Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

PinheadSlim posted:

That's funny, the posters I see in TFR look more like this

But after all, what would a trans person have to be afraid of in America? *checks notes* oh yeah lol

drat, is that a custom barrel guard? Fierce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Tag yourself I'm the Deity of Dips 💪

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I'm disappointed that instead of going with 'Gary Deals' he went with 'Mystic Mac' wtf

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Bluemillion posted:

drat, is that a custom barrel guard? Fierce.

Probably. She goes by Lady_Feral on Instagram and is a former special forces soldier who did some tours in Afghanistan before transitioning

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/AwFCtFn.mp4

“Hip shoot that”

“Nah, don’t shoot it like that.”

[bang]

https://i.imgur.com/AQgHJ4A.mp4

“Steve’s rifle has a one‐hundred‐round magazine, which is recommended for ambush situations because of its sustained high volume of fire. Because the firing power is so great, it is outfitted with a muzzle brake, to decrease recoil and increase accuracy.”

“Target acquired, Tom.”

“Fire… in the hole.”

[bang]

[Over radio]: “You’re not bleeding, but do you have any discharge? Does it hurt at all?”

[sobbing] “I can’t hear you.”

[Weakly]: “Dammit, Steve.”

Muzzle brakes by design redirect exhaust gases toward to the sides and toward the shooter. They should not be used in confined spaces. Steve’s gun is of an intermediate caliber, for what that matters.

https://i.imgur.com/7ihjVL6.mp4

[speaking Spanish]

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Takes No Damage posted:

Tag yourself I'm the Deity of Dips 💪

Are these the GameStop idiots?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Turns out I know a bit of Spanish.

*smack* gently caress
*smack* poo poo

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

nothing beats the power of la chancla

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If Thanos had made an infinity chancla instead of a gauntlet, he might have won.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If I remember right he's trying to convince his mom they're fake guns and I don't think she's buying it.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
In my family we’d get the fly swatter if the flip flop wasn’t at hand.

Much preferred the flip flop. Both were better than The Spoon.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
As far as I've heard from friends, do not disappoint your Mexican (my anecdotal evidence) mother.

As is evidence, this woman just burst into a room with a bunch of dudes with guns and slapped the poo poo out of them and they were terrified. As they should be.

In my Irish family, my mother would just make me feel guilty and worthless and I'd have to carry that the rest of my life. I think I'd have preferred a good smack.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Robobot posted:

In my family we’d get the fly swatter if the flip flop wasn’t at hand.

Much preferred the flip flop. Both were better than The Spoon.

Sometimes it is whatever is close at hand.

Brooms have reach!

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I love this one very much.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Doomsday preppers are, in general, some of the most disturbingly unhinged people ever. If an apocalypse ever happens and they manage to not eat themselves i fully expect most of them to become the the cliche gimp suit bandits that exist only to steal, rape, and kill.

They are absolutely fiending for that sort of fall of society so that FINALLY they are beholden to no law but barbarism.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The moment that doomsday preppers face the mildest inconvenience, they will abandon their preparation and confront the situation with hooting and hollering and denial.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
“I am totally prepared for the apocalypse”

“Fantastic, do you have any spare N95 masks?”

“I AINT WEARING NO CUCK LIBTARD MASK”

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

nomad2020 posted:

I love this one very much.

Yes, also because i hate people with muzzle brakes.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Tom/Steve Doomsday Preppers are somehow even funnier in context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHOog45llUU

It’s not in the above clip, but Tom holds Steve’s family at gunpoint when they arrive at the gate for the muzzle brake/explosive demonstration.

This video is interrupted at points with idiot commentary but does have that scene at 11:45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRyweUXBpA8&t=705s

Obviously staged for the show and maybe the production folks kept him from using loaded guns, but still, wow.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 15, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

“I am totally prepared for the apocalypse”

“Fantastic, do you have any spare N95 masks?”

“I AINT WEARING NO CUCK LIBTARD MASK”

mask nothing, how much potable water or food do they have?

also do the have a good enough shovel and digging skills to atleast do a 6 foot pooping hole?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

PhazonLink posted:

mask nothing, how much potable water or food do they have?

also do the have a good enough shovel and digging skills to atleast do a 6 foot pooping hole?

I remember in the Texas power outage thing someone doing a Twitter thread about how his prepper bro only had electric can openers and thus couldn't even get into any of his food.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

TopHatGenius posted:

Sometimes it is whatever is close at hand.

Brooms have reach!

A radio DJ back in the day claimed his mom would go after him with shoes. He swore she learned how to throw them at an angle to curve around corners so running only exacerbated his pain.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Ok, so you've got some guns and a Jeep or some other such off-road vehicle, and a property... somewhere, off the grid.

Do you know trauma medicine, even basic first aid? What about small engine repair, do you even have the parts lying around? Do you have maps coming out your rear end for when your 5G service fails? And what about that fantasy scenario where you get to use your murder toys, have you drilled bounding overwatch with people you trust, can you and your cadre demonstrate violence of action? Can you reload your weapon or diagnose a jam under pressure, without accidentally blowing your face off? Do you know the difference between cover and concealment and why that's an important distinction? How to work a radio? Morse code, semaphore. Smoke signals. How to build a campfire from scratch? What about nature, do you know how not to bed down where bears and cougars are going to be? How to get potable water out of the ground? Anything about mycology? What poison oak looks like?

There is SO much more to these kinds of survival scenarios, should they come to pass, than these CHUDs could ever understand. I've read the SAS Survival Handbook while on the shitter, and done a couple of overnight solos, and I'd be totally hosed in anything resembling a survival scenario. At least I know that though, the prepper movement is a few competent people with thousands of followers who are just as ill-prepared as you or I, but under some sort of collective delusion that they have what it takes to rough it.

More likely they'll get jammed up on the highway with a thousand other armed dickheads with the same delusion, and shot or brained by a tire iron. Failing that, they will definitely die of exposure in the woods.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 15, 2022

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
most likely their dumb rear end fantasies will never happen and they will die in a home filled with unused ammunition and canned chicken

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
it really is the most noble thing you can do in such a scenario, to transform oneself into a loot crate

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Who the gently caress knows/uses semaphore anymore?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A handful of people in the navy. Probably.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Yeah, forums user The Admiral wouldn't have asked that question.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The General posted:

Who the gently caress knows/uses semaphore anymore?

Life guards on public beaches?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was also that thing not too long ago where a prepper got his house/compound broken into and ended up killing his own daughter instead of the intruder.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A whole lot of people think that everyone is as terrible as them.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

muscles like this! posted:

There was also that thing not too long ago where a prepper got his house/compound broken into and ended up killing his own daughter instead of the intruder.

And the guy who broke in was another prepper iirc

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Frank Frank posted:

So they were already just living out their fantasy doomsday where law and civility have collapsed.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Hide your wife hide your kids

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Frank Frank posted:

Unless there is a different prepper who did shoot his own daugher, I believe you are thinking of the republican C. Wesley Morgan. Dude spent a bunch of time spewing civil collapse bullshit during the Obama years and built a bunker.

quote:

In 2009, convinced that the presidency of Barack Obama would lead the country to social breakdown, civil war, and "roving bands of gangs", Morgan purchased 200 acres (81 ha) of land near Richmond and built a 14,300-square-foot (1,330 m2) house with nine bedrooms and three kitchens.[13] He built a 2,000-square-foot (190 m2) survival bunker 26 feet (7.9 m) below ground level, with a 39-inch (990 mm) thick ceiling and two tunnels.[6][14]

After his defeat in the 2020 U.S. Senate primary, Morgan decided to sell his house and leave Kentucky.[14] He listed his house for $6.5 million on Zillow. The listing went viral and attracted unwanted attention and criticism because of the underground survival bunker.[14] On the night of February 22, 2022, an intruder climbed to a second-floor balcony, broke into the house, and killed Morgan's 32-year-old daughter Jordan in her bed. The man then shot Morgan in the arm; Morgan returned fire with a pistol, but the intruder escaped. He was arrested several days later and charged with murder and attempted murder. The suspect was described as a former soldier with psychiatric problems who had intended to take control of the underground bunker.[6] Morgan's home is still up for sale at the same price of $6.5 million.

also relevant

quote:

Democratic legislators criticized Morgan for introducing bills that would have immunized drivers who hit protesters in roads and would have allowed teachers to carry guns at school.[6]

That bullshit rhetoric has lead to real harm. Dude may not have shot his daughter, but he definitely got her killed.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Mister Speaker posted:

Ok, so you've got some guns and a Jeep or some other such off-road vehicle, and a property... somewhere, off the grid.

<snip>

More likely they'll get jammed up on the highway with a thousand other armed dickheads with the same delusion, and shot or brained by a tire iron. Failing that, they will definitely die of exposure in the woods.

My only exposure to preppers is those shows but you’ve hit the nail on the head. They all seem so focussed on amassing an armoury, protecting theirs (family, property, stores), and survival is an afterthought.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They're still playing Army Men, but now they're the dolls action figures.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The Venn diagram of doomsday preppers and cosplaytriots is just one big circle.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

tyrelhill posted:

most likely their dumb rear end fantasies will never happen and they will die in a home filled with unused ammunition and canned chicken

this makes me wonder when we going to pass the critical point of estate sells where even gun nuts and the ATF buying firesales of other dead gun nuts is un sustainable because there's just tooo many guns and ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also reminder about bunker busting techs.

just pile a bunch of burning crap near their likely single entry/exit point. or if they actually have air intake pipes/vents, pile burning crap near the vents and their single entry/exit point.