Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Steadiman posted:

Yeah this is pretty much what happens now if any Tesla owner dares to complain about any kind of issue at all. Doesn't matter how much they proclaim to love their Tesla either, talking about a problem will unleash the hordes

lmao telsa owners should check out ranger-forums.com sometime

that's what liking your car looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Musk is finally popular at something

Countdown to this account getting nuked

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Quote is not edit

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

bobjr posted:

Tesla owners would turn on the person who owned the car and say they deserved it rather than criticize the car design in any way
The question is whether the stans who spend all day jumping in front of bullets for Master Musk constitute the majority of potential Tesla buyers, and it's probably fair to say that's likely not the case. Brand perception is already negative, there's a lot of people who just want a car and not a new religion, and adding to that is giving more objective fuel to the DO NOT BUY fire.

CharlestheHammer posted:

So would letting your car mow down pedestrians but here we are
So far it's just mannequins, which they've been able to laugh off, but the moment an actual baby get run over there's absolutely going to be hell to pay.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

FirstnameLastname posted:

while I'm not defending the god-awful design decisions made on Tesla's, the average driver should absolutely be spending more than 20 minutes learning the features of a new vehicle before driving it, especially modern ones

Years ago after not owning a car for a decade or two, I bought a used Toyota Yaris found on Auto Trader or kijiji, drove home, had it for a couple of days, drove to gas station and then...couldn't figure out how to open the gas cap door (lid). I was about to pry it open with a screwdriver but decided instead to sit in car and look it up in the owners manual.
So...I agree with you.

This Twitter deal is starting to be like an episode of Kitchen Nightmares where the owner finally admits he's never worked in a restaurant, had no prior hospitality industry experience but sunk his savings into it because he thought it would be fun. "People tell me they love my cooking" he explains to Gordon Ramsay, as the camera cuts to pan a nearly-empy room at prime dinner time. "They just never come back".

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i dont know if its something to do with the owner attitude or the car itself but at least in california ive noticed that teslas tend to belong to some of the worst drivers on the road,, often bad at really basic poo poo like parking

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

At this point, Elon makes Trump look like he has elephant skin in comparison. That's quite an accomplishment, being more of a bitchmade baby than the former president.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
How are accounts for bots made? Because someone needs to just flood twitter with bots that report on elon's jet

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

My Spirit Otter posted:

How are accounts for bots made? Because someone needs to just flood twitter with bots that report on elon's jet

all you need to make a twitter account is a unique email address

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Earwicker posted:

Eventually if they fingerprint you as likely having multiple accounts it will require a unique phone number. Not difficult to work around but it will prevent it from being simply low effort.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Earwicker posted:

Yes, but can you automate that process?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

At this point, Elon makes Trump look like he has elephant skin in comparison. That's quite an accomplishment, being more of a bitchmade baby than the former president.

Yeah, this is next level thin skin
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1603124548903247872
Remember when he said he hoped even his worst critics remained on Twitter? What happened to that?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

LOL that crowd booing him really broke his paper thin skin

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Steadiman posted:

Remember when he said he hoped even his worst critics remained on Twitter? What happened to that?

Another thread said that he's banning other jet tracking accounts to "cleverly" look as though this is something other than a temper tantrum because he got booed at the Chappelle show.

Freeze peach absolutism doesn't apply when it hurts the site owner's feelings, I guess.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Steadiman posted:

he SPECFICIALLY said he wasn't going to ban the jet account lol

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Earwicker posted:

i dont know if its something to do with the owner attitude or the car itself but at least in california ive noticed that teslas tend to belong to some of the worst drivers on the road,, often bad at really basic poo poo like parking

To be fair I'm an awful driver, so a self-driving vehicle is something I would absolutely gravitate toward if it worked.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’m kind of surprised he hasn’t booked some late night Jimmy Fallon guest slot that’ll throw him softballs to make him look better.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

bobjr posted:

I’m kind of surprised he hasn’t booked some late night Jimmy Fallon guest slot that’ll throw him softballs to make him look better.

Well, he's working so hard at Twitter right now with those code reviews and constant posting. Who has the time?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I think even Fallon would pass on that right now lol

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Didn't he act like a dick to Jimmy Fallon very recently? Or get scolded by him? Something like that.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Maybe it was both?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

repiv posted:

he SPECFICIALLY said he wasn't going to ban the jet account lol

lol yeah and people now added a context note to that very tweet (sorry for the weird newsletter tweet but I can't seem to link to only the image and it automatically adds the tweet it's responding to)
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1603116895280205825

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Libra posted:

Didn't he act like a dick to Jimmy Fallon very recently? Or get scolded by him? Something like that.

Maybe he can do carpool karaoke with James Corden in a self driving Tesla. Maybe do it live so we get to see it crash into a kindergarten and burst into flames

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kw0134 posted:

The question is whether the stans who spend all day jumping in front of bullets for Master Musk constitute the majority of potential Tesla buyers, and it's probably fair to say that's likely not the case. Brand perception is already negative, there's a lot of people who just want a car and not a new religion, and adding to that is giving more objective fuel to the DO NOT BUY fire.

So far it's just mannequins, which they've been able to laugh off, but the moment an actual baby get run over there's absolutely going to be hell to pay.

A Tesla killed 2 and injured 3 like a month ago duder

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

There Bias Two posted:

To be fair I'm an awful driver, so a self-driving vehicle is something I would absolutely gravitate toward if it worked.

self-driving vehicles are already a thing and already on the streets, they aren't teslas though they are made by gm. they are kind of irritating in actual practice because they very strictly obey all traffic rules. it loving sucks to get stuck behind one. they're currently in san francisco, i'm not sure if they can be found anywhere else yet.

one of the most annoying things about elon is that he has somehow wrapped the public perception of self-driving cars as like a broad concept around himself, to the point where people think tesla's specific failures in that space are failures of the technology in general. but actually while tesla is struggling with their weird wedge truck and running kids over, other car companies have actually gone much further and in some cases are already being used in actual practice. they have their own problems, but the degree to which discussion of such a huge concept revolves around one idiot, who isn't even a leader in that space, is kind of maddening.

also in the south bay area suburbs there are now little self-driving coolers that deliver food. they're very slow and ive never ordered from a place that uses them, but they are kinda cute. but also very stupid, i often see them get stuck trying to negotiate crossing the exit of a parking lot.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 14, 2022

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Musk cannot recognize when someone is clowning him:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603121127873806337?s=20&t=gogBjy6hjpC9btpbwHovPQ

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Kingo Ligma posted:

A Tesla killed 2 and injured 3 like a month ago duder
Do you have a link to the story because if it's due to FSD then that's a massive product liability suit that half of America's legal bar would be chomping to get in on.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Back the the discussion about the Tesla board getting rid of Musk, how do we know they haven’t? He’s absolutely micromanaged Tesla in the past and he isn’t doing it now. He doesn’t appear to be doing a lot of SpaceX work either. Instead he’s pulling epic 3am coding jam sessions on Twitter’s 10th floor that consist of H1B’s slowly blinking SOS while Elon scribbles project management 101 terms on a whiteboard.

I think he’s been pushed out of managing both companies and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened around the time he decided to put babies in that Neuralink exec’s belly. So he rebounded with a terrible takeover bid that he couldn’t get away from like a newly divorced guy who gets a Hooters’ waitress pregnant and now everyone’s miserable.

That’s my theory at least.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

kw0134 posted:

Do you have a link to the story because if it's due to FSD then that's a massive product liability suit that half of America's legal bar would be chomping to get in on.

It happened in china

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kf3I_OyDlI

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.tesladeaths.com/index-amp.html

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kw0134 posted:

There's bits of the world that aren't america

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Libra posted:

If elon did, just lol that even musk hates that unfunny gently caress

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Krispy Wafer posted:

Back the the discussion about the Tesla board getting rid of Musk, how do we know they haven’t? He’s absolutely micromanaged Tesla in the past and he isn’t doing it now. He doesn’t appear to be doing a lot of SpaceX work either. Instead he’s pulling epic 3am coding jam sessions on Twitter’s 10th floor that consist of H1B’s slowly blinking SOS while Elon scribbles project management 101 terms on a whiteboard.

I think he’s been pushed out of managing both companies and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened around the time he decided to put babies in that Neuralink exec’s belly. So he rebounded with a terrible takeover bid that he couldn’t get away from like a newly divorced guy who gets a Hooters’ waitress pregnant and now everyone’s miserable.

That’s my theory at least.

Iirc he's getting sued over taking one of his ceo salaries and not putting in enough work

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Kingo Ligma posted:

There's bits of the world that aren't america
Yes, and a lot of Americans and American regulators are largely interested in what happens if FSD blows up and actually runs down a nice white toddler in some Californian suburb, because that would be something which would literally strike a lot closer to home. I wonder if there's been further news out of China about this story because there's the initial report and then not a ton more, though these sort of investigations are pretty opaque until someone decides to make an example of someone, else it quietly gets buried in a shallow grave and is never mentioned again.

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin

When I saw the video it had traditional Chinese music over it and I can't seem to find it

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I still think the cybertruck is ugly as well and is the worst part of cyberpunk 2077. can't wait to see it in the reboot of back to the future.

Anyway, what is the dumb business move musk did today? Did he berate wall street journal for saying he's no longer the richest person in the world?

do you think he could lose a comma?

Pages back, but the truck looks like they took the design from of Hard Drivin'.

They even took inspiration for the safety features.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Steadiman posted:

...or when he SPECIFICALLY said he was so committed to free speech that he wouldn't block that specific account.
Just lmao. God I want to slap that man so badly. He deserves a good slap.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Krispy Wafer posted:

Back the the discussion about the Tesla board getting rid of Musk, how do we know they haven’t?

Because he is the one tanking their stock and if they had any activist shareholders (they likely do), they would be crowing from the rooftops that Musk was now in an "advisory role only" or whatever just like Papa John.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 14, 2022

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Annoyingly the linked news stories are stubs and don't really tell us if it's something specific to Tesla or because the drivers are dumbasses. Lots of blame in the articles to drivers doing stupid driver things which are non-specific to Tesla. But the NHTSA is basically toothless compared with what it should be able to do and if we had a regulatory scheme that wasn't terrible we'd probably have harder data which doesn't rely on the word of a self-interested manufacturer on the beta testing of a dangerous product on public roads but :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Earwicker posted:

self-driving vehicles are already a thing and already on the streets, they aren't teslas though they are made by gm. they are kind of irritating in actual practice because they very strictly obey all traffic rules. it loving sucks to get stuck behind one. they're currently in san francisco, i'm not sure if they can be found anywhere else yet.

one of the most annoying things about elon is that he has somehow wrapped the public perception of self-driving cars as like a broad concept around himself, to the point where people think tesla's specific failures in that space are failures of the technology in general. but actually while tesla is struggling with their weird wedge truck and running kids over, other car companies have actually gone much further and in some cases are already being used in actual practice. they have their own problems, but the degree to which discussion of such a huge concept revolves around one idiot, who isn't even a leader in that space, is kind of maddening.

also in the south bay area suburbs there are now little self-driving coolers that deliver food. they're very slow and ive never ordered from a place that uses them, but they are kinda cute. but also very stupid, i often see them get stuck trying to negotiate crossing the exit of a parking lot.

why would an established manufacturer like GM go out of its way to tie its name to a semifunctional car gimmick that's only presently useful, if at all, to large institutions that mostly don't make shopping decisions based on Reddit discourse