Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh no, my anime women with basketball size bazongas :ohdear:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh no, my anime women with basketball size bazongas :ohdear:

Good news, people still draw those. For free, even. They can’t be stopped

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Most of these guys think three dollars is a good price for wine

Ron is so furious about his bad wife

Ray doesn't know what he's talking about, but he also seems crazy to speak confidently about stumps

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Oh my god I forgot about The Latino Health Crisis. One of the best names I've ever seen.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

You can tell it’s a French comix because there’s some bare boobs in this comic about toothpaste tubes

On the one hand, national stereotypes. On the other, well yeah.

In this update of Alexandros, the spoils of war.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Tree Bucket posted:

Two years back I won my town's annual art competition with, basically, that. Everyone else did tasteful landscapes and I submitted a trio of pictures of life on Mercury Venus and Mars as imagined in the 1800s, all of which fit in this over-detailed scenery category. The Mercury scene was literally an Underground Base.
Anyway I won $1500. The judge, apparently, was sick of tasteful stuff and wanted some crazy.

...may I see it?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

My "not a perv" moustache, etc etc

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Taro rips apart the leaf glider, sending everyone tumbling towards the tower below! Our heroes land on a balcony, while Taro crashes into the building wall beneath! Taro reappears, climbing up, and our heroes weigh their options!

José Eleganté and the Mambo City of Madness

But my friends call me Elegant José

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Holy gently caress, and it’s not even my birthday.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The Great Outdoor Fight if it had been drawn by Escher

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

:popclap:

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Fukkin' holey wow momma

The Great Outdoor Fractal

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~

You're the best, Tree Bucket :hfive:

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Holy poo poo, and, indeed, piss.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

:justpost:

i used to autofollow my friend in online games when I'd get bored. it'd piss him off and he was a master of getting my character stuck in hosed up ways.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tree Bucket posted:

:holymoley:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Sleve McDichael posted:

You're the best, Tree Bucket :hfive:

Aw heck yeah!
I appreciate the expression on the dog face icon.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

has the k6bd guy said when the comic will end?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

ChubbyChecker posted:

has the k6bd guy said when the comic will end?

It's on its last book now I think. Chances are that it will finish next year I believe. It may well have finished earlier, but he had to stop posting it because his wife got very ill.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's no stranger to time blowouts, like it was supposed to end now but he just kept drawing. Realistically I'd say 2-3 years.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

:tipshat:

i had been aware of the comic for years, but i hadn't started it on purpose because i didn't want to start another slow plot driven thing. finished reading it yesterday, so it's good to hear that it's at least near the finish line

unless i just jinxed it

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Yeah the current part of KSBD is supposed to be the last part, and the most recent updates feel like a real "we're about to kick off the finale" kind of moment. I'm hoping that the comic will finish before my posts catch up with it, but we'll see. Part of why I'm trying to limit myself to fewer pages

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt text: Kill six billion demons - fine purveyor of Angel rear end shots

quote:

“Let us cut God to see if he bleeds!”

-Slogan of the Belligerent Knights

Alt text: Feast! Maggots of the Divine Corpse!

quote:

Pree Aesma was YISUN’s thirty second student, after Hansa died. She was rather small, and unlike the burnished cynicism of Hansa harbored only a brutal ambition and a tendency to fly into rages which reddened and contorted her delicate face. Nevertheless, YISUN found her brash manner somewhat refreshing.

One day, as YISUN and Aesma were skipping stones, Aesma tore at her clothes and ran about quite wildly, then asked YISUN quite brazenly, ‘What is the principle exercise of life, oh father and mother?’

YISUN skipped a stone through fifteen quantum states. It became a small, bright bird, and then a flame. YISUN then said, quite plainly, ‘Violence. Your selfish ego proclaims sovereign and self-severs from the omnipotent umblical. Your homeostasis offends entropy.’

‘What does that mean, then?’ said Aesma, discontent, not understanding the least what YISUN was saying, stamping her feet.

“Plainly, the only true peace is in unbeing,” said YISUN.

“Well that’s pointless!” said Aesma, fuming.

“Yes,” said YISUN, “It is fantastically boring.”

Alt text: Giving new meaning to the phrase 'body boarding'

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah the current part of KSBD is supposed to be the last part, and the most recent updates feel like a real "we're about to kick off the finale" kind of moment. I'm hoping that the comic will finish before my posts catch up with it, but we'll see. Part of why I'm trying to limit myself to fewer pages

k6bd works better with more pages at once, and reading it for years when it uploaded in real time sounds like the worst possible way to read it

iirc the artist even said something like that on the site

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

ChubbyChecker posted:

k6bd works better with more pages at once, and reading it for years when it uploaded in real time sounds like the worst possible way to read it

That's pretty much the eternal struggle of webcomic authors. The compromise between working for archival readers and update readers (there's probably a better term there). A body of work should be at its best when read as one piece, but while it's being made it has to move quickly enough to keep people following. Can't spend too much time providing exposition because regular readers will get bored, can't spend too little time on it because archival readers will be too confused

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

ChubbyChecker posted:

Yeah the enthusiasm of the SA thread on it makes me want to keep up with it weekly but the huge scale of every scene means that a lot can be lost watching page by page.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: As Joost (sometimes known as Elegant Jose) walks through the tower door, a chained collar wraps itself around his neck and shoulders, and he finds himself yanked into the air, smack in the middle of Mambo City! Taro welcomes him to the naked slave playing-with-handcuffs party in his dungeon, which he is excited about because he hasn't done one for 300 years!

Read right to left:

Chapter 33 - Select Tomorrow and Go To Chapter 1

I was really torn between this and "CEO... BEHEADING!"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

LAST TIME ON BACK

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So much gravitas!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Is there a character list for BACK anywhere? I looked a bit at the comic's website but didn't see one. I can keep up with the visuals pretty well, but I'm very bad at remembering names if they're not mentioned all the time in longrunning stuff like this.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

So that's where it went

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Captain Hygiene posted:

Is there a character list for BACK anywhere? I looked a bit at the comic's website but didn't see one. I can keep up with the visuals pretty well, but I'm very bad at remembering names if they're not mentioned all the time in longrunning stuff like this.

So that's not annoying to do? I know people IRL don't say each other's names very often, but I feel like you have to keep it going.

I've also forgotten my own characters names before, so I am always SHOCKED when someone else remembers one of their names.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

So that's not annoying to do? I know people IRL don't say each other's names very often, but I feel like you have to keep it going.

I've also forgotten my own characters names before, so I am always SHOCKED when someone else remembers one of their names.

I dunno exactly, it does feel different than real life conversations but I think you're right that it's more necessary in writing, and I appreciate it because I have a terrible memory for stuff like that. I don't do any fiction writing myself, though, so I'm not sure what level of it feels the most useful/natural.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

It's one of those conventions of fiction that exploits a mental blindspot. Kind of like how the word "said" is essentially invisible to readers. Even though people don't necessarily say each other's names much in actual real life conversations, a reader is never going to think twice about it. If they notice it at all they'll just think the characters are fairly intimate, either as friends or enemies, which gives the story and relationships more weight. It also makes it easier for the reader to remember the characters and bond with them. It might not be as important with webcomics because the visuals should make it pretty easy to convey who's talking to who, but it does still have other value

Heck, you can even kind of take it to some extremes and it may still work well. Like I was playing Trails of Cold Steel 3+4 recently and I got a huge kick out of the fact that pretty much every single character of any importance also had some kind of codename/title that other characters would drop either alongside their name or instead of it. "Vita Clotilde, the Azure Abyss," "If we've got the Golden Rakshasa backing us up, there's no way we can lose," etc, etc. Some people might find that kind of stuff really annoying but I loving love it