Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Epistaxis as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Pretty disgusting seeing a journalist engage in barely disguised transphobia just days after a trans mass shooting in America.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Epistaxis as well
I heard people can get that by lurking around the toilets with their phone camera out.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

I heard people can get that by lurking around the toilets with their phone camera out.

Same for gunshot wounds.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

lemonadesweetheart posted:

The comments are disgraceful.
Effect.

Marenghi posted:

Pretty disgusting seeing a journalist engage in barely disguised transphobia just days after a trans mass shooting in America.
Cause.

Entirely intentional from Philip. The only question here is how he thought this would make Fine Gael look good.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1597595873739173888

Is mehole on the eggnog this morning. Can't figure out what he thought this zinger about sinn Fein direct action bailout of the bank's meant.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Does he think "bailing out" is a kind of robbery? What in the world... These lads need to stop watching UK Parliament and thinking they can inject that kind of mad bants into their dull shitery

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They absolutely could do it if they were poo poo-tier Twitter posters, but they're not even close to that good at reading a vibe and landing a burn.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Failed Imagineer posted:

Does he think "bailing out" is a kind of robbery?

It was a robbery of the citizens.

JockstrapManthrust
Apr 30, 2013

Marenghi posted:

Is mehole on the eggnog this morning. Can't figure out what he thought this zinger about sinn Fein direct action bailout of the bank's meant.

Could be a craply worded reference to the Northern Bank robbery back in 2004.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Marenghi posted:

it doesn't matter what the actual subject is, the purpose of this statement is to equate SF with criminality and "the bad old days".

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Marenghi posted:

It was a robbery of the citizens.

Well yeah, but the metaphor is still bad and wrong

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Ireland being run by as a criminal enterprise is par for the course with these gobshites, so of course that kind of jibe makes sense in his head.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Imagine voting for a political party in Ireland who's past members killed people. Could you imagine that?? Criminality, in MY Civil War party?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I occasionally enjoy asking people to explain which IRA is the bad IRA and why bombing children is worse than sniping children.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Even if you read it as the deepest possible dig, I'm not sure that "you rob banks to buy favour from the community, we rob the community to buy favour from banks" is quite the anti-SF burn that he imagined it was in his head.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It feels very "you millenial leftists may reflect upon your woke sky" in that it makes little sense if you think about it but presumably sounds good to people who just want to scream buzz words at their opponents.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Shoehead posted:

Imagine voting for a political party in Ireland who's past members killed people. Could you imagine that?? Criminality, in MY Civil War party?

Shocking really. Now as a journalist and FG member I'd like to say how much I admire our first party leader Michael Collins and all that he's done.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Marenghi posted:

Shocking really. Now as a journalist and FG member I'd like to say how much I admire our first party leader Michael Collins and all that he's done.
:magical:

How did you get it so perfect?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Southpaugh posted:

it doesn't matter what the actual subject is, the purpose of this statement is to equate SF with criminality and "the bad old days".

Just comes off to me as making SF sound a lot cooler.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
95% of my political beliefs are formed when someone who I am already suspicious of tells me that something is bad and scary and I go look at it and it turns out that the thing they are telling me about is actually rad and good. A huge portion of the world is just not prepared for people to do a cursory fact check of their wild assertions.

This portion includes all of FFFGG.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
They definitely rely on people not fact checking. News media espeically. People will read articles that a pro gov or anti opposition and believe it whole heartedly. Where if they just googled the journalist writing it they'd see they're married to a gov TD, or were an activist and member of the party during their youth.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
https://twitter.com/KevDoyle_Indo/status/1598652590404915201

The SCC is a kangaroo court. It should be abolished.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
'What part of "Criminal" Court do you not understand?'

Takes drag out of cigar, sentences weed farmer to multiple life sentences while doing a kick flip.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
https://twitter.com/fyefyefyefye/status/1599522354144497665

For a second I thought this was related to the Leo discourse. Impressed how quickly the reddit mods got onto killing any discussion of it in the interests of personal privacy, when they've happily let threads prying into Mary Lou's private life with regards to her husband and how they bought their house.

Also I didn't like how the far-right were trying to exploit it as part of a gay panic, but it seemed like the people defending it were being a bit casually homophobic. "It's fine actually he's in an open relationship as is the custom of the gays".

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It has given me the gift I love most from Twitter: the ability to report someone I hate for attacking someone else I hate in a way that violates the rules and will likely get them banned.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
I wish there was a way for Leo to be banned from the office of Taoiseach before the handover. The worst Christmas present is getting that guy back in office.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's just the Ghost of Austerity Past and/or Yet To Come. Nothing to worry about, happens every year.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Immigration is so out of control in this country. They really let anyone in. Like, just yesterday, they even granted citizenship to this goon. :toot:

Time to upgrade my voting registry from local/EU to full access.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Nice, congrats dude, fáilte romhat

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Welcome to Ireland you filthy paddy, uachtar reoite agus níl fhios agam.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

uachtar reoite agus níl fhios agam.

I remember when my Nan used to beckon me closer and whisper that to me, before we stuck her in that home :3:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Thanks folks, after 20 years here, it was a bit overdue tbf. Now if the Greens take over the country by one vote in Galway West next election, you can officially blame me.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

FishMcCool posted:

Thanks folks, after 20 years here, it was a bit overdue tbf. Now if the Greens take over the country by one vote in Galway West next election, you can officially blame me.

:( The Greens loving suck.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Well, it's not like they're not going to gain much ground in the near future if ever, so you can sleep peacefully.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

FishMcCool posted:

Well, it's not like they're not going to gain much ground in the near future if ever, so you can sleep peacefully.

They're propping up a lovely government right now.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Faulty Romhack FishMcCool.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:( The Greens loving suck.

This. If you want to go green, vote red

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
The real future is Aontú, the political equivalent of holding your breath till you get your way. With 2 members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

PowerBeard posted:

The real future is Aontú, the political equivalent of holding your breath till you get your way. With 2 members.
That's a 100% increase!