Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

drat, I didn't know there was so much variety in squigs back in the day, now I want a squig 6 and squig 11. Squig 11 is just so happy!

Edit: Holy poo poo, is squig 4 a hairsquig? I thought Adeptus Rediculous was making up some of the squigs on their list, but now I think the list was true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Hair squig is very tall. The Gorkamorka orks were often modeled with hair and that was the justification.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I haven't seen this posted yet, so a while back Peachy from GW (the bald guy in the painting videos) left and joined a Youtube painting channel, and yesterday they released a podcast where they talked about the Cursed City release. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5RujeiJwLI Around 23 minutes in.

They don't reveal too much behind-the-scenes info (largely due to the fact that, apparently even GW employees were surprised at what happened) but it basically just confirms a lot of what the community already put together; Lockdown & Brexit really hosed over their release plans (interesting detail about new Brexit rules forbidding them from using the UK flag on the box, due to being partially produced in China), all the Soulblight heroes that followed the release were of course intended to be included in the expansions, and the community managers/livestreamers were just told to not acknowledge any comments regarding Cursed City. It's not much, but I just find talk about Cursed City's bungled development always fascinating. Only thing missing would be information about how the expansion boxes actually came together in the end.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I've just started painting up Carnival of Chaos, I am very new to Mordheim, and never realised the papalazarou connection to the Carnival in the empire in flames bit,

any recommendations with outfitting brethren etc?

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
For the Epic players without 3D printers- Trolls Under The Bridge are having a 23% off sale. They primarily do Necron and IG but also have some nice space marine vehicles. They do some 10mm fantasy for Warmaster and a few 28mm upgrades and models.

-23% with code PF2023
Discount runs from 30th December 2022 to 4th January 2023 and is valid for all our product range and also for any direct order.
And how to use the code? Simply put the code PF2023 to the field "Discount Code" during checkout.

https://www.trolls.cz/

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So the rumors are swirling that the next kill team box is going to be Drukhari versus, of all things, the inquisitorial Adeptus Arbites, it would be a giant shame though since i really am not interested in another shotgun human team, lets see... i was really hoping for Votann though..

I would only be interested if they did somethi g completely new and out of left field with the arbites, if not then count me out.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I could use some more arbites, entire army of em

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Arbites could be cool as hell but the NM Enforcers already fill that niche, I doubt the next release will be another skirmish unit of carapace armored shotgun guys.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

What do arbites even look like nowadays? Is there a reason to be excited for them?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Dark Eldar vs Arbites would be a very peculiar pairing, lore-wise

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Would prefer lictors vs dark eldar

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

What do arbites even look like nowadays? Is there a reason to be excited for them?

Afaik they're basically Enforcers with more ornamentation.

Inquisitorial stormtroopers, however, are cool af and have been oop forever and are better models than the Kasarkin.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hmmm inquisitorial stormtroopers does sound genuinely interesting!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

These guys!

But again, they just put out carapace stormtrooper-alikes so that's not terribly likely.

Although it's possible the next force will be an inquisitorial acolyte group which could include all of the above

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

moths posted:

Arbites could be cool as hell but the NM Enforcers already fill that niche, I doubt the next release will be another skirmish unit of carapace armored shotgun guys.

Depending on how adventurous GW felt like being with making unique teams, Arbites could be more of a "less-lethal but actively fucks with opponents models" style play. Stun grenades and stun batons to reduce action points, smoke grenades to block LoS, nets to reduce movement range... there's a lot of dirty tricks you can give a sci-fi police force just from adapting modern-world police stuff.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

You know what?

Why not a videogame tie in.

Drukhari vs. a bunch of happless desperate imperial prisoners and penal battalions

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Al-Saqr posted:

You know what?

Drukhari vs. a bunch of happless desperate imperial prisoners and penal battalions

Good old second edition.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

You know what?

I'd be all for doing dumb, gimmicky crossovers.

"4 Haemonculi vs 1 17-year old human girl"
"Tyranids vs a squad of IG and 1 angry trucker"
"Votann vs Orks led by a Bloodthirster"
"A plucky team of Eldar, Votann, Humans and a bunch of ratlings against the same group of Orks and Bloodthirster"

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Randalor posted:

drat, I didn't know there was so much variety in squigs back in the day, now I want a squig 6 and squig 11. Squig 11 is just so happy!

Edit: Holy poo poo, is squig 4 a hairsquig? I thought Adeptus Rediculous was making up some of the squigs on their list, but now I think the list was true!

keep in mind that's from the brief period where squigs were a tyranid thing like zoats and not just related to orks, though No.4 there does turn up a few times, even serving as the generic example squig in a textbox inside the Waaargh Orks! sourcebook thing:

Assessor of Maat fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 30, 2022

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.
The current release cadence would suggest Soulshackle be a new team plus an upgrade sprue for an existing kit. Also, having 'dudes with flak armour' three boxes in a row seems like a weird choice. Dark Eldar are cool tho, and between them and the Kroot getting a box release I might step into some Kill Team next year.

protomexican
May 1, 2009
I hope Death Guard get some kind of Wyrmblade-type Kill Team soon. Are they the last 40k faction still on Compendium rules?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Grey Knights are still a Compendium team, just a good one.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I love the lore where squigs were failed Tyranid creations using Ork biomass and gene material.

Upon discovering these hopping, weird, useless things they still retained enough Ork that the Orks took them back in.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Also how are a bunch of arbites gonna actually be able to stand up against literal elf hellraiser cenobytes lol

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Dealing with a realspace raid is probably cake compared to a Genestealer Cult uprising or a major Chaos Cult.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The arbites have always been ridiculously OP in the fluff, which is why Necromunda got Helmawr's mall cops.

They're basically turbo Judge Dredds, having gone to what's effectively Commissar school and then earning law degrees.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hmmm a team of jusge dredds does sound pretty cool as long as they make them very different weapons and gameplay wise from the breachers

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm sure they can think of something.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Randalor posted:

I'd be all for doing dumb, gimmicky crossovers.

"4 Haemonculi vs 1 17-year old human girl"
"Tyranids vs a squad of IG and 1 angry trucker"
"Votann vs Orks led by a Bloodthirster"
"A plucky team of Eldar, Votann, Humans and a bunch of ratlings against the same group of Orks and Bloodthirster"

I think I get Aliens, the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, but what's the first one?

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.
I thought it was Hellraiser, but I've never actually seen those so :shrug:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Bad Decision Dino posted:

Firestarter?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ok now that ive slept on it, i think an arbites versus drukhari fight could be pretty fun, but alot of it will depend out whether they change anything about the terrain or how different the arbites are from the breachers, and i genuinely hope the drukhari kill team are full of really interesting cenobyte looking dudes.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Genghis Cohen posted:

I think I get Aliens, the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, but what's the first one?

Bad Decision Dino posted:

Yeah, it was a Hellraiser reference.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

All "angry trucker" makes me think of is Big Trouble in Little China.

Edit: wait, no, of course Ripley counts as a trucker. :doh:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arbites does seem plausible. In the upcoming miniatures they dropped the other day, the first silhouette was definitely dark eldar, the second sure as hell looked like an Arbite, the third looked like an ork - possibly Snikrot, dual wielding combat knives (they definitely look like his knife...), something Tau, and something space marine.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Watched the video and yeah that's definitely an Arbite, the helmet is the giveaway.

And yeah that looks like a Dark Eldar ... unless he's holding a pterodactyl, then we're finally in Exodite territory.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Kharnifex posted:

I've just started painting up Carnival of Chaos, I am very new to Mordheim, and never realised the papalazarou connection to the Carnival in the empire in flames bit,

any recommendations with outfitting brethren etc?

I will be honest, I have (most) of my Carnival warband painted, but paid no real attention to what weapons to give them. Only thing I made sure that the Carnival master has a gun as well as a melee weapon, a sword in my case, because parry. He is not pictured tho because I never finished him. Guess I should really get to it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I look forward to local people pronouncing it as "ar-bites". A lot already pronounce custodes as "cuss-toads".

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I will be honest, I have (most) of my Carnival warband painted, but paid no real attention to what weapons to give them. Only thing I made sure that the Carnival master has a gun as well as a melee weapon, a sword in my case, because parry. He is not pictured tho because I never finished him. Guess I should really get to it.

They are excellent, A local circus for local people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Has anyone read the Cursed City book and has an opinion on it?