Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

:tfrxmas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I'm looking forward to my Santee receiving things that I promised are not just me shipping around whatever old-rear end tech I have sitting around

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I got mine and I'm posting pictures soon once I get it framed.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I got a package!! It was labeled FRAGILE

What is it?

oh boy oh boy

It's a Smiths shirt!! Unironically one of my favorite bands of all time, respect.

Thanks Santa!!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

oh hold up there were some things inside the shirt.

BLAM!!!

what a haul

Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
Falco - Rock Me Amadeus!!!!!!!
Alphaville - Big in Japan
ATR - Burn Berlin Burn double LP!!!

:worship:

Thank you obeyasia!!!!!

Dans Macabre fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 22, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat nice vinyl haul!!!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
sledgehammer single :prepop:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:nice:

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thank you secret goondah. I got it framed ASAP.

https://imgur.com/z0AlYwM

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."

obeyasia posted:

That's AWESOME!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

obeyasia posted:

nice

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

obeyasia posted:

holy poo poo this owns

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

excellent

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

obeyasia posted:

i have no idea now if i ever put my forums name on the order lmao

anyway glad you like it :)

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

i have no idea now if i ever put my forums name on the order lmao

anyway glad you like it :)

I do! The artist has another Hackers design I've already ordered.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
all right I got everything together and it’s going out tomorrow :angel:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

same

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
also I’ve gotten a whole whack of shipping updates this week so things are gonna get even more spicy soon methinks.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
Got my yosmass package today from raej!

Love the shirts! Thanks! I plan to give the bourbon a taste maybe later tonight, and the french fry seasoning will get used now that I have an air fryer to make home fries. I'll see if I can post a trip report on everything and the robot kit too after the tiny one gets a chance to lose all the pieces.

Thank you so much raej!

*edit* there's also a bag off coffee in there from a local roaster. Even the 8oz bags of coffee beans are bigger in Texas! (haw haw)

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 23, 2022

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
sweet haul!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: attn Raej :siren: you also have items in your package that mean it ought to be opened asap!!

raej
Sep 25, 2003

CrazyLittle posted:

Love the shirts! Thanks! I plan to give the bourbon a taste maybe later tonight, and the french fry seasoning will get used now that I have an air fryer to make home fries. I'll see if I can post a trip report on everything and the robot kit too after the tiny one gets a chance to lose all the pieces.

Thank you so much raej!

*edit* there's also a bag off coffee in there from a local roaster. Even the 8oz bags of coffee beans are bigger in Texas! (haw haw)

Merry Christmas!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

:siren: attn Raej :siren: you also have items in your package that mean it ought to be opened asap!!

Good to know!

raej fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 23, 2022

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

raej posted:

Merry Christmas!
sipping on that bourbon right now. Not bad! it's got a nice flavor to it.

invlwhen
Jul 28, 2012

please do your best

CrazyLittle posted:

Thank you so much raej!

fckgw will never not get a hearty chuckle

sharpie that poo poo on a cdr

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

invlwhen posted:

fckgw will never not get a hearty chuckle

sharpie that poo poo on a cdr car

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lmao the loving windows shirt amazing

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

CrazyLittle posted:

Thank you so much raej!

oh wow those deconstructed prints :eyepop:

I looked at this thread thinking "I should have done this" and now I'm like "I would have sucked at this"

e: next year maybe

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

welp we had that ice storm you probably saw on tiktok and i went to day but it closed at 2:00 so it's going out tuesday sorry santee!

raej
Sep 25, 2003

Yosmas has arrived!

Thank you, KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD! The cheese is set out and stinkying up right now, and I can't wait to plug in the Apple TV!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
cheese and apple is a good combo, op.

in other news my package has been snedded

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

raej posted:

Thank you, KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD! The cheese is set out and stinkying up right now, and I can't wait to plug in the Apple TV!

Sure it shouldn't be the other way around?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Package received! Pics incoming! Santa, these pics will not have your notes on them.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

From my mysterious Santa, I have received the following bounty:

A kickass floppy disk notebook!

Funny enough, I use a superdisk for actual backups of critical note repositories that I manage with mercurial, but I unfortunately do not have any actual floppies at home.

Superdisks are nice because you can actually eject them! Modern usb sticks buffer their writes so I never feel like it's safe to unplug them until a minute after my computer says it's ok or until the disk activity LEDs stop blinking.

At least with a notebook, the only buffer is between the mind and the pen.

Meditations, by Marcus Aurelius. At 170 pages, this feels like a paperback that I can quickly skim over a few hours to get the gist of it, and then keep referencing the cool parts of it for the rest of my life or until I gift it to an intern or something when I'm on my deathbed (likely a cot next to my posting station). From what I've read of it so far, each paragraph could be a prompt that could inspire a journal entry in the floppy disk book. The latest sentence that struck me was "Care for other human beings. Follow God." Timeless.

The Soul of a New Machine, by Tracy Kidder. It's really amazing to think about how much good poo poo was written so long ago. The seminal work of true software engineering, The Mythical Man Month by Fred Brooks, was written in 1975. But whereas the latter contains advice, it feels like the former will probably contain the stories that fuel that kind of advice.

This is all gold. Complete gold. Books like these are the only things that keep me sane. Books and anime.

Thank you, Santa! Please feel free to unmask yourself if you like.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

raej posted:

Yosmas has arrived!

glad it got there safe! enjoy!! (ps highly recommend Infuse on the fruittv)

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
death in the family screwed up my holiday timeline but mine is going out by friday. very sorry santee but maybe appreciate this opportunity to extend your christmas cheer into january :D

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
nevergirls went wild and sent art, spices, a valuable life book, gold, and a mythic yostop. the only files I’ve found in my limited scan were my lepers colony history and a letter from nevergirls which I will post later once I trust connecting this mystery laptop to my network.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i am still waiting for my new debit card so mine's gonna be a little late too. i think its just the postal strikes but im gonna call my bank if this poo poo keeps up

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
cool Crimson picture

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i love this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang