Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I’m on our HOA board and our president wants to do a rewrite of our bylaws, getting rid of a lot of unnecessary crap from the original construction period, adding a few minor things, etc.

The dude is a 24/7 Fox News watching boomer but I got him to accept my edits of his draft to change any he/she reference to they/them to be more inclusive. Not gonna have gendered poo poo on my watch if I can help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

devmd01 posted:

I’m on our HOA board and our president wants to do a rewrite of our bylaws, getting rid of a lot of unnecessary crap from the original construction period, adding a few minor things, etc.

The dude is a 24/7 Fox News watching boomer but I got him to accept my edits of his draft to change any he/she reference to they/them to be more inclusive. Not gonna have gendered poo poo on my watch if I can help it.

Woah it owns you got him to accept it too. nice dub

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

now do the racial exclusion clauses

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
Tech bro culture is the worst

My "final interview" with a company I'm applying at is, what they call, the "Beer Test"

Basically a get to know you with the team sort of virtual meeting? But. They call it the "Beer Test" and assure me I don't have to "drink beer" during the beer test.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Frozen Peach posted:

Tech bro culture is the worst

My "final interview" with a company I'm applying at is, what they call, the "Beer Test"

Basically a get to know you with the team sort of virtual meeting? But. They call it the "Beer Test" and assure me I don't have to "drink beer" during the beer test.

woof. i hope it pays well because that sounds toxic as hell

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Corla Plankun posted:

woof. i hope it pays well because that sounds toxic as hell

Yeah. I'm nervous but it otherwise sounds like a great job. I do appreciate getting to meet people before accepting an offer though. Just... Beer test? Really?

Sounds too straight for my gay rear end. Give me a weed test instead.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i just took a new hire out to lunch with our team a month ago and we called it, get this, "lunch"

i don't know why it has to be a loving Thing beyond that, ugh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Shame Boy posted:

i just took a new hire out to lunch with our team a month ago and we called it, get this, "lunch"

i don't know why it has to be a loving Thing beyond that, ugh

yeah what the hell

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Pollyanna posted:

apparently we find each other on fuckin twitter and discord

that's where I found my girlfriend lol

we've been living together almost 2 years now :3

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
The system works

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Just got misgendered twice in the same interview after telling the interviewer I'm more interested in being treated like a person and then the tech stack I write code in.

So that's how my day is going.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Frozen Peach posted:

Just got misgendered twice in the same interview after telling the interviewer I'm more interested in being treated like a person and then the tech stack I write code in.

So that's how my day is going.

Well, better you find out now than a month from now, I guess? :smith:

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

"Beer Test" turned out to be extremely gay

And I mean that as a great thing. It was a great culture check and I really hope I get a job offer tomorrow.

One of the interviewers was a trans woman embedded software engineer and that is badass as hell.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

fingers're crossed for you! sucks about the misgendering thing though

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Frozen Peach posted:

"Beer Test" turned out to be extremely gay

And I mean that as a great thing. It was a great culture check and I really hope I get a job offer tomorrow.

One of the interviewers was a trans woman embedded software engineer and that is badass as hell.

Hell yeah! Good luck!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Improbable Lobster posted:

if i get an orchi can i get three or four silicone balls put in

I know of at least one trans girl who got silicone(?) or water(?) injections in her scrote

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i think i won

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Beer Test turned into a REALLY GOOD job offer :10bux: Between being paid out my vacation time, the severance package I reluctantly signed, and getting a offer within 3 weeks I think I'm ending up slightly ahead. Plus the new job pays more than the old job!

I'm so excited. Basically the best news I could have gotten today.

Now I just have to decide what to do about the remaining interviews I have lined up, and a possible second offer from another company. Feels good though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Frozen Peach posted:

Beer Test turned into a REALLY GOOD job offer :10bux: Between being paid out my vacation time, the severance package I reluctantly signed, and getting a offer within 3 weeks I think I'm ending up slightly ahead. Plus the new job pays more than the old job!

:yotj:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Frozen Peach posted:

Now I just have to decide what to do about the remaining interviews I have lined up, and a possible second offer from another company. Feels good though.

:yosnice:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Frozen Peach posted:

:yotj:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEtvkH56UcU

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

merry christmas lgbtqia+ thread. ive been applying for jobs in bigger cities in hopes of moving somewhere with a bigger gay population. plenty of bears around here, but not enough bears around here, you know?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

lol faris

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Katana_Warrior posted:

merry christmas lgbtqia+ thread. ive been applying for jobs in bigger cities in hopes of moving somewhere with a bigger gay population. plenty of bears around here, but not enough bears around here, you know?

merry christmas and good lock with your job hunt!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i love being gay n trans

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i made lots of Internet Friends recently and theyre all gay as hell and i have a crush on one of them

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
hell yeah, good job

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

also he has like 25k followers on twitter

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Marry him

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gently caress him as soon as you meet him this is a great plan that can’t go wrong

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

hbag posted:

also he has like 25k followers on twitter

congrats on finding a twitter chieftain

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Improbable Lobster posted:

i love being gay n trans

guess what rear end in a top hat?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Waifu Radia posted:

guess what rear end in a top hat?

me too :) <3

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I'm neither gay nor trans!

... but I'm definitely not straight or cis.

As a result my life is very confusing and complicated. And much as I find it exhausting, I never laugh as hard as when everything's in the air and nobody at all is able to understand what's happening beyond "this is pretty dumb". My gender identity is "JRPG villain" according to quite a few people.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

gently caress it i got Christmas Money i might buy him some jewelry

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

blasting women into space
got a christmas with my correct name on it yaaay

still "boymoding" tho lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

gnatalie posted:

got a christmas with my correct name on it yaaay

still "boymoding" tho lol

ugh. wellone step at a time??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

every year we get a christmas card from my great aunt, who's in her late 90's yet was totally fine with my wife transitioning and always addresses it to us using her correct girl name :3: