Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I hate to say it because it sounds like I'd vote half the game but I think i'm interested in voting wind, mona, and idk... salad?

i'd vote mona and wind but not salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am keeping the thought in my head that the longer the game goes and bif is alive, the more likely it is that bif is scum.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Monathin posted:

I am keeping the thought in my head that the longer the game goes and bif is alive, the more likely it is that bif is scum.

The same is true for Yami (now Wind).

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
And Hal. That may be a terrible metric this game, tbh.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am actually not getting great vibes from toal. Toal is kind of wishy-washy on me in a way that doesn't feel legit. I've definitely agreed with people I think are scum before but I feel like I'm swinging back and forth on toal p much constantly.

I also obviously don't like shwinn. A lot of their broad declarations feel like discount b- "I'm not going to explain" which is admittedly always something I'm gonna scum lean on because if you have a reputation for never explaining poo poo it's so easy to get away with being 'towny' as scum by just saying poo poo and never getting pressed on it.

wologar posted:

true enough. though speaking of yami/wind. wolo, were you joshing about the lurker gun autofire or not? because that sure seemed legitimate but it doesn't seem to have fired.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Monathin posted:

true enough. though speaking of yami/wind. wolo, were you joshing about the lurker gun autofire or not? because that sure seemed legitimate but it doesn't seem to have fired.

It was something I wrote to encourage people to post. However, Plastic's top-poster vig makes me think that the lurker vig could be real!

I half-expected that scum would play along and "lurker vig" as the nk but the fact that they didn't and shot binus instead shows that there is no joy left in their hearts. Or they are lurkers.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Going through Cloaca's posts, here's what stands out to me.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Yeah, I should probably ##unvote, my wol vote wasn't exactly serious. Although he did decide I was effortposting scum after reading a single post of mine, which I am quite salty about! Train your seal-reading skills, wol, they still need some work.

Binus is binussing, I'm still paranoid about him straying from the usual "Im town". There's a lot of people townreading him just from this too.

Mona is kind of a null read for me. I agree with them that Toal needs to explain her Maerlyn vote, because I really dislike that "I am casting my vote, but will not explain why!" thing.

Before anybody asks "Who scum, Cloaca?", currently no big reads, some scrumptious scumpings from Yami for distracting us with Pokémon talk and Toal for that votestuff. Would currently vote either of them.

This is her first real content post and her capitulating to my characterization of pressure on wologar that a bunch of other people thought was weak is pinging me, but apart from that it seems like standard D1 crapshoot stuff. I do want to point out this post, however:

Cloacamazing! posted:

Does that mean we're not getting an explanation on the Maerlyn vote now?

That's twice that Cloaca pushes Toal to talk about their "case" on Maerlyn, yet when Toal posts their "haha there was no case all along i was just experimenting" thing Cloaca appears to ignore it. Potentially not scummy, but I do find it strange.

Later in the day she has good thoughts on the wolo case from Keane - well-explained, logical, evidence of actual thought going on. Then she hops onto Maerlyn before the swerve onto Anarc EoD, which is the scummiest thing she does by far - she says "seems like a better case," but until that post she hadn't mentioned Anarc once. Could be scum making a slight mistake after trying to process a wild EoD.

So results are null leaning scum. I'd definitely vote Cloaca at this point but I want to go through Plastic before I make a conclusion.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Now for Plastic.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Cause I have one for the highest post count so it would be really funny if we could mexican standoff each other.

Somehow I totally missed this claim and it's confusing the poo poo out of me. But Plastic has seemed town to me for a large part of the game and the claim is ultimately a null tell. Specifically, this series of posts. (First one is replying to wolo, second to binus)

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Nah I don't think you're scum. I also don't think Yami's scum.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

What changed your mind on Yami?

Questioning another player no longer being willing to vote someone you personally think is town is, imo, town behavior.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

To be honest that swerve off of Anarc is still way more suspicious. It's very telling that things were kinda split evenly between Maerlyn and Keane till Anarc was in the spotlight, then BAM. An incredibly hasty swerve back to Keane to try and save him, including framing it as Salad VS Keane to force Salad onto the Keane train.

And then this logic, while I'm not sure if I agree with it, is at least unique and seems genuine enough. (though anarc uses they/them pronouns)

At this point I'm gonna ##vote Cloaca cause her vote on Anarc is worse and she has done overall scummier things than Plastic.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Monathin posted:

I also obviously don't like shwinn. A lot of their broad declarations feel like discount b- "I'm not going to explain" which is admittedly always something I'm gonna scum lean on because if you have a reputation for never explaining poo poo it's so easy to get away with being 'towny' as scum by just saying poo poo and never getting pressed on it.

This is legit, and b-'s approach has irked me in the past, so I can very much empathize. At the same time, I would strongly disagree that what I am doing is similar to b- play, in that I do not do "steadfastly refuse to explain reads" thing that b- does.

If I make a read without much explanation, and am pressed to say why I made that read, I will at least say "i dunno" or "vibes" or similar.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

(I often self-consciously do not have an explanation for my actions, or play based on vibes, whereas binus literally won't even acknowledge questions directed at him asking him to explain his reads. I suppose this might be six of one/half a dozen of the other to you, but I consider it qualitatively different)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

i'd vote mona and wind but not salad

Is it stuff around the claim with salad that makes them seem alright? Because I feel like the posts are… not alright.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ha, well I just read salads cloaca case and I like the work there, perhaps I was wrong

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

shwinnebego posted:

so does keane's death herald the end of bif's fartposting

Yeah, I already wasn't sure if I could keep it up past D1. He really wrote a fun message to humor my request for voluntary alignment change, though. It was framed as a new wincon to post 3 fart jokes or puns per game day.

Toalpaz posted:

wow pretend i quoted exactly this but came to the exact opposite conclusion, i think this looks incredibly bad

I'm also confused at Salad's conclusions here, yeah. Again. I want to believe he's town for that claim and that shameless "retraction" that just feels too fun to be scum but I'm keeping an eye on him.

Since this is from a while back I better explain more how I disagree, but wait till I get this post down first so I can follow my own link here

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I agree with this. Esp clo and plastic.

For Clo, they said "seems like a better case" but there was no actual case made against me at that time. Seems like scum trying to justify flipping their vote

Ok I agree with this reasoning here on Cloaca. AN still isn't flipped but calling it "a better case" makes little sense to me. I made a brief D1-level argument for why I thought AN was the best vote at one point, but it really didn't have much to it and no one else had much to add beyond vague "yeah I guess" kinda vibes about AN. My point I'd made about Hal was way better, and if anyone thought I had a point on AN before, the Hal case really flowed on from observing AN and could still allow for looking at AN next.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hey y'all just letting you know I'm about to go to sleep and I'm not going to be around basically all day tomorrow. I have a work thing. But I promise I'll check in if I can, and I'll be around tomorrow evening.

Here are some snacks to hold you over
:burger: :taco: :shroom:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DIBS ON THE TACO

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So here's the Salad post Toal was griping about (and I also didn't think made much sense)

saladscooper posted:

Just skimmed the end of the day again, I think the scummiest looking people in that whole mess are wolo, Cloaca, and Plastic. Notably, Cloaca and Plastic show up for the swerve onto Anarc but don't swerve back onto Keane.

I don't really follow why swerving to ANarc but not Keane is supposed to indicate anything about anybody. Like if ANarc is scum, then that would be hella town to stay put! But if not, then it didn't really matter to scum whether AN or Keane got lunched.

But I do agree with Cloaca being scummy. Just for the justification given though, rather than any swerve activity.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Ha, well I just read salads cloaca case and I like the work there, perhaps I was wrong

Hal agreeing here is a bit worrying though. I'm prolly gonna have a hard time paying attention to anything else until Hal dies.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

shwinnebego posted:

(I often self-consciously do not have an explanation for my actions, or play based on vibes, whereas binus literally won't even acknowledge questions directed at him asking him to explain his reads. I suppose this might be six of one/half a dozen of the other to you, but I consider it qualitatively different)

Just wanna say I totally get you here and agree with your self assessment

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Hal agreeing here is a bit worrying though. I'm prolly gonna have a hard time paying attention to anything else until Hal dies.

drat it bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

wologar posted:

wologar posted:

And Hal. That may be a terrible metric this game, tbh.

Heh well can we go in reverse order here at least

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I know you’ve posted this before but what’s your case on Hal?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

shwinnebego posted:

I know you’ve posted this before but what’s your case on Hal?

I just finished lunch but if you check my posts it should be just a few back. Quick summary though, AN and Hal were my main D1 vibe reads already based on everyone else feeling like they could be town and them not giving me as much of a relaxed feeling there like it could easily be true. Then while I was sitting there on AN as the better option of the two, Hal comes in with a defense AN that I'm not saying was a strong defense or anything, just a fake sounding one.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Gotcha. I’ll have to read back Hal later to come to my own conclusion but that’ll serve as a good comparison point.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

shwinnebego posted:

Maerlyn, you are among my towniest reads right now

Who do you think is scum?

which cases so far actually resonate with you, which seem meh/flimsy/weak, and which feel outright contrived

I did look back at binus' posts because scum killing binus seems incredibly weird, unless he was on the right track and scum were scared. I just don't really see scum bothering to kill binus if he was barking up the wrong tree. I'm interested in pulilng threads like this:

b-minus1 posted:

Keane hal and yami are my top scum reads. If you all want to vote yami I will gladly throw down a vote

b-minus1 posted:

And we are definitely not letting wind live longer than a few days. Wind you may as well claim now imho

I am still feeling Wind as scum because Toal made a good post here about Wind entering the game and her reads not evolving:

Toalpaz posted:

Here's something that has me feeling bad about yami + yami replacement

to have a d1 replacement hop immediately onto yami's read....

idk... kinda feels like this:

a town reader replacing a town role, they have to reevaluate the game and come up with their own conclusions.

a scum reader replacing a scum role, they have a limited area to make moves and push in (their scum mates aren't IDEAL pushes d1) and they're mostly interested in not rocking the boat.

i think settling back down on mae given that she was at -7 at the time 12-24 hours from deadline means that wind is scums but idk. I don't want this to be keane's death knell post but I'm just going to say i'm open to turboing windward

Wind entering the game and seeing what Yami was thinking, sure...but if I'm town and replace town I don't think I default to the same reads as the person I'm replacing. Scum don't have the luxury of just throwing caution to the wind and coming up with some new take, there's a cautious vibe to it. I want to read more of Wind's posts after she joined the game and how deadline went down again too.

There's another point I want to bring up but I need to see if I missed any other posts from Wind before I mention it (if her visitor has announced themself yet).

So would vote Hal, Wind, gonna look at deadline and see what else sticks out.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Monathin posted:

I could see Bif killing binus (the ultimate ignore button).

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

shwinnebego posted:

wologar if you had a vig who would you shoot rn

wow ... bad response but that's totally null mafia coach territory. you should really shoot AN to get more info on eod tbqf.

Sorry I wish I could add more mine eyes are just glazing over reading thread. Thanks for bringing out my poast maer.

I can confirm i've made contact with another player for whomever it matters. I won't personally be elaborating.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Maerlyn posted:

I could also see Hal killing binus tbqh. Hal knows that an active binus is a huge threat to scum.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Since several people have brought my AN vote up, I agree with the case put forth by Illu here

Illusionis posted:

AN is my highest scum pick for now, not scumhunting, posting fluff, also their vote still being this, with that reason is really suspicious to me.

And lot of people, including my stronger town reads, had been telling me my case on Maer was a bad one right before, so I wanted to move my vote.

b-minus1 posted:

Maerlyn is confirmed town

shwinnebego posted:

Maerlyn is town you fools

Keane is better but maybe not the best

My general case on them would be that they haven't posted much of substance. The train on them built very fast and met with little resistance though, which speaks more in favor of them being town. The most opposition before AN appeared in the thread was this post by Wind

WindwardAway posted:

Lol
I'm kind of worried by the wagon shift but I don't think I'm informed enough to call it a bad sign
Not sure on the exact timing though, I haven't backread what's happened since I last checked in, and thread was pretty quiet up to that point

Which seems like a legitimate concern most of us who later switched to Keane probably shared. Of course if AN were to flip scum, this move would be pretty damning for Wind.

Current AN situation, I still feel that if there was scum anywhere in the Keane/Maer/AN/salad group, it would be most likely with them.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

wologar posted:

I didn't want to say this EoD because I read Maer as town and didn't want to put even more attention on her, but her dejected posts made me uncomfortable. You can always sub if you don't feel like playing anymore, Maer!

Aww, don't worry about me, I just wanted to play in an HCT game and then I'm going to take a mafia break for a bit :) Work garbage/seasonal depression is kicking my butt.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

A couple things from Wind today that look scummy to me:

WindwardAway posted:

And third, I know I was visited last night, and I'll leave it up to my visitor whether they care to claim or not.

I don't know the purpose of this post other than trying to get someone to potentially out themselves as having a power role. You seemingly weren't harmed, saying the person could "claim or not" feels manipulative, what is there to gain from someone admitting why they visited you other than announcing potentially who is an investigative or protective role, etc?

I guess knowing I was visited (besides by salad) doesn't really mean anything, other than that person wouldn't have been able to do the NK. If only it had been wolo bringing delicious coconut gelato but alas :(

Also this post with slight setup spec:

WindwardAway posted:

The thing is that I could totally buy binus as a night kill target if he got rolecopped because he delegates backups
That would imply scum has a daytime rolecop, though, and I was really hoping I wouldn't see another one of those any time soon

I don't like it, kind of like an attempt to explain why binus was NKed besides just your good ol "he was on the right track".

##vote Wind

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

shwinnebego posted:

if windward was asleep around deadline then nevermind, but assuming she was around i don't like that she voted maerlyn and just stayed on maerlyn

I was out at a concert lol, I wasn't asleep but I also wasn't really here

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Maerlyn posted:

I don't know the purpose of this post other than trying to get someone to potentially out themselves as having a power role. You seemingly weren't harmed, saying the person could "claim or not" feels manipulative, what is there to gain from someone admitting why they visited you other than announcing potentially who is an investigative or protective role, etc?

I guess knowing I was visited (besides by salad) doesn't really mean anything, other than that person wouldn't have been able to do the NK. If only it had been wolo bringing delicious coconut gelato but alas :(

Also this post with slight setup spec:

I don't like it, kind of like an attempt to explain why binus was NKed besides just your good ol "he was on the right track".

##vote Wind

It was neither an investigative nor a protective who visited me
I would've kept quiet if it were either of those but instead I got a cryptic message from someone.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Maerlyn posted:

I did look back at binus' posts because scum killing binus seems incredibly weird, unless he was on the right track and scum were scared. I just don't really see scum bothering to kill binus if he was barking up the wrong tree. I'm interested in pulilng threads like this:

I am still feeling Wind as scum because Toal made a good post here about Wind entering the game and her reads not evolving:

Wind entering the game and seeing what Yami was thinking, sure...but if I'm town and replace town I don't think I default to the same reads as the person I'm replacing. Scum don't have the luxury of just throwing caution to the wind and coming up with some new take, there's a cautious vibe to it. I want to read more of Wind's posts after she joined the game and how deadline went down again too.

There's another point I want to bring up but I need to see if I missed any other posts from Wind before I mention it (if her visitor has announced themself yet).

I didn't default to the same reads, though. I wanted a pointer on where to look since I subbed in in the middle of the day, but then later decided to just read the thread as a whole instead.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

[quote="

Maerlyn posted:

lmao

Maerlyn" post="528197953"]I am still feeling Wind as scum because Toal made a good post here about Wind entering the game and her reads not evolving:

[/quote]

Hm, this and your other post make some fair points. I was thinking Yami sounded legit in how he was annoyed at you focusing on him early, but he's pretty good at sounding indignant when he's scum too. Or it might've just been all the rl frustration seeping in regardless of alignment.

I'm still hoping Hal can get over the line here but I'll at least consider Wind as an option today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

maf edit, had to lmao so hard it broke the quote block

Maerlyn posted:

Hm, this and your other post make some fair points. I was thinking Yami sounded legit in how he was annoyed at you focusing on him early, but he's pretty good at sounding indignant when he's scum too. Or it might've just been all the rl frustration seeping in regardless of alignment.

I'm still hoping Hal can get over the line here but I'll at least consider Wind as an option today.
[/quote]

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I’d kill wind and then strongly look at bif

Bif is being extremely nice to me in this game which, while pleasant, is sketching me out alignment wise lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

I’d kill wind and then strongly look at bif

Bif is being extremely nice to me in this game which, while pleasant, is sketching me out alignment wise lol

I would happily trade places!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

I could also see Hal killing binus tbqh. Hal knows that an active binus is a huge threat to scum.

Absolutely not, that would go against everything I believe in when I am scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

Can you explain this a bit more? I am trying to parse what the two sentences here are saying. I get the first part, it is a little odd to publicly announce that although it is also good to get that info out in case you are killed as it provides another data point late in the game. But what are you saying with the second bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am looking back to see the cases on Windward, and unless they were on D1 I don't really see anything outside of Maer's couple of posts. Wolo's vote came out of nowhere as far as I can see, and then they say they would vig bif if they had a vig which seems a bit weird but eh. Toal's vote came with just a quote of Windward's last post but I can interpret what they mean at least.

Is it just that windward seems less helpful than usual?