Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
I downloaded the new torrent a couple days ago and got excellent speeds. I'm currently uploading all of the episodes to my mega account, so for those of you that are having trouble downloading the torrent... just hold tight. It should be done uploading tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thanks for the new release!

Narushima
Mar 2, 2013

MayOrMayNotBeACat posted:

this also seems to be heading towards being dead.

I created it, and it certainly isn't dying any time soon, you're just being impatient. I was seeding it at some point at over 20 Mb/s.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

joem83 posted:

I downloaded the new torrent a couple days ago and got excellent speeds. I'm currently uploading all of the episodes to my mega account, so for those of you that are having trouble downloading the torrent... just hold tight. It should be done uploading tomorrow.

Thank you for your service for those of us who are having trouble/can't torrent. :patriot:

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#P!AgCKwnBJosuRCdBr413ms21OSN6blK6AsHBBuhwrRjLc2onxC6JNU-Dlb6U8elSDER1vXVvIVFt58JgSASHYBudT-y2-6CuympwsUBPzSPq_lwZ9qHQXVA

pw: Ganbare, Arino!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Thanks a bunch for this! Are all of them supposed to be subbed because the first two I downloaded (Resident Evil and House of the Dead) don't have any.

And I'm so bummed that Dragon's Lair isn't the animated version.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 13, 2022

Narushima
Mar 2, 2013

Jubs posted:

Thanks a bunch for this! Are all of them supposed to be subbed because the first two I downloaded (Resident Evil and House of the Dead) don't have any.

You've ironically picked two of the very few that do not have burned-in subtitles, but they are there. You just have to turn them on in your player.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/CanyonGoose/status/1595742429839122433?s=20&t=TkF5Ji5BYLs67TVPl63EAg

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:fddad4402836e2e3e3597ec29f097dc4397f7d07&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20327%20-%20Getsu%20Fuma%20Den%20%5BGooseCanyon%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks for sharing.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
The King's comment at the start of the episode is translated, "Last name: Getsu. First name: Fuma." But isn't that the normal reading order for names in Japanese? Why did he say that?

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thank you for the new release, it was extremely enjoyable!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Finally getting around to watching Getsu Fuma and I swear his sword swinging animation is the same as Leonardo's from the NES TMNT game, also developed by Konami and released two years later.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

thanks for the new release and magnet link!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/LSKachoSubs/status/1597729397498576897?s=20&t=-yp4lrvoA9Thwdck_6SPhg

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:cffc8750e3ee1f143e910bc729303b7083e9fc05&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20Green%20Edition%20Blu-Ray%20Bonus%20Challenge%20-%20Ghosts%20%27n%20Goblins%20Revenge%20Challenge%20%5BLocationScouts%5D.mkv&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

There's something that seems so right about Arino clearing a challenge by way of save state abuse.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Season 26: Episode 14 (#350) "A Mario game" premieres on Thursday, December 8th.

I wonder what it'll be? Maybe Sunshine?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

joem83 posted:

Season 26: Episode 14 (#350) "A Mario game" premieres on Thursday, December 8th.

Hotel Mario at last!

Mario Sunshine is the likely bet, but I wouldn't say no to Mario Kart 64

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Hotel Mario at last!

Mario Sunshine is the likely bet, but I wouldn't say no to Mario Kart 64

It's never the likely bet.

Dance Dance Revolution with Mario next week.
Dance battle versus the staff at the end.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

joem83 posted:

Maybe Sunshine?

Please not another クソゲー.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Rude!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

joem83 posted:

Luigi's Mansion?

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Please not another クソゲー.

Is that "poo poo game"? My phone translated it to loving game, lol.

Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart 64 could be cool, but I'm rooting for Sunshine. Maybe they'll go big for the 350th episode! Or maybe it'll be Mario Hotel, or Mario is Missing. Or DDR Mario version. You definitely never know with this show.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

joem83 posted:

Is that "poo poo game"? My phone translated it to loving game, lol.

Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart 64 could be cool, but I'm rooting for Sunshine. Maybe they'll go big for the 350th episode! Or maybe it'll be Mario Hotel, or Mario is Missing. Or DDR Mario version. You definitely never know with this show.

Yeah. くそ kuso means like poo poo or crap. And ゲー is from ゲーム (game).

How long does Sunshine actually take to beat for a normal playthrough?

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

This is awesome, thank you!

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Yeah. くそ kuso means like poo poo or crap. And ゲー is from ゲーム (game).

How long does Sunshine actually take to beat for a normal playthrough?

Kuso is quite the versatile word, I thought it just meant "drat" or "drat it" but thinking back I remember seeing it translated as poo poo in the old episodes. I replayed Sunshine recently when they put it on the Switch, but I don't remember. Google says about 15-16 hours and I think that sounds about right, it would definitely be a 2 part episode.

Orchestrated Mess posted:

This is awesome, thank you!

You're welcome!

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thanks for the newest quick bite!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

joem83 posted:

Kuso is quite the versatile word, I thought it just meant "drat" or "drat it" but thinking back I remember seeing it translated as poo poo in the old episodes. I replayed Sunshine recently when they put it on the Switch, but I don't remember. Google says about 15-16 hours and I think that sounds about right, it would definitely be a 2 part episode.

It literally means poop and it's used as an expletive, but it's a lot milder than "poo poo". I recall in one episode Arino goes "kuso" in front of some kids and I switched the "poo poo" in the script for "crap" since I felt it was giving the wrong impression in the scene, though zari-gani disagreed strongly with that feeling that I made it more nasty. (Not trying to stir anything up on this: language is vague, people interpret phrases differently, and there isn't a right or wrong option. This was a situation where zari was the translator and scriptwriter while I was the editor and sometimes there are going to be disagreements there.)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Random Stranger posted:

It literally means poop and it's used as an expletive, but it's a lot milder than "poo poo". I recall in one episode Arino goes "kuso" in front of some kids and I switched the "poo poo" in the script for "crap" since I felt it was giving the wrong impression in the scene, though zari-gani disagreed strongly with that feeling that I made it more nasty. (Not trying to stir anything up on this: language is vague, people interpret phrases differently, and there isn't a right or wrong option. This was a situation where zari was the translator and scriptwriter while I was the editor and sometimes there are going to be disagreements there.)

Correction: I didn't write it as "sh*t" (I NEVER use that word in my scripts, and don't think "kuso" should ever be translated as that unless being said by a tough/vulgar character like a yakuza gangster). I wrote it as "dammit." I generally don't like using swear words, and I consider "crap" to be a stronger swear word than "dammit." I remember it didn't feel right to me seeing Arino using that word in front of kids and it felt really jarring, and you felt the opposite way.

A lot of people translate "kusoge" as "sh*tty game" but I translate it as "crap game."

(Please no debate over whether "crap" is stronger than "dammit" or not -- I've been through it and the conclusion is it's all subjective)

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 1, 2022

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Correction: I didn't write it as "sh*t" (I NEVER use that word in my scripts, and don't think "kuso" should ever be translated as that unless being said by a tough/vulgar character like a yakuza gangster). I wrote it as "dammit." I generally don't like using swear words, and I consider "crap" to be a stronger swear word than "dammit." I remember it didn't feel right to me seeing Arino using that word in front of kids and it felt really jarring, and you felt the opposite way.

A lot of people translate "kusoge" as "sh*tty game" but I translate it as "crap game."

(Please no debate over whether "crap" is stronger than "dammit" or not -- I've been through it and the conclusion is it's all subjective)

I will trust zari's memory over mine. And in retrospect, it probably was a bit harsh.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

TheMcD posted:

There's something that seems so right about Arino clearing a challenge by way of save state abuse.

It was truly a delightfully shameful bonus feature.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

joem83 posted:

It'll be Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix which I imagine wasn't on anyone's list.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Kakaricho posted:

It's never the likely bet.

Dance Dance Revolution with Mario next week.
Dance battle versus the staff at the end.

Kanfy posted:

It'll be Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix which I imagine wasn't on anyone's list.

I thought Kakaricho was just making a joke, lol. I didn't even know that was a real thing. It should be entertaining but I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping for the classic 2 day Arino-gets-owned-by-a-Mario-game type of experience.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

joem83 posted:

I thought Kakaricho was just making a joke, lol. I didn't even know that was a real thing.

I thought I was shadow banned or something, one visit to the show's site proves it.

manganese
Jul 23, 2022

Kakaricho posted:

I thought I was shadow banned or something, one visit to the show's site proves it.

For those unaware, the way you can find out early about the upcoming episodes are two-fold.

First, the next episode to air is teased by the text at the end of the current episode with an abstract hint. For those so-inclined, the GCCX pastebin, which I won't link here, adds a translation of that hint to its episode list as a tentative placeholder for the upcoming episode soon after the hint has had its premiere broadcast.

However, the show's official Japanese website will reveal the game to be challenged in the forthcoming episode, one week ahead of broadcast. You can browse the broadcast schedule for new episodes (as well as repeat broadcasts of episodes from within the current season/year).

Closer to the broadcast date, the show's official twitter will also share posts that announce the upcoming episode's challenge game once it's been revealed on the official site. Although Twitter is in a somewhat precarious situation at the moment so your mileage may vary.

manganese fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 3, 2022

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

manganese posted:

For those unaware, the way you can find out early about the upcoming episodes are

Go to the offical site on Thursday, 10 AM JST the week before an episode is scheduled to air, or wait for the official Twitter account to post it a short while later.

(Simplified version)

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
It really IS Dance Dance Revolution with MARIO. OMG.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The December 24th livestream ended a while back, highlights.

- The GCCX Museum will be touring again, reflecting on 19 years of the show under the name CXPO (pronounced Sexpo, thanks Arino.)

https://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/221213111/

- AXX, Kibe's band from the second KBBX episode is getting a debut release in March

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSGAYiriyZg

- Follow-up reflection stream scheduled for December 27th.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

- The GCCX Museum will be touring again, reflecting on 19 years of the show under the name CXPO (pronounced Sexpo, thanks Arino.)

https://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/221213111/

Nice, there's actually a small chance that I'll be traveling in Sendai to catch this, hoping late April is more like from mid-April.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Getting caught up on GCCX over the holidays. The explanation/drawings of the Batman origin story is loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

Lifespan posted:

Getting caught up on GCCX over the holidays. The explanation/drawings of the Batman origin story is loving hilarious.