Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Droogie posted:

Guys, look, I'm gonna be real bummed if I get the short end of the SASS stick again this year (this not a dig at Cone of Tragedy, I've never known someone to absolutely make it right like that).

But that said, I think I get the most enjoyment from GIVING gifts.

So I hope you've sent your santee something already. It's SASSMAS this weekend!

I know I've sent out a gift this year....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw9j5RGfwz8

:ohdearsass:

Edit: also, uh-oh

I'm sticking this under the tree until Christmas. I hope I'm safe until then.

Spiderjelly fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Spiderjelly posted:

:ohdearsass:

Edit: also, uh-oh

I'm sticking this under the tree until Christmas. I hope I'm safe until then.

Hey hey!

It's not like, also leaking red liquid out of it, is it?

I hope not because containment is key

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I played a bad game of “waiting for something to arrive brinkmanship” so my Santee will likely get their first package after Xmas Day. And it still didn’t arrive so I’ll have to send the rest of it in the new year. :negative:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Santa came!

I got some goodies from Florida to try out!

Thanks Santa!!

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Ulillinguist posted:

So many handsome cats in this thread!

Oh my goodness, hello again! I've never seen a Moravian, but I remember their cookies and mints you sent were dipped in my coffee every morning. The candle I still have and never burned, lol.

I'm so sorry for your many losses as well. And I want to thank you for the beautiful and delightful gifts! and the ornaments are still on my annual tree. :keke:

I’m glad you enjoyed everything (and are still enjoying some of the things)!

Also, introducing my newest delightful catte/soon-to-be SASS Assistant Cheer Recipient:
https://imgur.com/gallery/J8wPnns

Edit: Also, if anyone is willing to help this ancient goon get the direct image code to work on an aging iPhone, thanks in advance. I can never get image embeds to work for me these days.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Ars Arcanum posted:

I’m glad you enjoyed everything (and are still enjoying some of the things)!

Also, introducing my newest delightful catte/soon-to-be SASS Assistant Cheer Recipient:
https://imgur.com/gallery/J8wPnns

Edit: Also, if anyone is willing to help this ancient goon get the direct image code to work on an aging iPhone, thanks in advance. I can never get image embeds to work for me these days.

I think you can only get bbcode from imgur on the desktop site, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Spiderjelly posted:

I think you can only get bbcode from imgur on the desktop site, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

I think you’re right, and I’m just making myself nuts attempting to do it on my phone.

I’ll have to fire up Ye Olde laptop or desktop once Santa arrives.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

Ars Arcanum posted:

I think you’re right, and I’m just making myself nuts attempting to do it on my phone.

I’ll have to fire up Ye Olde laptop or desktop once Santa arrives.

what i do is:
-get the album link from the imgur app
-paste in chrome
-hold down on image, 'open in new tab'
-copy link from search bar (looks like i.imgur or something instead up imgur.com/a )
-use with [ img]

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

barclayed posted:

what i do is:
-get the album link from the imgur app
-paste in chrome
-hold down on image, 'open in new tab'
-copy link from search bar (looks like i.imgur or something instead up imgur.com/a )
-use with [ img]

Thank you, friend!

Also, my Santee’s gift is away!

Also, holy crap shipping fees were nuts. Like, I drat near took my big but lightweight box home to split it up so I could first class or priority mail it…but it still would have been crazy (I opted to eat the 10-15 I might have saved just to avoid delaying my Santee’s gift further).

Doubley appreciating my Santa’s gift in advance based on shipping alone!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Awwww yeah. Got a tracking number from Santa. God I hope it's small, non-sequential, unmarked bills.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Literally A Person posted:

Awwww yeah. Got a tracking number from Santa. God I hope it's small, non-sequential, unmarked bills.

I sent you anthrax cookies. You're not my Santee, but 'tis the season!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Spiderjelly posted:

I sent you anthrax cookies. You're not my Santee, but 'tis the season!

This powdered sugar tastes like shi-

....oh.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Which one of ya’ll sent me 3D printed Kirby with feet? There wasn’t a note or a name on the return address. :ohdearsass:

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I have heard from my Santa at last!

I sent my package to my Santee yesterday, it won’t arrive by Christmas because of aforementioned late package from nameless but very cool charity, I hope it brings you joy though!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Miracle? Santa woke up! Hungover or more likely still drunk, but contact was made and I provisionally take back all the nasty things I said.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Droogie posted:

Miracle? Santa woke up! Hungover or more likely still drunk, but contact was made and I provisionally take back all the nasty things I said.

noel af

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Jewish Santa came!!

And with a wonderful motley assortment of some really thoughtful tchotchkes that brought a smile to my face during an otherwise difficult time of year. There are BEES (or at least BEE SEEDS), a slide whistle to terrorize my neighbors, two handmade "Shabbat candle cozies" that I can’t imagine are fire-retardant BUT I will use with my LED tealights, a wooden cat painted to look like my own tiny fur demon, chocolate coins from around the world, a Steven Universe button, some tiny erasers and other little tchotchkes (I love tchotchkes) and the pièce de résistance: a clearly handmade DINOSAUR MENORAH.

There was a lot of thought and love and attention to detail put into this and I really appreciate it--thanks, Jewish Santa Cone of Tragedy! <3

Here is real tiny fur demon examining wooden fur demon:

Edit: Seventeen years on this dumb forum and I still don't know how to include properly-sized images in posts

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I got a box of fun. All the way from the good old US of A. Box has got quite some heft to it and I when I first received it I wondered how much this Goon must have spent getting it to me. Then I looked at the postage costs on the package and I think they spent more on postage than I have in presents for everyone this year. GOD SPEED TO YOU GOOD GOON SIR!!.

So what do we have inside the box. (please ignore the state of my carpet in these photos. I have 2 cats and a 3 year old. Nothing remains clean for longer than 2.7 minutes.)

Oh hey, we have snacks and wrapped presents. All of the kinds of things that we cannot get over here. My wife is specially interested in the Honey Cornbread and is wanting us to make that as soon as possible. We are having several friends over for New Year so I shall be looking forward to sharing these snacks out to all of them.

Inside the Llama package we find...

A mini Atari player. I love this kind of thing. This takes me back to my youth in several ways. Not only because I used to play these games when I was younger but it also reminds me of playing the Game & Watch games from that era. A simple LCD display, but now we have something the same size with full colour and playing the games that required a console and TV. I adore this item.

But onto the next one.

It's Bubble Wrap. Hell Yes. I can get hours of popping fun with this. How did you know good Santa. But in seriousness.

It's this amazing plate, well what I thought was a plate. In the letter that the good Goon gave to me I have been informed that this is a Vide Poche. I think that's a fancy term for plate. My original thought was how did this Santa find such a thing in the SA colours. Well, it's easy to find the plate Vide Poche when you make it all yourself. They even attached a file of how they made it which is supremely awesome.

Never have I wanted to get my own Kiln so much.

So here is the haul in total.

Thank you ever so much for this, it is absolutely amazing and I am humbled by your talent. I love it and I am glad to be a part of SASSmas once again. Everyone here is why this site is still something special.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Miz Kriss posted:

Which one of ya’ll sent me 3D printed Kirby with feet? There wasn’t a note or a name on the return address. :ohdearsass:

That was me. I can't believe I forgot the note!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Canned Panda posted:

That was me. I can't believe I forgot the note!

That's why you always leave a note.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Miz Kriss posted:

This is disturbing and I love it.

DC to Daylight
Feb 13, 2012

I'm so glad you liked the SASSmas haul. And that it made it across the Atlantic safe and on time.

I was gobsmacked by how much postage to the UK was. On the plus side, the weight and dimensions were such that priority mail was the same price as normal service - 4 days in transit ain't too shabby.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Subjunctive posted:

Thank you to DeadMansSuspenders for a lovely gift package, including a book I’ll use to introduce my kids to The Far Side (and maybe Cthulhu). There were also some delicious chocolates that one of the kids disappeared with before I could take a picture (but at least she saved one for me).

Very grateful for the thoughtfulness! LMK if you’re ever up here in Toronto!

(Apologies for the delay in posting!)
Woo hoo! Happy to spread some holiday cheer!

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

That's beautiful! What an awesome gift.

DC to Daylight
Feb 13, 2012

Bollock Monkey posted:

That's beautiful! What an awesome gift.

Thank you very much. I thought the yellow and black color scheme was appropriate for SASS.

For the past year or so I've been having a lot of fun with hot glass and documenting the meandering journey towards success over in HCH, if you're interested.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

It really is quite stunning to see in person and incredibly well made.

I would have not had any idea that this was made with someone's home Kiln.

I now need to decide what I'm going to use it for.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"

Tree Bucket posted:

What's this in the mail? A weird art book based on an obscure forgotten war, filled with rail maps, architectural drawings and painstakingly-drawn steamships?
SECRET SANTA THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUU
It's one of those presents that is so Me that I'm now wondering if my santa knows me irl???

Hey, that took way less to arrive than expected!
While this year I had to outsource the gift giving to Amazon, I still tried to give it a local flavour so I picked stuff based on local history, and that's basically our most important war after independence. I'm so glad you like it and just fyi there are 2 more books on your way.
Merry Christmas santee.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
Well, now that I'm here knowing that my santee is getting his gifts and I'm checking the tracking number my santa sent me every five minutes, guess it's a good time for a pet roll call.
Last year (as I posted in that SASS thread) I lost my cat Chiqui. it's been a year and I still miss her way too much.

Since I was alone as my parents started taking care of my other cat when she got sick, a couple of months later I took in 2 of theirs

Here is Cleo. While she likes people well enough on her terms, she hates other cats. The only cat she liked was Chiqui and otherwise she's just a bit crazy.

And here's Marilyn. She is the sweetest cat ever. You can pick her, carry her around, LOVES belly scratches and she does this thing when I'm sitting at my desk where she sits on the floor, looks at me meowing softly until I pet her and let her jump on my lap where she goes to sleep.

And my parents cats

Florence a chill cat, who just does her thing.

And Olive the one they took in. And insane screaming idiot but a loving one.

Also their dog Chico protecting Christmas

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I can’t find the receipt with the tracking number for my santee, dammit. Why didn’t I take a picture of it like I usually do? I may never know.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Subjunctive posted:

I may never know.

(struggles to remember grammar terms)
Post... username... combo...??

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
Stay warm, sass goons

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Who wants to send the kid a box of CASHOLA?

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Spiderjelly posted:

Stay warm, sass goons

Surprise Santa told me they are in the path of the frigid cold. I can't imagine these temperatures.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

nom epique posted:

Who wants to send the kid a box of CASHOLA?

If I was your Santa you'd open up your present on Xmas Eve and it'd be a full cubic foot of stir-fry. Then, a knock at the door. Who could it be? Oh! It's the haters and clout chasers I hired to sing you carols.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
what's this? some sort of Macintosh computing product? how lovely!

it seems to have all the latest appurtenances... XYNTA keyboard, power button, SPACE!!! bar:

do not click on this link. you already know what's on the screen of this genuine P-p-p-powerbook:
https://i.imgur.com/BqM0KtV.jpg

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
now all the stuff that was on top of the genuine Apple brand computer laptop device:

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Santee:
- I will mail you some lovely heartwarming Irish stuff (and bees! BEEEEEEEEEES!!!!)

you did it! you crazy bastard!

holy poo poo what a large box from the country of my patriliny:

a note and so many things:

candy!

oh poo poo! stuff from not just the country of my ancestors but the county:

this little fellow:

the mug didn't make it but good news -- a lot of the pottery I make involves broken pottery:

thank you so much... an incredibly generous bounty. I'm looking forward to reading about Cork and then letting my father read about Cork. I've already got the photo propped up somewhere in advance of framing. one of my children shortstopped the candy but I'm going to heist it back for Christmas day.

thank you!

fake edit -- I just remembered to photograph the card (it is a Transformer):

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Empty Sandwich posted:

what's this? some sort of Macintosh computing product? how lovely!

it seems to have all the latest appurtenances... XYNTA keyboard, power button, SPACE!!! bar:

do not click on this link. you already know what's on the screen of this genuine P-p-p-powerbook:
https://i.imgur.com/BqM0KtV.jpg

Empty Sandwich posted:

now all the stuff that was on top of the genuine Apple brand computer laptop device:

you did it! you crazy bastard!

holy poo poo what a large box from the country of my patriliny:

a note and so many things:

candy!

oh poo poo! stuff from not just the country of my ancestors but the county:

this little fellow:

the mug didn't make it but good news -- a lot of the pottery I make involves broken pottery:

thank you so much... an incredibly generous bounty. I'm looking forward to reading about Cork and then letting my father read about Cork. I've already got the photo propped up somewhere in advance of framing. one of my children shortstopped the candy but I'm going to heist it back for Christmas day.

thank you!

fake edit -- I just remembered to photograph the card (it is a Transformer):

:peanut: that everything made it and that you got the P-P-P-Powerbook reference (goonhusband was worried you wouldn't) but also :smith: that the BEES mug didn't make it intact. Lesson learned about bubble wrap, everyone: no matter how much you use, you need more. Always use more bubble wrap.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Frickin' lost my power three times today but I'm still enjoying this thread.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Santa came! But I’m going to be a good little goon and wait til Christmas to open it

(also I work in a grocery store, and I’m exhausted af)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Santa came twice!
I got LadyPictureSnow last year AND this year! What’re the odds!

Napoleon inspecting the package.

Everything must go through the lab for inspecting. Is that small hexagonal package a doggo gift?

No. Creepy baby reindeer ornament!

A holographic magnet from a local in the Richmond area

Bee ornaments! 🐝 I was assured no bees were harmed in the making of these ornaments

It was when I opened the scarf that I figured I had the same Santa or it was one hell of a coincidence. Scarf pictured with the handmade hat from last year 💕🥶today was the perfect day for them cause it’s been like -2° not including the windchill

Jack-o’s!

A Buffalo bills tote and some cute stickers.

Thank you so much LadyPictureSnow! Another great SASS with a great Santa!