Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

Could also be that all the potential vote leaders (keane, maerlyn, anarc, and me) were not-scum, and therefore the target of the swerve didn't actually matter

Yeah that's definitely a possibility. Even in that case though, scum's job wouldn't be to keep things off a particular person, it'd be to look like they're still engaged and pretend they give a poo poo. So I think it's just background noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Yeah I'm finally caught up to this game, yes in masonry w Toal.

That swing building up so fast on AN makes me lean towards them being town, being used to save Maer. The votes that look worst from that swing timing to me are Plastic, Wol and Cloaca.

Wolo's a bit all over the place with a lot of shitposting, but I don't have a strong scum ping other than the vote here, but if I Maer flips scum I'm looking quite hard at Wolo after.

Cloaca's kind of the same, no other strong scum pings, but the progression from Maer to AN and then back on to Keane makes me think this could have been a bus turned save once it seemed viable in the chaos.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Plastic arrives out of nowhere for the swerve, perhaps pinged in scum chat? Then makes a vote that reads overly self-conscious.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Eff it. To look like scum and overexplain my vote, that weird post saying how they'd vote Keane and then never getting around to it.

##vote: Anarc

Then today there's this, as pointed out by her, she had actually discussed Keane well before the vote so that's just blatantly false. If I had been trying to get a lunch on you instead of AN my vote would have been on you also there wasn't much need to do other pushing on AN since the votes picked almost immediately after those posts I made, here too Plastic is misrepresenting things that happened.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

This is kinda hilarious because Cloaca has not cased Keane at all.

Also bothering me: Illusionis repeatedly posts that AN is their top scum read through the early parts of the day. However, as we get to the last bit of the day, he starts trying to bring up the lurker lunch on me instead of pushing for his actual scum read.

I feel we were right here, and need to take a firm look at the people who bandwagoned last minute to save him. Illusionis was scum distancing, Monathin lead the charge to swerve. Cloaca and Mona both look real loving bad here.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

..Also guess I should clarify. I think Illusionis is also scum distancing from Anarc as they pushed and pushed but when time came to get rid of Anarc, they started desperately trying to float alternatives.

As he is here too, me mentioning you, but keeping my vote on AN and indicating who of the current vote leaders I would vote. Then voting on Keane to avoid a nolunch with less than 10 minutes before deadline is hardly desperately trying to get alternatives to AN. In other words Plastics posting bull and is scum ##vote PlasticAutomaton

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ugh imma just go to sleep again and wait for y'all to hopefully lunch Hal instead

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
On Maer and Wind. Wind mostly engaging in mechanical chat today and hardly casing at all is unusual for her and kinda suspicious. However Maer bringing this up push Wind seems strange, Binus hardly gets people following his pushes, him getting killed for his stated reads seems a bit far fetched. Other than another post pushing Wind who's already under a lot of heat today Maer is all mech spec and jokes for today, seems to be playing it safe, barely mentioning anybody else, highly suspicious.

Maerlyn posted:

I did look back at binus' posts because scum killing binus seems incredibly weird, unless he was on the right track and scum were scared. I just don't really see scum bothering to kill binus if he was barking up the wrong tree. I'm interested in pulilng threads like this:

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

wologar posted:

I'm speculating. I have reason to think I got "mod shitposting: the role" and be wary that there appear to be exactly two of them.

But the mod shitposting is definitely not from my role.
And I'm *extremely* suspicious that whoever sent the messages to me is scum trying to make *me* look suspicious.
I don't see why a messenger would keep quiet about messages — even a scum messenger — because it's a provable action and very likely clears whoever it is from killing binus.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Toal I've cooled on my initial suspicions about confusing posting and I'm pretty much null on her for now, but this post did ping me some. We're playing a high power role game, there's more than likely all sorts of visiting roles around and some useful town power is quite guaranteed so I don't quite get the conclusion here that this outs anything really. Also since Salad's claimed power also triggers if claimed vanilla Maer were to do actions I don't see how this is a useless data point to have once more night action information is revealed as the game progresses.

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I don't think you get anything meaningful out of targeting a claimed vanilla. Someone visits them and then what? You've confirmed someone has done something non lethal to a vanilla role. Realistically you out the presence of a town doctor, jailer, tracker, watcher, body guard.

I don't know I don't buy it being very useful.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
And now I'm heading to bed since it's very late here. I'm going to look at more people tomorrow.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sooo do you think Maerlyn is scum, Illusionis? Cause that seems to be the core of your entire thesis there, but you're kinda dancing around that.(I also feel like it's kind of bullshit because not even Maer was defending herself, which is something you'd think she'd be doing if scum was interfering to save her.) And you don't think the even more sudden swerve off of Anarc back to Keane is even more suspicious?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think clo is scum. Everything she says seems absolutely contrived, like "oh look at me I'm making conversations and reads". It feels made up bc her one big from D1, maer, completely dropped off with no comment once other people started saying maer was towny to them.

Jumped on the vote on me with no reason.

Jumped to the keane vote with no reason.

Her case on wind is based almost entirely on meta, and again, it just seems contrived. "There are a bunch of votes on wind, let me come up with some words to explain why I'm jumping on this bandwagon"

Idk it just feels scummy to me.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wolo, what's your case on wind? From what I see, it's 1. She's not posting enough as per her meta, 2. Seems like her role is similar but opposite to yours

Is that the whole case?

Honestly I thought wolo was super town until this random wind push

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

let's kill one of ANarc and Windward today

If town, turbo cloaca tomorrow

deal?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

reason:

windward/yami has been hm?? this whole time, vibes etc, others have articulated cases that i think make sense

anarc cuz quorum-dodger

then both i think are fairly in opposition to cloaca

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Wolo, what's your case on wind? From what I see, it's 1. She's not posting enough as per her meta, 2. Seems like her role is similar but opposite to yours

Is that the whole case?

yehhhh i couldn't indepednently articulate a case on windward tbh now that i think about it i dont really remember why i voted her

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

another option is to listen to bif and dunk hal and then if hal flips town dunk bif

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

although bif's case on hal is such that him flipping town wouldn't say much about bif's alignment on second look

meh

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

fuckit ##vote anarc

top of my list of reads from before, involved in a lotta dynamics rn, gonna park there til persuaded otherwise

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

I think clo is scum. Everything she says seems absolutely contrived, like "oh look at me I'm making conversations and reads". It feels made up bc her one big from D1, maer, completely dropped off with no comment once other people started saying maer was towny to them.

Jumped on the vote on me with no reason.

Jumped to the keane vote with no reason.

Her case on wind is based almost entirely on meta, and again, it just seems contrived. "There are a bunch of votes on wind, let me come up with some words to explain why I'm jumping on this bandwagon"

Idk it just feels scummy to me.

Do I think we should do cloaca over wind

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

U, loving gkeyboard auto correct. I can't even write ill without it becoming I'll.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

you think anarc is town?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

shwinnebego posted:

I think salad is sus

wow i'm all over the fuckin place i don't recall thinking salad was sus at all yet here i am

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
The "big case" on me yesterday was that I was shitposting and not trying. No one even said I was scummy.

I think scum is pushing a narrative of focusing on me to keep the votes off them.

Also, I'm not crazy about the votes on wind. How do they have 5 votes already? Scum is definitely on that vote.

Just reread the first 3. Unsure about wolo's case (hence my earlier post) but feeling OK about toal and maer. Their logic follows in their posts at least in my brain.

Haven't reread schwinn yet but they just straight up said they don't know why they're voting wind. Already gave my case on clo.

I'm curious for the people who still wanna lunch me - what information do you think you can get from it? If I'm town, does that mean maer is scum, since it was a veer away from her? I don't think that would necessarily be true.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Pretty sure the bulk of the case on me is that I've been lurky
Which, while true, is not indicative of my scum game
It's not indicative of anything except that I've invested very little time into this game so far, lol, and that I'll take the blame for.

I'm OK with where my vote is, I think Maer's posts look a bit better today than yesterday but I'm not jumping to clear her like I see a lot of you doing. I prefer voting Hal currently, as I said. I fundamentally disagree with his scum case on salad and I also think he's been trying to posture around me today by not scumreading me like everyone else, which is weird and pockety. And i have a big, fat null on ANarc so I can't say I'm inclined to vote there for any particular reason.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

I keep giving the end of day wagonomics another look, but my thoughts are just sort of all over the place and not really sticking together cohesively. I think arguments can be made in pretty much any direction since the evidence is inconclusive so far, and I've talked myself in circles.

Like just because I don't have a strong impression of ANarc, I think I'd still prefer to lunch Maer before them, but I'm not really prioritizing either of them today, and usually i get the opposite feeling when there's wagon turbulence.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I don't feel like looking for the exact posts to quote, but for the people who are saying I was framing the vote as salad vs keane, that's incorrect. What happened was that salad was the one who started the swerve on to me.

I said I was squinting at salad and also keane bc the vote was split btwn him and maer when the swerve started.

I voted salad. Someone else voted keane.
I was saying I don't care which one of them we vote but we should pick one (so we don't split the vote)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

AN if you're sounding more townie does that mean you're actually scum

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hmmmmmm

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:allears:

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Bif on a scale of 1-5 how confident are you that Hal is scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

shwinnebego posted:

Bif on a scale of 1-5 how confident are you that Hal is scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Let’s just dunk Hal and then if he’s town dunk bif ##vote hal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah!!

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That is a terrible plan

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Is that the whole case?

Bullet points:

- I was pinged by Yami D1.
- Wind has been content lurking.
- Wind decided to follow Yami's reads (why?) instead of her own.
- Wind offered no resistance on her push.

It's bulletproof.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

i can feel our 3 spectators groaning and moaning about apathy town already

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Time for whatever this is:

Lean scum:
Wind, Cloaca, Bif

Could go either way:
salad, Mona, Hal, Illu, Toal, ANarc

Lean town:
Plastic, shwinn, Maer

[each block is ordered from scummier to townier]

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

wologar posted:

Bullet points:

- I was pinged by Yami D1.
- Wind decided to follow Yami's reads (why?) instead of her own.
- Wind offered no resistance on her push.

It's bulletproof.

yeah i'm also not feeling any of the other candidates and this is a good sum up.

ultimately, i have to assume the apathetic response is that scum don't want to go out on a limb to defend wind when there's no will to survive there. They're hoping people get bored and vote someone else.

i think an AN vote here would be fairly high info but, i haven't seen anybody accuse people convincingly of being scum defending AN.

i think an AN execution would need to be supplemented with lists of people who we would definitely have an idea of the alignments of after an AN flip.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

yeah i'm also not feeling any of the other candidates and this is a good sum up.

ultimately, i have to assume the apathetic response is that scum don't want to go out on a limb to defend wind when there's no will to survive there. They're hoping people get bored and vote someone else.

i think an AN vote here would be fairly high info but, i haven't seen anybody accuse people convincingly of being scum defending AN.

i think an AN execution would need to be supplemented with lists of people who we would definitely have an idea of the alignments of after an AN flip.

because AN flip should be predicated around understanding the swerve back onto keane.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wologar posted:

Time for whatever this is:

Lean scum:
Wind, Cloaca, Bif

Could go either way:
salad, Mona, Hal, Illu, Toal, ANarc

Lean town:
Plastic, shwinn, Maer

[each block is ordered from scummier to townier]

Feeling better about wolo since apart from not thinking Hal's a great lunch, these reads line up well with my own (plus extra credit for being paranoid about me)

Would also rate Toal a bit higher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

yup, i'm very town. go me. I'm next on the Kyll Lyst *said extremely*