Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I'm so old, it was a goddamned CD (albeit a really great one) back in 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
My very first thing was a gift card for my parents in 2004. The first tangible item was a college textbook, The Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics, in 2008.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

:agesilaus:

The series sucked tho

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, circa 1999 or so, on the recommendation of these forums. IIRC I also ordered a Hitachi 19" CRT monitor at the same time, as a big Thanksgiving/Christmas present to myself. The monitor sat in the box while I devoured the book in an evening. :crow:

Smugworth posted:

The series sucked tho

After how much I obsessed about those books, I owe it to myself to sit down and re-read the entire series now that its done. but :effort: and also its a kerjillion books with people named Avenda and Aveinda and its v. important to keep them straight.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
A PS2 controller in 2007

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I pre-ordered MGS2

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Click image to open expanded view
15-piece Accessory Bundle for Microsoft Zune 120GB/80GB: Black Leather Case + FM Transmitter + Foldable Amplified Speakers + Black Silicone Skin Case

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Vampire Panties posted:

After how much I obsessed about those books, I owe it to myself to sit down and re-read the entire series now that its done. but :effort: and also its a kerjillion books with people named Avenda and Aveinda and its v. important to keep them straight.
I stopped reading around book four or five and I have no regrets about that. The writing is legitimately annoying. I have never read any other fantasy novels that annoyed me. These books suck.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm proud of this. It's the only order from 2003.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Best one so far.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
My oldest amazon order was 6' optical cable. Big surround sound in my 12' living room

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Smugworth posted:

The series sucked tho
Since you immediately beat my score by a few years (a translated copy of the Swedish book Bröderna Lejonhjärta in 2000 for me!) I am instead going to just encourage you to click "cancel order" there and see what happens

"This book is running late"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I think Bubba Hotep in 2005.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

I think Bubba Hotep in 2005.

noice!

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
A book for english class that I don't remember a single thing about.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
2003........... World War Z..... Look, it was the oughts. Ironic zombies were hilarious.

Then literally no other purchases for the next 3 years, at which point the streak was broken for My Tank Is Fight.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
First 3:

Lmao college

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I bought my copy of World War Z in person, at a bookstore, before Tom Cruise had anything to do with it.

Probably didn't read it though

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
One of the first purchases I made with my first paycheck from a Highschool job.

Still can't read Japanese worth poo poo.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dr. Quarex posted:

Since you immediately beat my score by a few years (a translated copy of the Swedish book Bröderna Lejonhjärta in 2000 for me!) I am instead going to just encourage you to click "cancel order" there and see what happens

"This book is running late"

The cancel button just brings me back to the cancel page

The problem with order button doesn't do much good either

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I ordered the book "The Quintessential PIC Microcontroller" on Oct 13, 2006. I didn't order anything again until 2008 and it was more books. When did Amazon start selling more than (primarily) books?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Lol

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Complete Blackadder on VHS back in 2001. Solid purchase.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

Oh I'd actually be interested in something like this.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My search history doesn't go back that far but I think it was something for a fishtail I used to have.

Ebay was where to get the good Japanese Zelda mangas.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Huh, it was on my forums-versary. :corsair:

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
A VHS copy of the amazing Hong Kong movie "Dark Skinned Assassin" that I gave to my friend who probably never watched it and lost it in his hoarder apartment. Also a CD of the album "Maxinequay" which I was never enthusiastic about but still listen to all the time because even when you order a CD on Amazon the songs are automatically installed on any Kindle you buy which is why a bunch of Raffi songs always come up when I listen to music on my kindle.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Guess what my favourite band was

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Tarkus posted:

I ordered the book "The Quintessential PIC Microcontroller" on Oct 13, 2006. I didn't order anything again until 2008 and it was more books. When did Amazon start selling more than (primarily) books?

By 98 they were definitely selling CDs to compete with cdnow.com

Great album for a jilted generation

and I got my first piece of non media junk in 2003

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I now work for a company that competes directly with the Bezos empire. What a world.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Smugworth posted:

The cancel button just brings me back to the cancel page

The problem with order button doesn't do much good either
Thank you, that worked perfectly. I was surprised the orders actually went that far back, but then realized that actually interacting with them would probably confuse the system, and I am glad to see I am right

I bet you can only actually access orders from the last like five years or something

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Dumb college book I guess

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's pretty novel they let you se your orders that far back, indeed

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

That's the earliest on my account, but I know I had ordered a season or two of Buffy using my mom's account before that. I think my first internet purchase ever was '96 or '97 on eBay. I bought some Looney Tunes box set of Pez dispensers from some guy in Australia back when I collected those.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010
In 2007 I bought my mom a gift card so she could buy some books because she likes reading.

I have a friend who met his wife by matching interests and messaging her on facebook.

I had a firstname.lastname gmail account.

I miss that internet.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Can’t access my parents’ account to confirm but it was either one of the Quantum Leap novels or Ray Bradbury short story collections in 2002ish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2005
A copy of dinopark tycoon in like 1997