Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i use lutris so i can launch my launchers from a launcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lmao death stranding is not worth epic

you cannot complain about your financial situation ever again if you’re dumb enough to refuse to take a free game through a subpar game launcher over forking $30-$60 over to Gabe for it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jesus loving Christ

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I already have it, and it runs like poo poo on my PC since it's right below the requirements. every time I run it zeros my last settings so I have to spend 5 minutes tweaking everything again so it runs at like 40fps

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lmao death stranding is not worth epic

i collect all epic freebies and then never play them

:devil:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm looking forward to revisiting death stranding in whatever future I get a better pc

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

I don't even have anything to play it on and I claimed. that game was a loving mood

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

shitface posted:

I don't even have anything to play it on and I claimed. that game was a loving mood

I made it to where the oil fills the whole forest, and it was loving up my whole poo poo at like 30 fps and input lag

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i need more launchers

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

distortion park posted:

it's not for buying stuff, it's a free game distribution app

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i reluctantly created a steam account in ~2008 to play orange box and since then i've bought a whole bunch of stuff including games that have now been delisted that i can still download and play any time i want

steam will probably be around in another 10 or 20 years. i'm not sure egs will. that's worth ~$40 to me.

i really dgaf how the pie of unearned income is divided between gaben and whatever corp owns the ip of the games i buy. the actual workers who did the work to create it have already been paid their salaries regardless of how that pie is cut.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I made it to where the oil fills the whole forest, and it was loving up my whole poo poo at like 30 fps and input lag

it played fine* on my ex’s ancient ps4 but I haven’t had anything even resembling a james pc for 20 years+

*for some values of fine

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I need to get Lost Judgement, but I'll wait because my PC was just enough for Judgement

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
imagine playing souls games lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=277QWssg7D4

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
judgment hit ps+ extra this week and i am looking forward to digging in

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

judgment hit ps+ extra this week and i am looking forward to digging in

it's a yakuza game, so only do the poo poo that's fun to you

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

imagine playing souls games lmao

this except the opposite

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
imagine lmaoing at a souls game, player

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

praxis

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

lol the epic game store is still down? i have ds on ps so no big.

beat gow: ragnarok today. game wore out it's welcome at the end.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

the lutris/epic store is some comedy gold. if you use lutris to attempt to install an epic store game (say ds), and the install fails for any reason, lutris gives you the option to "delete game files" from the failed install.

in the case of the install being an epic store install, it deletes the entire epic store wine prefix and every game in it.

neat.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i have never had a problem with epic games store

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

quiggy posted:

this except the opposite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCfExSoZayY

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

i have never had a problem with epic games store

are you dumb enough to try to use it on lunix?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
who the gently caress is that dumb

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I absolutely refuse to try any sort of gaming on Linux until it’s been mostly bulletproof for 5 years

I loving hate windows and wish I could rid myself of it forever, but alas :sigh:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

buy a console and a mac, then never touch windows again

actually i'm considering getting an old windows machine now cause ham radio stuff is not well supported on mac

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

echinopsis posted:

who the gently caress is that dumb

*raises hand*

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
windows 10 is totally fine

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's better than fine. It's good!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

rimworld update: i opened a tomb and some guy in the tomb shot all the scarabs, and then got killed by one of my autoturrets. i also rescued some old guy who didn't die in the tomb shooting somehow and now he trundles around my compound and has to be rescued every time he smokes a joint

https://twitter.com/elresisto/status/1362950491852922887

Gnossiennes fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 26, 2022

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

buy a console and a mac, then never touch windows again

actually i'm considering getting an old windows machine now cause ham radio stuff is not well supported on mac

I can’t do controllers and most of the games I like aren’t on console or mac.

:rip:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

apparently the death stranding version isn't the Director's Cut but you can upgrade to it after. worth doing imo because then you get the cargo bike which owns bones, and I think maybe photo mode?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
looks like they originally pushed the directors cut and then backtracked and replaced it with the standard edition

the verge posted:

Death Stranding is free today.

After initially offering the director’s cut of Hideo Kojima’s Death Stranding free to claim on the Epic Games Store today, Epic has now reverted the offer to the base Death Stranding game. You have until 8AM PT / 11AM ET tomorrow morning to claim it for free.

Update: Epic has switched the free offer from the Director’s Cut to the base Death Stranding game.
its possible the trouble people had claiming the game was because they had to change the offer in prod after it went live once they realized they had listed the wrong version of the game

my email receipt still says directors cut so :shrug:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

lol what a clownshow

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

epic games more like epic FAIL!!!!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

epic games more like epic FAIL!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I absolutely refuse to try any sort of gaming on Linux until it’s been mostly bulletproof for 5 years

I loving hate windows and wish I could rid myself of it forever, but alas :sigh:

You have another three and a half years to wait then, unless you like competitive multiplayer games or P2W gacha games in which you're probably better off sticking to windows