Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
guy wishing a meteor would zip through his brain and kill him instantly while two morons spend 40 minutes discussing whether a ui for an internal questionnaire is one approved colour or the other one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

one of my meetings devolved into that when someone introduced us to my company's brand guide

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

guy who keeps an alexa on his desk and accidentally activates it several times per meeting

guy who is an architect in a tech company and sees absolutely no problem with leaving a hot mic in a competitor's product in the room while he discusses proprietary trade secrets

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Buck Turgidson posted:

guy wishing a meteor would zip through his brain and kill him instantly while two morons spend 40 minutes discussing whether a ui for an internal questionnaire is one approved colour or the other one

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

if it's internal you better believe I'm just going to do whatever I want (leave all of the ui defaults exactly as is)

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
guy who misses having to do zoom happy hour

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

post hole digger posted:

if it's internal you better believe I'm just going to do whatever I want (leave all of the ui defaults exactly as is)

:hai:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

guy who misses having to do zoom happy hour

cant possibly imagine this guy sorry

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

flag on the play. no using yourself as an example

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I did a breathing exercises class on zoom today.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

vendor showed up to a webex call wearing a santa hat. i am sending you to prison.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy whos 15 minutes late to start a meeting because he was playing dwarf fortress

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

guy who joins the company townhall teams meeting five minutes early where they're gonna announce layoffs, thereby pinging the entire company that someone has joined the meeting

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sometimes if I wanna spice things up I join the meeting early, wait 10 seconds, then leave. This makes a bunch of tryhards also join early and then when I join on time I'm not the first one.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

im systematically late to every meeting i ever join

fashionably late power move

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

nvrgrls posted:

Sometimes if I wanna spice things up I join the meeting early, wait 10 seconds, then leave. This makes a bunch of tryhards also join early and then when I join on time I'm not the first one.

for a lot of meetings I've taken to waiting in the lobby until I see three+ other people join to avoid having to make small talk

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

nvrgrls posted:

the false start cascade is the most god damned annoying thing, gently caress

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol if u read ur email

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

jesus WEP posted:

the false start cascade is the most god damned annoying thing, gently caress

that and people joining after the meeting ended followed by someone else joining to tell them the meeting ended cascade

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guy who says hello to anyone who joins the meeting

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Guy who schedules a meeting with no agenda and then no shows for it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy who doesnt have any meetings today mashallah :pray:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Jonny 290 posted:

lol if u read ur email

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

post hole digger posted:

for a lot of meetings I've taken to waiting in the lobby until I see three+ other people join to avoid having to make small talk

yeah i do this or purposely join a minute or two late

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

guy who is always the fifth person to join meeting and will never ever ever remember that they’re muted by default

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

(it me)

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
guy who hopes no one realizes he's joining the meeting 10 minutes late but for some reason it already finished or was canceled and he makes a big fat "XXX started the meeting" notification show up for everybody

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Guy who keeps on making a joke about how you couldn't make blazing saddles today because people would be too offended.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Guy who keeps on making a joke about how you couldn't make blazing saddles today because people would be too offended.

Guy who's watching tropic thunder while pretending to listen, nodding for his camera

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Zlodo posted:

guy who hopes no one realizes he's joining the meeting 10 minutes late but for some reason it already finished or was canceled and he makes a big fat "XXX started the meeting" notification show up for everybody

lol I love when this happens (to other people)

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

PokeJoe posted:

Guy who's watching tropic thunder while pretending to listen, nodding for his camera

guy who replaced his microphone with a dave chappelle soundboard

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DaTroof posted:

guy who replaced his personality with a dave chappelle soundboard

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

gently caress yo couchdb

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DaTroof posted:

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

guy who slacks you 90 seconds after a meeting start time to ask if you are joining

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

post hole digger posted:

guy who slacks you 90 seconds after a meeting start time to ask if you are joining

don’t doxx my boss

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

guy that IMs you 4 minutes before the meeting for updates relevant to the meeting

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

DaTroof posted:

My coworker and I did this in 2006, specifically with the lil jon soundboard. Of course this was before virtual meetings were all the rage but thankfully we were cubicle-mates so we just talked to each other this way.

"Hey nevergirls can you send me that pdf?"
"whaaaaaat!"
"The pdf with the latest figures on it!"
"Okaaaaaay!"

Everyone loved us.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

post hole digger posted:

this, but one minute before the actual start time, and it's the teams "page into meeting" function and it makes my phone and pc both start ringing :tizzy: