Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

echinopsis posted:

also despite everything I said, it could never work out that I never meant to type ducking despite that never being appropriate

that’s not how your supposed to do it. if you want to do it right it’s supposed to look like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
does that make the system accept that gently caress is a word??

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

does that make the system accept that duck is a word??

yes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:monocle:

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

did anyone else set up this account recovery key and advanced data protection thing? i enabled it on my iphone yesterday, got all my devices updated, but settings on macos ventura keeps giving me an alert that i need to add a recovery contact and set a key, which doesn't make sense because i already did both of those things on my iphone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah i did once i had everything updated. just had to re-log into my other devices and haven't had any trouble. maybe try logging out then logging into your mac

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

i tried that and it seems to not be working. maybe i need just disable it across the board and set it all back up from my mac

e: turned it all off, set it back up from my macbook and the error is still there. probably just some kind of weird bug. hopefully it gets ironed out

Branch Nvidian fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 15, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

echinopsis posted:

no, that’s the thing that suggests words above the keyboard

the issue wild eeprom is talking about is the same one ruining the sanity of many people around the globe and that ruins my day too

yup. i turn off autocorrect on all apple devices because it constantly turns correctly spelled words or names into other things when i’m already five words down the sentence.

i turn it off on windows, too. windows is much more pervasive with their stupid predictive text which has multiple setting locations to disable typically.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

i had the advanced protection feature not want to activate on two of my three devices because it incorrectly said i had just added them

my iphone 14 wanted to make me wait until end of december and my laptop wanted to make me wait until february, but weirdly my ipad worked :iiam:

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

kitten smoothie posted:

i had the advanced protection feature not want to activate on two of my three devices because it incorrectly said i had just added them

my iphone 14 wanted to make me wait until end of december and my laptop wanted to make me wait until february, but weirdly my ipad worked :iiam:

thx timb

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had some free work monies, ordered the airpods3

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
the predictive keyboard is fine. its good even, it accurately predicts what i wanted probably 85% of the time

i've had autocorrect turned off since like ios 3 though. i tell computer what to do, not the other way around :argh:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i just got gud with the spacebar trackpad and dont mind fixing a word now and then

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
oh spell check is still on. i generally don't make many mistakes though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you just posted tho???

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

:supaburn:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

oh another shared whiteboard app for me to forget about

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i do not disable spell check, either, despite having no autocorrect. it’s handy to have even if i do not usually misspell words.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Last Chance posted:

that’s not how your supposed to do it. if you want to do it right it’s supposed to look like this

omg it works

i just typed fuxk and it corrected to gently caress

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if I put gave in there if it’d stop trying to make it into have

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

dream bigger, friends

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
i turned on advanced data protection, the macos settings page hung indefinitely (had to force quit settings) on the first try, my iphone told me i had to wait, but it worked from my laptop on the second try

also upgraded my homekit to matter, most things work but the house ipad could no longer show the home due to another shared one not being upgraded, but there was no other shared home

that ipad is signed into an apple id that belongs to the "family" and is part of our family sharing, with email address wifes_first_name.my_first_name.lastname@gmail.com, it was also signed in to a 1st-gen SE, so maybe the default home int he home app there left some stuff in icloud, did the special secret full homekit icloud wipe but still cant add it back to the home, the invitation never shows up on the ipad

went through a few layers of apple chat support, got to the point of them offering to call me, havent had time to do that yet

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Casual Encountess posted:

dream bigger, friends

you’re an inspiration

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

dream bigger, friends

king poo poo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

dream bigger, friends

the only text replacement i’ve ever had or will ever need

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Lysidas posted:

also upgraded my homekit to matter, most things work but the house ipad could no longer show the home due to another shared one not being upgraded, but there was no other shared home

went through a few layers of apple chat support, got to the point of them offering to call me, havent had time to do that yet

just spent half an hour on the phone with apple with them being able to view the ipad screen, they probably need to escalate this to engineering and will call me back on monday, lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

it just works! :)

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

tell timb we said hello

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
crapple

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
looks like msft doesn't have a monopoly anymore because with apple i also always wait for the first major patch now

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Cold on a Cob posted:

looks like msft doesn't have a monopoly anymore because with apple i also always wait for the first major patch now

this was 100% always wise with apple too

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
yeah I thought that was common wisdom for decades

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

nah mac os x 10.0 was solid and feature complete

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

carry on then posted:

nah mac os x 10.0 was solid and feature complete

douglas adams' last words :rip:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

more importantly it had glorious pinstripes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the mac os x public beta had an apple logo stuck in the middle of the menu bar and the menus flowed around it, I'm glad apple never did anything like that ever again

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

r u ready to WALK posted:

more importantly it had glorious pinstripes

excitingly chunky design philosophy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

haveblue posted:

the mac os x public beta had an apple logo stuck in the middle of the menu bar and the menus flowed around it, I'm glad apple never did anything like that ever again

the apple was just in the middle, the menubar was still left-pinned

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

excitingly chunky design philosophy

compared to all its contemporaries that were still using pixel art and gray bevels it looked amazingly advanced at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

the only text replacement i’ve ever had or will ever need

please tell us youve accidentally sent that