Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol at grinding anything to max in a yoko taro game
agreed, but didnt emil have some story locked behind a monstrously tedious grind in automata

maybe that was something else idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

agreed, but didnt emil have some story locked behind a monstrously tedious grind in automata

maybe that was something else idk

once you're on new game plus you understand the whole game mechanics and can manipulate drops rates etc, you're supposed to see all the endings

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i think it was optional story?? bah now i gotta check the LP again lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I got all of nier:automata's endings without grinding, it's totally up to you if you want to grind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkBN8shdU9E

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

i think it was optional story?? bah now i gotta check the LP again lol

I'm just playing through with no knowledge, same as nier: automata. I'll probably use a guide to tell me the weapon locations, but I still ahve to do all the poo poo lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
can I post nier without getting probed?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

thinking about getting some of those dwarves in that fortress

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jpJM6nc6fE

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm just playing through with no knowledge, same as nier: automata. I'll probably use a guide to tell me the weapon locations, but I still ahve to do all the poo poo lol

oh right on, sorry if i rubbed against spoiler territory there

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
when you listen to nier music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

mods this is my thread and it is also my birthday so please don't smokadustbowl if they post nier once

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

oh right on, sorry if i rubbed against spoiler territory there

I already know all the spoilers from playing, it's bleaker than Scorn. it's like some dune poo poo

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 7, 2022

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Roosevelt posted:

mods this is my thread and it is also my birthday so please don't smokadustbowl if they post nier once

yes it is also my bday and i say leave smoka alone with their crimes against humanity

signed sincerely, james

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHPOuYSnnGc

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yeah

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nier animeta

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

started disco Elysium again while I wait for the Witcher 3 turbo edition and also because I never played the final cut version, can't remember what I played as before but I've gone max empathy/purple points and crap everything else initially so let's see

I'm gonna see how long I can go without going near the corpse at all, but I can't decide if I should become a revolutionary communist or not. Probably should else I'll get "the worlds most pathetic centrist".

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

don't get the stamp of shame

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

dioxazine posted:

don't get the stamp of shame

everybody hates you whatever you choose but I do have some pimp shoes that make me a tool of capital (I think, the description is vague but it looks like "you get more money when you find it")

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i mean, of course. you're a cop

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
still kind of annoyed that it rates "I want to know more about this" as centrism

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
my first round i played it straightedge because let's face it he looked rough

still killed myself kicking a broken computer and having an aneurysm but that was a lol

next time i'm gonna go in drugs blazing, steal Cuno's dad's stash and just snort the lot of it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

haveblue posted:

still kind of annoyed that it rates "I want to know more about this" as centrism

the important outcome here is not accuracy, it is that it managed to get to you enough that you care about what it counted.

which is also a good reason to on a replay be willing to take up more unsavory stances, it is not like it'll reward you so it can be worth reading.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the important outcome here is not accuracy, it is that it managed to get to you enough that you care about what it counted.

which is also a good reason to on a replay be willing to take up more unsavory stances, it is not like it'll reward you so it can be worth reading.

I've already internalised measureheads race theory so maybe I can pull off some sort of crazy "highly empathetic racist"

e: I am 100% gonna see if I can avoid ever going near the body at all. I assume Cuno just stays there forever though?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

my first round i played it straightedge because let's face it he looked rough

still killed myself kicking a broken computer and having an aneurysm but that was a lol

next time i'm gonna go in drugs blazing, steal Cuno's dad's stash and just snort the lot of it

party time

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's always party time if you're brave enough

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

party time

rare footage of Harry Dubious in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLLQFLXz6VE

god someone should mod this in for the karaoke scene

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Stare-Out posted:

Crossposting my own poo poo from the No Man's Sky thread:

NMS has occasional tornadoes on crazy weather planets that throw your character around but the game doesn't quite know what to do if you're seated near one.

https://i.imgur.com/PXoDc7K.mp4

See you later Sitlords.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

NoneMoreNegative posted:

See you later Sitlords.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

See you later Sitlords.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hey turns out that dwarf fortress is a pretty good game

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

turns out mouse scrolling through layers was the one thing I needed to make the game playable for me again

Thanks Tarn

Tharn

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

quiggy posted:

hey turns out that dwarf fortress is a pretty good game

it's got fortresses, it's got dwarves.

just a little lacking in the manhunting red fox department

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

dioxazine posted:

it's got fortresses, it's got dwarves.

just a little lacking in the manhunting red fox department

well there were carp that could take a dwarf's arm off, but i think that got changed

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Foo Diddley posted:

well there were carp that could take a dwarf's arm off, but i think that got changed

idk have you see the size of some of those fuckers irl?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
finished bloodstained. it is a perfect re-injection of sotn (barring some minor glitches). enjoyed it and felt it was the right length. won't be doing the bonus modes anytime soon but they're a neat idea while being true to form

next is probably ac valhalla just because it's rolling off ps plus extra in 2 weeks and i was to see if it's any deece

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I like valhalla
haven't even gotten halfway through the story, just occasionally go raiding the english countryside in my long boat

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
sounds like it could be fun. i've also heard it's kind of tediously long but... we'll see i guess! haven't played odyssey yet but doubting it's a big deal to skip

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the core games are standalone, but the modern storyline that started in origins finishes in valhalla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

there’s like a 1% chance you’ll care at all about the modern day storyline instead of just rushing through them to get back to your historical stabbing simulator