Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Juando290 posted:

Late to the party…

Poetry :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I thought russia had super duper advanced AA

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Tai posted:

Yes, "had".

Now the cartel or warlord who bought them has a high-maintenance problem with no spare parts, and some Russian general has a very nice hunting lodge on his dacha.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Oh my god, Strelkov got scammed?

:allears:

i love how this weird monarchist ghouls dreams were all crushed. He was a true believer dipshit but he wanted to play the long game and slowly cut ukraine apart with proxy war and referendums and poo poo. Instead putin decides to pull a hitler and fucks up, kills his cause forever along with a gently caress ton of russian military. at best he ends up quietly working some desk job if putin survives. if not, he will die or get sold out to ukraine in some settlement.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tai posted:

Russian AA is very advanced. More advanced than you can imagine.

It's already learned that the only winning move is not to play.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Lol that Cato Institute guy literally retreated something from an account that follow Dmitry Medvedev on twitter

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

MettleRamiel posted:

My favourite quote on libertarians is how they are like a house cat in that they are vehemently convinced of their own fierce independence while their whole existence is entirely dependant on a system they both hate and cannot understand.

That's unfair to cats as they have redeeming qualities.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Willo567 posted:

Lol that Cato Institute guy literally retreated something from an account that follow Dmitry Medvedev on twitter

Good typo there, been looking at Russians too much

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Can you send care packages to Ukraine? It would be awesome if we had a couple guys that the forums could sponsor

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Tai posted:

Yeah we ALL thought that

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Der Kyhe posted:

Yes, "had".

Now the cartel or warlord who bought them has a high-maintenance problem with no spare parts, and some Russian general has a very nice hunting lodge on his dacha.

to be fair, some of them are probably sitting around more or less where they should be, manned by people who aren't really trained to use them or have no initiative and don't get the order to fire in time

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Tai posted:

Operated by these guys

https://twitter.com/bigSAC10/status/1600085431713931264

Carnafex
Sep 6, 2006
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

cr0y posted:

Can you send care packages to Ukraine? It would be awesome if we had a couple guys that the forums could sponsor

Donation thread is here, goons have been doing an awesome job so far :)
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994478&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

bratwurst massage
Jan 27, 2018

The sad thing is they demolished someones house to get this :-(

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Careful scrolling through this account, it posts some pretty unfiltered stuff.

Also, :allears:

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Karma Comedian posted:

Careful scrolling through this account, it posts some pretty unfiltered stuff.

Also, :allears:

Paul Rudd voice: Can I get a bigSAC?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

PinheadSlim posted:

Zelensky : Visits troops in active war zones

Poots : Dips his toe onto the furthest possible territory from the front for many seconds, possibly even minutes

Hahahahaha

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Lol that putin made the smallest effort to visit the war, and no one gives a poo poo. No one cares about his vanity project bridge, and he couldn't be bothered to visit the wounded in hospitals.

Absolute low energy morale.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:lol::lmao:

Pootie's face at the Kerch bridge is way more hosed up than usual, and I thought it was puffy chemo-face, but now I think he got cheek fillers

old Poots

new zesty Poot Poot

he may or may not be wearing eye liner to his fancy bridge party?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

god please help me posted:

Lol that putin made the smallest effort to visit the war, and no one gives a poo poo. No one cares about his vanity project bridge, and he couldn't be bothered to visit the wounded in hospitals.

Absolute low energy morale.

I'd say he has to stay close to the toilet in case he poops himself again, but if that was the case, surely he'd be visiting the troops closer to the front more since they've gotten some good ones.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Vampire Panties posted:

:lol::lmao:

Pootie's face at the Kerch bridge is way more hosed up than usual, and I thought it was puffy chemo-face, but now I think he got cheek fillers

old Poots

new zesty Poot Poot

he may or may not be wearing eye liner to his fancy bridge party?

extra heavy foundation and facial prosthetics to cover the fact that he is absolutely covered in his own poo poo at all times

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Doesn't he have a cadre of lookalikes? Is chipmunk poots one of them?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Borscht posted:

Doesn't he have a cadre of lookalikes? Is chipmunk poots one of them?

Its not officially recognized obviously, but there are rumors that he has 2-3 lookalikes to one step beyond the normal "fake motorcades" stuff everyone does.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
There is a gruesome as gently caress drone PoV of russians getting merced today. Watch where you click today!

naem
May 29, 2011

it would be a shame if the real putin fell out a window and someone puppeted his clones

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Tai posted:

There is a gruesome as gently caress drone PoV of russians getting merced today. Watch where you click today!

:stare::stare::stare:

them dudes fukken dead

No wonder the US MIC is going nuts on making 155m shells... this is the sort of accuracy/lethality they hoped to get from 100k$ AIM-9x missiles.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah drones have massively shifted how wars are done. These drones cost gently caress all too.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I havent seen the video, but the us has given ukraine some excaliburs, which is a gps guided 155 round accurste w/in something stupid like 3m.

Regular 155s are accurate to w/in 15-20m iirc. But the kill radius is roughly 50m so :v

Edit: these are rough numbers as i havent done a artillery in over a decade

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Tai posted:

Dude, there's a number of them every day. Is it MOD EDIT: content warning for gruesome description the guys that carry another and they get blown up by a direct hit, so that parts rain on a second group standing a couple of meters away?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 6, 2022

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

My Spirit Otter posted:

I havent seen the video, but the us has given ukraine some excaliburs, which is a gps guided 155 round accurste w/in something stupid like 3m.

Regular 155s are accurate to w/in 15-20m iirc. But the kill radius is roughly 50m so :v

Edit: these are rough numbers as i havent done a artillery in over a decade

The 15-20m --> 3m is the difference between destroying armored vehicles reliably vs. not.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Tai posted:

Yeah drones have massively shifted how wars are done. These drones cost gently caress all too.

The buzz of a drone is probably the most terrifying sound for most soldiers in this theater.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Vampire Panties posted:

:stare::stare::stare:

them dudes fukken dead

No wonder the US MIC is going nuts on making 155m shells... this is the sort of accuracy/lethality they hoped to get from 100k$ AIM-9x missiles.

Um, ACTUALLY, AIM-9 is short range Air to Air. Totally different problem set.

Yes I am a pedant.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Not being able to link the videos does not mean it's preferable to just describe the gruesome images instead

Please don't and if you think it's newsworthy (think carefully) then include content warnings.

Thank you

For content Chad Zelensky visiting the frontline vs Virgin Putin driving on a bridge
https://twitter.com/KyleWOrton/status/1600169481791119360?s=20&t=ik-dFgXkqIz_bEeUd8sxcQ

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Der Kyhe posted:

The 15-20m --> 3m is the difference between destroying armored vehicles reliably vs. not.

for real??

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

More or less; those vehicles aren't going to stick around to see if they get hit next time, so its first volley or lost target.

And depending on the vehicle, destroyed, disabled, out of combat anyway.

naem
May 29, 2011

Zwabu posted:

The buzz of a drone is probably the most terrifying sound for most soldiers in this theater.

blyatck mirror

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

E S C A L A T I O N

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1600183559880204293?t=Ikm-kejHbxG3QBH5uOVXWg&s=19

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I mean, the Russians have been willing to engage in diplomacy since the first week. It's just that their deal has always consisted of Ukraine crawling to them on their hands and knees. Has that changed, and if so by how much?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/MariaSlavaUA/status/1600068959180554240

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Ikasuhito posted:

I mean, the Russians have been willing to engage in diplomacy since the first week. It's just that their deal has always consisted of Ukraine crawling to them on their hands and knees. Has that changed, and if so by how much?

Most likely just a delay tactic to get their problem of "long-distance drones blowing up strategic bombers" to get sorted out. Those bombers are actually important to the Russian high command, and they have no idea how many drones Ukrainians have or can produce, with or without western assistance.

I think it has been said several times that as long as Putin is in the driver's seat no cease fire or peace is seriously on the table, because it only gives Russians time to resupply and sort out their logistics problems, and in few years or even months after stalling the negotiations to go at it again, peace treaty or not.