Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
There’s a cyborg goon among us, gotta grab the quote brb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

kender posted:

Really neat idea someone had in about 1992 - if someone suffers from chronic pain, they run two electrical leads up or down your spinal column, depending on where the pain is.

Each of the leads has about 5 places for current to flow through, and with their magic settings box, they set where the current goes through, how fast, what frequency, etc etc. Depending on the brand, you can futz with this a bit, to zero in on the pain.

When they do it first, they do a trial, without installing the battery, where you have an external one to make sure the treatment helps. Quite a few companies have stuff out there, and quite a few have been sued for it. Spinal Cord Stimulation is the basic thing to google about with it, and tons of videos about it (and showing it - it's like 90% an epidural with a few more pictures to test placement) - I did two tests, one for high frequency pulses, and the other on direct Dorsal Root Ganglion pulsing. The high frequency worked better for me, so after two months of the second test, they jammed that into me, and made a pocket in my hip, and dropped the little battery in there.

I have my remote for the settings, charge that with your normal plug on the wall, and to charge my device, I plug the hand held into the magical belt and wear it, once I place it, it can charge through my skin. If the settings are too high, you can cause heat problems - but you can adjust those settings down to not be a problem.

This was a last resort after two years of physical therapy, trigger point injections and gabbapentin for a testicle problem that shows no visible damage. It's helping pretty well. Not many people have it for that, it's nominally for backpain, but can hit a lot of places on ya if you have a doctor who is patient and smart enough. And not employed by TwitterMonkeyKilling Inc.

I can go on a bit more about it, but I am on week 5 of having the thing fully in my body after the tests, so I'm not as educated about it yet as I am all my other health problems.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
This is the place for cool transhumanism stuff

Also cool trans people also welcome

This is an inclusive cyberpunk futurism thread

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Need to know more about the “testicle problem”

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Would love to replace testicles with a cool battery to charge my phone while I’m on the go

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

neuralink inside your balls so everybody's balls can communicate the amount of pee stored inside of them. This will alleviate many urine related issues between ball havers

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cyberspunk (thats what the british people call semen)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Can I get a huge dick instead of this tiny dick I have

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I slept with some british woman when I was doing my vet tech degree and she said something about spunking on her, i can never deal with something like that again OP

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I’ve got lame-o carbon fiber and Kevlar heart parts

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

i've procured a cybernetic implant to help me cheat at chess

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I wear a Zip Drive on my belt which lets me store up to 750mb of data

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Whats the worst cyberpunk book I can possibly read that isn't an intentionally bad gimmick

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I slept with some british woman when I was doing my vet tech degree and she said something about spunking on her, i can never deal with something like that again OP

You still got her cyber digits

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hey choom, real preem thread, just keep the corpo gonks, netpigs, and eddiechasers out. real deckheads, edgerunners, and chromejunkies only, nova?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I had a programmable LED face mask for awhile. That felt pretty cyberpunk.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

gonna give me mate a spunk sarnie oi

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I had a programmable LED face mask for awhile. That felt pretty cyberpunk.

I have one and it leaves me feeling refreshed and dewy

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I want a fursuit I can feel how close to that are we.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Can I get a huge dick instead of this tiny dick I have

I can get a sheath for you. Best I can do

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I’ve got lame-o carbon fiber and Kevlar heart parts

If that is true this is insane to me

I mean, you can’t even be shot to death in the heart

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I replaced my dick with a laser pointer

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

N. Senada posted:

If that is true this is insane to me

I mean, you can’t even be shot to death in the heart

It is true, but I definitely can’t take a round to the heart, lol

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Whats the worst cyberpunk book I can possibly read that isn't an intentionally bad gimmick

"Pounded in the Butt by an Anthropomorphic Cyborg Representation of William Gibsons Semninal Cyberpunk Novel: Neuromancer" by Chuck Tingle

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
You cyberpunks are lame. Come join us in the forest, we can teach you the old ways.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I shoved a flash drive up my rear end, does that count?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

The Butcher posted:

You cyberpunks are lame. Come join us in the forest, we can teach you the old ways.

gently caress off nature boy

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Flowers for QAnon posted:

It is true, but I definitely can’t take a round to the heart, lol

That’s still wild to me.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Ready player one

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

have you heard of the 4th stimpire my man

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat
I have a cochlear implant. I hear in digital. Also refrigerator magnets stick to my head.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
I'm currently wearing an Arasaka t-shirt I got off AliExpress. I am the cyberpunk man now.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I don't think hanging out with Keanu Reeves is cyberpunk, but I bet it's fun. :kiddo:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
old steel, holds my hip together.
but this is me in the 90's

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I have two titanium rods fused to my spine

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

oh this?

heh, that's just my massive erect cyberdong :smug:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

PITY BONER posted:

I'm currently wearing an Arasaka t-shirt I got off AliExpress. I am the cyberpunk man now.

Corpo! Corpooooo!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m huge in Japan

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I don't think hanging out with Keanu Reeves is cyberpunk, but I bet it's fun. :kiddo:
loling at this scrub who has never seen Johnny Mnemonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Suck my cyberjunk