Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Carthag Tuek posted:

ah k we'll see

Also that version's super easy to softmod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Midjack posted:

they at least fixed the controller situation after a couple of years.

I found a sixaxis in the bottom of a tub of old cables just the other day

What a tremendous piece of poo poo

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

jammyozzy posted:

dsyp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jammyozzy posted:

looks like you’re new around here

just a wee tip

we don’t sign our posts

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

just a wee tip

turn your monitor on

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
printers are just disobedient lil' robots

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

turn your monitor on

fuckkkk

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh poo poo speaking of disobedient lil robots

i remember one class in college, we had a project to build and program a lego robot that would navigate a maze. only, here's the thing, with the lego robot kits we had (this was in 2003 or 2004), the motors were so goddamn clapped out that we couldn't get consistent performance out of them. i think we basically just ran the maze again and again until it finally made it through.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
"We used an iterative solution."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Neito posted:

Also that version's super easy to softmod.

its the 2 port version but whatever, im gonna play some old games, think ill buy a stack off degulesider.dk or some such

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i remember one class in college, we had a project to build and program a lego robot that would navigate a maze. only, here's the thing, with the lego robot kits we had (this was in 2003 or 2004), the motors were so goddamn clapped out that we couldn't get consistent performance out of them. i think we basically just ran the maze again and again until it finally made it through.

Presto posted:

"We used an iterative solution."

yep

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
FM synthesis

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

eschaton posted:

FM synthesis

it's cool, but the music does kind of all sounds more or less the same

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sweevo posted:

it's cool, but the music does kind of all sounds more or less the same
no static at all

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dare
to keep kids off drugs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when I was young teenager i’d shake my heads at all all the people who took drugs and think “they should all just masturbate instead of do drugs” but then I got older and discovered you can do both at the same time

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FMguru posted:

no static at all

user/post/reference

greg the peanut
Dec 24, 2000

When Sony stopped putting those “It’s a Sony” sticker on things… no bueno

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

turbo pascal

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

I made so many stupid little programs with TP when I was young; it ruled

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
pascal was cool and good imo, i liked both 1-indexed arrays and the := operator

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

was a single turbo pascal program ever written that was not a rotating wireframe fire cube?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Sweevo posted:

was a single turbo pascal program ever written that was not a rotating wireframe fire cube?

sure, OK ✅ and Cancel ❌

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
they need to make a new vb6

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
first job out of college was corp it at a now long-gone retailer. The point of sale app was something like a million lines of delphi pascal, and you *had* to start a fresh machine image install with the CD installer folder dated 1996. They bought the source code and continued to develop it in-house.

Wouldn’t run on anything past XP, so right after I left they switched to a new POS app……written in Java.

They also had HP-UX machines with cell processors, with a custom linux shim for the ERP code to work.

And oracle RAC appliances as well, this place was a big lesson in choosing your technology wisely.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

all apps written in Java are POS apps, OP

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

devmd01 posted:

They also had HP-UX machines with cell processors

surely you either mean pa-risc or itanium

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

greg the peanut posted:

one of my walkmans still has the sticker, i wish they'd keep putting them on stuff.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

itanium lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

devmd01 posted:

first job out of college was corp it at a now long-gone retailer. The point of sale app was something like a million lines of delphi pascal, and you *had* to start a fresh machine image install with the CD installer folder dated 1996. They bought the source code and continued to develop it in-house.

Wouldn’t run on anything past XP, so right after I left they switched to a new POS app……written in Java.

They also had HP-UX machines with cell processors, with a custom linux shim for the ERP code to work.

And oracle RAC appliances as well, this place was a big lesson in choosing your technology wisely.

this is the world that linux users want

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Beeftweeter posted:

itanium lol

rambus

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

echinopsis posted:

when I was young teenager i’d shake my heads at all all the people who took drugs and think “they should all just masturbate instead of do drugs” but then I got older and discovered you can do both at the same time

imagining that t-shirt right now, front:

WINNERS
DONT
DO
DRUGS

back:
THEY
JERK
OFF
:c00l:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

greg the peanut posted:

The Sony rootkit fiasco

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

afen posted:

one of my walkmans still has the sticker, i wish they'd keep putting them on stuff.

tell me you also lurk r/cassetteculture without t

(good poo poo)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i love the idea and nostalgia of cassettes, and i have a couple things that play cassettes. but i do _not_ want to actually have to listen to music on cassettes again. there's a reason the first money i spent on my 89 buick in high school was a cd player

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh dang i thought my garage stereo had a cassette player; it doesn't. idk part of me wants to fix that, part of me wants to never actually USE a cassette again

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

well mastered cassettes sound great. badly mastered ones should be remixed and then thrown into the sun

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

but yeah they're a pain in the rear end and can't fit very much at good quality

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

nudgenudgetilt posted:

surely you either mean pa-risc or itanium

…dammit you’re right, it was itanium. stupid memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

imagining that t-shirt right now, front:

WINNERS
DONT
DO
DRUGS

back: