Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

I officially retract that framing, it makes zero sense and I have no idea what i was thinking 30 minutes ago when I wrote it

Lol k between this and the claim Salads back off the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Yeah I don't think you get anything meaningful out of targeting a claimed vanilla. Someone visits them and then what? You've confirmed someone has done something non lethal to a vanilla role. Realistically you out the presence of a town doctor, jailer, tracker, watcher, body guard.

I don't know I don't buy it being very useful.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

shwinnebego posted:

I find it sus to go straight to this sort of “what if redirector?!” Thinking for no reasons

It dulls our collective Occam’s razor with unnecessary fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

This was also my gut on seeing that post. Like wtf where did that thought even come from

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

PlasticAutomaton posted:

To be honest that swerve off of Anarc is still way more suspicious. It's very telling that things were kinda split evenly between Maerlyn and Keane till Anarc was in the spotlight, then BAM. An incredibly hasty swerve back to Keane to try and save him, including framing it as Salad VS Keane to force Salad onto the Keane train.

I'm interested in why you think the swerve OFF me is suspicious but not the swerve ONTO me (when it was split btwn maer and keane)

Genuine question

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

Ok actually I have another question for you
Would you get *yourself* as a result of your own snooping?

No, because I don't get player names in my results

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This was also my gut on seeing that post. Like wtf where did that thought even come from

What I learned in my last game with salad is that town!salad overthinks to the point where I just always suspect him for TMI 😬

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

saladscooper posted:

No, because I don't get player names in my results

So it's just a motion detector but you wouldn't get a result of 1 if you were the only visitor, you'd get a 0?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

So it's just a motion detector but you wouldn't get a result of 1 if you were the only visitor, you'd get a 0?

Oh! I'm actually not sure about that. My impression is I'd get a 0 or else the role would be completely useless.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Illusionis posted:

I also received a visit last night. As for how the swerve looked out, it's quite interesting to me that Maer was the one seemingly in danger when people started hopping on my AN case and then we swerved again over to Keane. Makes me rather suspicious of Maer right now. As for Maer knowing that vanilla are red shirts, I don't think that's very meaningful, you can all verify HTC gives out fakeclaims for scum by checking the channels for innistrad mafia.

This post captures a lot of my thoughts (swerve off maer, scum probably have fake claims)

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly cause I played a game as motion detector where I counted myself in my own results and I had to be extra careful sorting out the numbers

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Wind you might be under the impression I learn how many people interact with my target in some way, but I don't. I just learn a yes it happened or no it didn't.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Whats the flavour

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

saladscooper posted:

Wind you might be under the impression I learn how many people interact with my target in some way, but I don't. I just learn a yes it happened or no it didn't.

Ohhhh ok
So you're just claiming standard motion detector
...yeah, it would be pretty useless if you saw yourself visiting your target then lol
Fwiw I buy this claim because i don't think you've faltered in your responses to my questions

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

saladscooper posted:

So just to clarify - you pick a target, and then you get a "yes at least 1 person visited them" or "no no one visited them"

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

So just to clarify - you pick a target, and then you get a "yes at least 1 person visited them" or "no no one visited them"

Yes, but I also get a yes if my target visited someone else. So, if my target visited nobody and was visited by nobody - that's the only scenario in which I would get a no.

Again, it's not a very powerful role, but it has some uses - for instance, corroborating someone claiming to have visited my target on the night in question, or catching someone in a potential lie if they claimed to have gone nowhere on that same night.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Toalpaz posted:

Whats the flavour

Wendy Swan, teen prodigy of the crew. The flavor reason why I'm Hated is because I annoy everyone by acting arrogant all the time, it's pretty good

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

I gotta do some stuff but I'll be back later probably

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

This one here.

And after I called Hal out he followed it up with this.

Just look over ANarcs whole post history, AN had barely been around too so I have no idea what would give Hal any sort of read at all, let alone "seems like they are having fun"

I mean they literally posted about having fun, come on. I was playing to the theme.

I don’t see what’s so hard to fathom that on D1 when it’s all about gut reads I had a bad gut read on AN early on from voting, then felt good about them when they were posting in a casual an what I felt to be a non-self conscious manner. That’s like my go to way of looking at things on D1. You are making it sound like I made a hard town call on AN rather than commenting on my current feelings.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m hanging up Christmas lights so I won’t be around much until later. Still don’t like saladscooper, but I have to look more at the claim.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Lots of stuff to catch up on already.

saladscooper posted:

Last night I snooped Maerlyn and got a positive response, so if her claims of being vanilla are true we know at least one person visited her. Not all that surprising, I'm afraid.

Are you a loud visitor (i.e. people are informed when you visit)?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

I officially retract that framing, it makes zero sense and I have no idea what i was thinking 30 minutes ago when I wrote it

this is the towniest post that saladscooper has made all game

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

WindwardAway posted:

I don't think it was you
I mean I guess if it was, I don't even know if *you* would show up as visiting me in the results since it seems a bit redundant (and dumb) for a snoop to tell the person they're snooping on, that they're snooping on them (because snoops are supposed to be sneaky)

Well if salad is a snoop he's pretty bad at it, I was told that salad visited me last night. Were you similarly told "XX visited you in the night" by the mod?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

saladscooper posted:

Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention is that my snoops are Loud, so. It's possible.

Oh, yep. Ignore previous question (obviously I'm responding as I read)

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Maerlyn posted:

Well if salad is a snoop he's pretty bad at it, I was told that salad visited me last night. Were you similarly told "XX visited you in the night" by the mod?

No, I got a different message. But I'm positive it was a visit.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

PlasticAutomaton posted:

To be honest that swerve off of Anarc is still way more suspicious. It's very telling that things were kinda split evenly between Maerlyn and Keane till Anarc was in the spotlight, then BAM. An incredibly hasty swerve back to Keane to try and save him, including framing it as Salad VS Keane to force Salad onto the Keane train.

Who do you think was most suspicious in this swerve?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Maerlyn posted:

Ok so it's the kind of Loud where people know it's me. I wasn't certain cause in CYOR I was Loud but flavor Loud, not "they told my target it was me" Loud...

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Hal Insandenza posted:

I mean they literally posted about having fun, come on. I was playing to the theme.

I don’t see what’s so hard to fathom that on D1 when it’s all about gut reads I had a bad gut read on AN early on from voting, then felt good about them when they were posting in a casual an what I felt to be a non-self conscious manner. That’s like my go to way of looking at things on D1. You are making it sound like I made a hard town call on AN rather than commenting on my current feelings.

Is it just me, or does this sound overly defensive?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Monathin posted:

Whoever killed binus for actually putting in effort loving sucks

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

so does keane's death herald the end of bif's fartposting

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

WindwardAway posted:

Eh, sounds normal defensive to me

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

shwinnebego posted:

so does keane's death herald the end of bif's fartposting

That would stink

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Just skimmed the end of the day again, I think the scummiest looking people in that whole mess are wolo, Cloaca, and Plastic. Notably, Cloaca and Plastic show up for the swerve onto Anarc but don't swerve back onto Keane. Mona actually has a pretty townie reaction to the whole thing:

Monathin posted:

I'm here to help hammer. Anarc isn't my first choice but I really didn't like either of Keane vs Mae.

Gonna wait to see if anarc shows up though.

Monathin posted:

gonna laugh if binus is wrong but here we go i suppose ##vote keane

Specifically the desire to wait for Anarc to defend themself is what's giving me town vibes, as well as the begrudging nature of the Keane vote. Comes off as genuine to me, somehow.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

Nah I can see it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

saladscooper posted:

Just skimmed the end of the day again, I think the scummiest looking people in that whole mess are wolo, Cloaca, and Plastic. Notably, Cloaca and Plastic show up for the swerve onto Anarc but don't swerve back onto Keane. Mona actually has a pretty townie reaction to the whole thing:

Specifically the desire to wait for Anarc to defend themself is what's giving me town vibes, as well as the begrudging nature of the Keane vote. Comes off as genuine to me, somehow.

wow pretend i quoted exactly this but came to the exact opposite conclusion, i think this looks incredibly bad

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

wow pretend i quoted exactly this but came to the exact opposite conclusion, i think this looks incredibly bad

mona not u salad

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Toalpaz posted:

Do you think Mona was waiting for Anarc specifically to delay the hammer and give us time to swerve onto someone else?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cloacamazing! posted:

I am very disappointed that after all of wol's talk, nobody with the lowest post count exploded.

Same, tbh.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

saladscooper posted:

Do you think Mona was waiting for Anarc specifically to delay the hammer and give us time to swerve onto someone else?

Yeah gee, I wonder about that.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Anyways if Wolo's still top post count, still don't feel like firing my gun.

This only emboldens my resolve to post more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Bifauxnen posted:

What? Binus was active and wordy as hell, he prolly just got killed for everyone thinking he was town. Also he was super wrong on Keane, who I'm still mad is dead after his fun antics, so I doubt anyone cares what his reads are

This is a big stretch for a justification, Salad is now third on the list

Hey, he wasn't super wrong. Keane was non-town, after all.

Keane is much less fun when he tunnels you for flimsy stuff, but overall, yeah.