Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I have a stomach ulcer and it sucks buttholes. Down ten lbs since Thanksgiving, constant fatigue and nausea, eating 800 calories a day, and a weird head pressure to boot. I’ve got the standard Prilosec meds but it’s a slow go so far.

Anyone ever had one? How long did healing take? Was it also a full body experience? Lord.

Edit: I did go to a doctor and the ulcer was her diagnosis.

Brrrmph fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Brrrmph posted:

I have a stomach ulcer and it sucks buttholes. Down ten lbs since Thanksgiving, constant fatigue and nausea, eating 800 calories a day, and a weird head pressure to boot. I’ve got the standard Prilosec meds but it’s a slow go so far.

Anyone ever had one? How long did healing take? Was it also a full body experience? Lord.

you should go to a doctor

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Go to doctor, get carafate.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Also get used to plain oatmeal bud.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Last time I had a flare up, it was a good 6 months of discomfort, good luck.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Buce posted:

you should go to a doctor

Balls. I should have said I did go to a doctor and this was her diagnosis, not mine.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

Last time I had a flare up, it was a good 6 months of discomfort, good luck.

:smith:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I almost certainly had one in high school. Worst shooting abdominal pain I've ever felt, and I was bedridden for weeks.

One thing that seemed to help was raising the head side of my bed. I think tilting your rest position like that keeps stomach acid from washing over the ulcer.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I manged to give myself one by taking too much ibuprofen because hey, my guts hurt. Better take more PK's. Now it hurts more. Need more pills.

Stopping doing that worked to end it. I'm not very smart.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

The Butcher posted:

I manged to give myself one by taking too much ibuprofen because hey, my guts hurt. Better take more PK's. Now it hurts more. Need more pills.

Pretty sure that’s how I got mine. Ibuprofen for migraines in reasonably large doses following years of being a fat guy.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Yeah, you gotta cut back on ibuprofen for sure. Recommend :420: for migraines if you can (helps mine) while it heals, you do NOT want to gently caress around if you want it to heal quickly. I was living like a monk for 6 months while mine healed, and I still didn't drink alcohol again for another 6 months.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Just drink nothing but tabasco sauce for a week, that'll cure what ails ya

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
congrats on the weight loss op

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
they say that milk doesn’t really help but drinking almond milk weirdly makes my heartburn feel better 🤷‍♂️

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Seconding using pillows to elevate your head. Had to buy a recliner help as well. Hope your recovery goes well.

Also, gently caress cabbages. Pieces of shits.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
start doing cardio on an empty stomach

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah you need a vinegar cleanse

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Strongly recommend anything with lots of citric acid. Drink straight lemon or lime juice.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Had stomach ulcers when I was in my 20s that the doctor said was from all the drinking it kinda sucked but not enough to convince me to stop drinking like it probably should have I took the medicine they gave me and drank less on an empty stomach for a while and got better though

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Never had one op. Maybe try some good clean living according to the path set forth by our LORD and savior Jesus Christ.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Never had one op. Maybe try some good clean living according to the path set forth by our LORD and savior Jesus Christ.

THIS!!!

Also try

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm on the jesus diet. *takes big swig of wine from dasani bottle*

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Smugworth posted:

THIS!!!

Also try

(But less pink)

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Go to a gastroenterologist and get your endoscopy done so they can biopsy and make sure it's not a bacterial infection. Assuming that it's not, you probably have chronic GERD and should take a prescribed-long course of Prilosec or the like. You might also look into polyvagal theory and breathing exercises, since chronic stress can impact your breathing and cause your stomach acid to slosh the bottom of your esophagus, leading to chronic inflammation. See a therapist if you have chronic anxiety too.

That's what worked for me anyway.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

IIRC the majority of stomach ulcers are caused by helicobacter infections and you need to take a shitload of different antibiotics to get rid of them. Get a gastroscopy op

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Go to a gastroenterologist and get your endoscopy done so they can biopsy and make sure it's not a bacterial infection. Assuming that it's not, you probably have chronic GERD and should take a prescribed-long course of Prilosec or the like. You might also look into polyvagal theory and breathing exercises, since chronic stress can impact your breathing and cause your stomach acid to slosh the bottom of your esophagus, leading to chronic inflammation. See a therapist if you have chronic anxiety too.

Good advice. Thanks!

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

GABA ghoul posted:

IIRC the majority of stomach ulcers are caused by helicobacter infections and you need to take a shitload of different antibiotics to get rid of them. Get a gastroscopy op

Will do

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

The Butcher posted:

Ibuprofen is a great way to get a duodenal ulcer. Mine eventually hemorrhaged and I bled out. Now I have a bunch of clips and a lifetime script for Protonix.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
does this mean you arent taking huge satisfying shits on the daily OP???

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Most people GAIN weight after Thanksgiving. Consider yourself lucky!

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Chinatown posted:

does this mean you arent taking huge satisfying shits on the daily OP???

Not a lot of eating, so not a lot of huge shits

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Except for my posts

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
real actual advice: avoid whole grain bread and lay off the booze

voted 2

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

cover it in cum

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I woke up once and a bunch of stomach acid barfed out my insides and it felt like the tubing leading from my guts to my mouth was drenched in liquid flame, i was over the sink heaving and gasping for breath. poo poo sucked, had to take a tums!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Brrrmph posted:

Not a lot of eating, so not a lot of huge shits

hosed up!!!!

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

dee eight posted:

lay off the booze

Like seriously. Take it easy. loving poison.

Yesterdays Latte
Nov 14, 2021

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

Go to doctor, get carafate.

As someone with (hopefully temporary) gastroparesis and bile reflux due to a severe stomach infection at the beginning of the year, do this, OP. Ask for the liquid or brand-name pills; the generic for this one is complete dogshit. Protip: if you get stuck with the generic, dissolve the pills in water, they work better (but are still poo poo).

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Do this too, especially the bolded part. There's like 40 different things with identical symptoms and different treatments, and the only reason I figured out it was bile reflux in my case was process of elimination. My gastro was cool enough to give me cholestyramine when I asked to try it to see what happens and now I can eat like a normal person again (mostly).

kntfkr posted:

congrats on the weight loss op

also this, lost 30 pounds since May :v: Good way to learn to appreciate cooked veggies and chicken

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Thanks. I’ll see what I can do to get an appointment. What’s getting me is the headaches I get like 30 minutes after eating anything. It’s bothering me more than my stomach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
eat and drink chalk