes to the info it gives us on scum. I have a feeling binus was killed partially to frame Hal (or potentially even Wind), so I'm wary about moving there for today. In fact I'm most suspicious of how wolo looks now that Keane's flipped non-scum - I think it's possible wolo was looking to create chaos by jumping on a few EoD swerves that he knew were onto town. So that would make Maer and Anarc town in my eyes at this point.

So that's Hal/Wind/Maer/Anarc I'd rather not vote. I guess I'd be willing to hit Mona today, but I'll need to reread/watch and wait.

I do not like the framing of why binus was killed here at all.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Did I miss why binus flipping would make me look bad?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Monathin posted:

i agree

saladscooper posted:

An enabler of backups! Interesting idea, but it sucks poo poo having it out of the picture this early.

I think I'm gonna fullclaim, cause my role's not all -that- powerful and I've already drabbled out my passive trait.

Hi everybody, I'm Wendy Swan. I'm an annoying teen prodigy, and a Hated Snoop. My snoop lets me see if someone was visited or visited someone else, but not which happened, or who they visited, or what they did. So apparently the teen prodigy does not have a prodigious talent for snooping.

Last night I snooped Maerlyn and got a positive response, so if her claims of being vanilla are true we know at least one person visited her. Not all that surprising, I'm afraid.

Keane being self-aligned (lol that he rolled survivor again) is as good as a town flip when it comes to the info it gives us on scum. I have a feeling binus was killed partially to frame Hal (or potentially even Wind), so I'm wary about moving there for today. In fact I'm most suspicious of how wolo looks now that Keane's flipped non-scum - I think it's possible wolo was looking to create chaos by jumping on a few EoD swerves that he knew were onto town. So that would make Maer and Anarc town in my eyes at this point.

So that's Hal/Wind/Maer/Anarc I'd rather not vote. I guess I'd be willing to hit Mona today, but I'll need to reread/watch and wait.

don't like this use of power

don't like windward

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I read the AN swerve after the fact, but I think it's worth looking at.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

also lol @ salad still thinking I'm scum

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Wait, I definitely missed something.

Salad, you claimed Hated Snoop?

...Does the "hated" part of the role have significance or is it just flavor?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

Wait, I definitely missed something.

Salad, you claimed Hated Snoop?

...Does the "hated" part of the role have significance or is it just flavor?

No it's real, I'm Hated. I get eliminated with one less vote than normal.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Toalpaz posted:

i agree

don't like this use of power

don't like windward

do you think there's a better way i could've used the power last night?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

saladscooper posted:

No it's real, I'm Hated. I get eliminated with one less vote than normal.

But why would you publicly claim that? 😅

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Monathin posted:

I officially retract that framing, it makes zero sense and I have no idea what i was thinking 30 minutes ago when I wrote it

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

Wait nvm actually

It's better to know so there's no risk of accidental hammer I guess

Ignore my question, I'm dumb 😅

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

So there's no surprise if it ends up happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

saladscooper posted:

do you think there's a better way i could've used the power last night?

Ok actually I have another question for you
Would you get *yourself* as a result of your own snooping?