Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

McGavin posted:

Vz. 55 is On Track for January. I suggest blowing all your credits and free xp to get it.

Do not miss this tank!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Glad I'm about 15% thorugh the T9 of that line then. Wasn't a fan of how blatantly better the premium version of the T8 was though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Do not miss this tank!

Seriously, the VZ is one of those tanks that you
easily get a 4k damage game and think to yourself "How did I just get 4k?"

Sayara
May 10, 2009
AT7, the camo scout:

Our team lost the hill, so I just stayed in a bush I created next to church, and team made magic happen. :allears:

Most likely won us the game as enemy cobra farmed the hell out of our team and we were left with two tds at 150 hp and arty.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am really into the Italian TDs. Only on the T7 so far, but it's an excellent assault TD. When you're playing against equal tier or lower tier enemies, you can do some REAL aggro poo poo and you'll bounce poo poo from even higher tier opponents.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I am really into the Italian TDs. Only on the T7 so far, but it's an excellent assault TD. When you're playing against equal tier or lower tier enemies, you can do some REAL aggro poo poo and you'll bounce poo poo from even higher tier opponents.

Yeah, they seem a pain in the rear end to deal with. I've been playing British slow-but-possibly-brick-wall TDs, and Italians seem like better versions of them in every way, at least when they're the ones opposing me.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The tier 8 Italian TD is really bad because it can get penned through the track covers like the Black Prince or whatever "armoured" UK heavy has the same problem.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 31, 2022

Sayara
May 10, 2009

McGavin posted:

The tier 8 Italian TD is really bad because it can get penned through the track covers like the Black Prince or whatever "armoured" UK heavy has the same problem.

Oh, I haven't faced those as much. The tier 7 doesn't seem to have other than really small cupolas on top of turret that I could pen with gold in my AT7.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I checked the model and the tier 8 also has a line of like 20 mm of armour right below the turret. It's really bad and painful to play. The tier 9 is so much better.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

I checked the model and the tier 8 also has a line of like 20 mm of armour right below the turret. It's really bad and painful to play. The tier 9 is so much better.

Well if it comes to that, I have a bunch of blueprint fragments from the last battlepass and holiday event so I can skip that if needed.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Yay, finally the ace on this drat thing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Boy I'm glad I picked this thing up from the Black Market a few years ago.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
2567 dmg and only 2nd class, I wonder how much do you need for ace... 1950 base exp, jesus. And similar MoE values as E25 two tiers higher. :aaaaa:

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Boy I'm glad I picked this thing up from the Black Market a few years ago.

I always regret not buying that when I had a chance. I believe it was one of the last black markets where they gave you multiple random offers you could save and choose between them at the end. I had the Caernarvon AX, The Pz V/IV and the Pz2J as options and I went with the Caernarvon. Mostly because I was grinding up the UK heavy tank line and wanted a crew trainer, and I rarely play below tier 7. I also incorrectly assumed the premium should at least be a better version of the tech tree tank.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 1, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TracerM17 posted:

I always regret not buying that when I had a chance. I believe it was one of the last black markets where they gave you multiple random offers you could save and choose between them at the end.

Yeah that was the one! I nearly bought the FCM 36 PaK 40 before someone told me the Pz V/IV was a much better buy. Someone in Skill's chat was saying that a new Black Market was already leaked for early 2023 and apparently had something to back it up, so it's a pretty good bet you'll have another chance soon!

(and I bought the Caernarvon Action X for real money when they released it. That's what, 50€ down the drain? At least the skin was pretty.)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just remember that badges and marks (Kind of, assisted damage is really needed to get the higher marks) are determined by more things than damage done. If you are shooting things you are not spotting you won't get alot.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I got my first tank up to 1000 games played today, and it was the Type 59. I knew it was close, and since it was my first premium bought, I thought it fitting that it be the Type 59. Back in the day this tank was really fun, I could do a lot of stupid things and get away with it. I won a lot of games and made a lot of credits. But those days are over, and I think it's time to retire this thing. I'll probably still take it out now and again for nostalgia sake, or to test drive if it gets any buffs, but that's about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjQtzV9IZ0Q

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 2, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Which gun on the AMX M4 54? I haven't unlocked the big gun yet, but it's kinda weird that the smaller gun has more pen. Same accuracy though, so maybe the big gun is the way to go anyway, since 220 vs 240 isn't really going to break the bank either way.

TracerM17 posted:

I'll probably still take it out now and again for nostalgia sake, or to test drive if it gets any buffs, but that's about it.

Weirdly enough I've been playing mine a bunch recently, because with teams being Christmas Terrible it's nice to not be -2 in every game, and have some chance of doing SOMETHING. It also farms decent amounts of credits. I don't think I'll play it much once poo poo normalizes but for now it's been fun going back to what is also my first premium.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 2, 2023

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
New T2-themed Battle Pass event coming with possibly the WORST VOICE ACTORS EVER: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2023/01/02/wot-battle-pass-judgment-day-teaser-video/

I mean, Robert Patrick *cannot* be that expensive to book for VO work. I'm pretty sure you could get Edward Furlong to do it for a case of beer and some weed nowadays.

Pretty badass T32 skin, though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

New T2-themed Battle Pass event coming with possibly the WORST VOICE ACTORS EVER: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2023/01/02/wot-battle-pass-judgment-day-teaser-video/

I mean, Robert Patrick *cannot* be that expensive to book for VO work. I'm pretty sure you could get Edward Furlong to do it for a case of beer and some weed nowadays.

But... T32 though? Why?

E: Oh it's the T32M. T32 with worse DPM but better accuracy.

And the crowd goes mild.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 2, 2023

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Sooo.. are those ae phase 1 and m5y skins going to be available as well?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

JuffoWup posted:

Sooo.. are those ae phase 1 and m5y skins going to be available as well?

:iiam:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

nice, i always watned a worse iron arnie

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

nice, i always watned a worse iron arnie

lol

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

wargaming, please, i apologize for having the gall to play a t8 heavy tank that is not the BZ. I am queueing up in it now as we speak. a thousand apologies

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/battle-pass-special-judgment-day/

14 days to do a 50 level battlepass grind to get the "T-832" tank, ie. the T32M with a skin. You need the paid pass to get the tank. Sarah Connor and T1000 are both in separate bundles (5000 and 3500 gold for a commander, a 2D skin and some decals).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1qNu7oT99Q

Who the gently caress wants a T32 in this day and age? I mean big thumbs up to the people who are willing to donate their bodies to science BZ-176s.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/battle-pass-special-judgment-day/

14 days to do a 50 level battlepass grind to get the "T-832" tank, ie. the T32M with a skin. You need the paid pass to get the tank. Sarah Connor and T1000 are both in separate bundles (5000 and 3500 gold for a commander, a 2D skin and some decals).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1qNu7oT99Q

Who the gently caress wants a T32 in this day and age? I mean big thumbs up to the people who are willing to donate their bodies to science BZ-176s.

This is what we're expected to sink all that Holiday Ops gold into..?!

https://tanks.gg/compare/t32?t=t32m

:goofy:

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Yah, this mini-battlepass doesn't do anything for me. The tank looked interested in the video, but then I realized it was just a skinned T-32M. I would like that CDC that heals itself, that might make the CDC playable. Make that one available, wargaming.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Weirdly enough I've been playing mine a bunch recently, because with teams being Christmas Terrible it's nice to not be -2 in every game, and have some chance of doing SOMETHING. It also farms decent amounts of credits. I don't think I'll play it much once poo poo normalizes but for now it's been fun going back to what is also my first premium.

That's actually a reason why I don't want to play it anymore. Maybe it's the NA server or when I'm playing, but I'm just constantly seeing tier 9 games.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Would definitely prefer a style for the tech-tree model of the tank (better yet for the Iron Arnie), or for the Yoh/Phase1 as seen in the trailer. Who the hell is going to pay for a T32M when the Renegade exists and is better in every meaningful way except the neat looking 3d style?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i want those universal blueprints

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I am sick to the back loving teeth of Mines, Tundra and Ensk. WG should take that loving money everyone threw at the screen for boxes and put it into ensuring that maps smaller than a gnat's dick aren't seen by anything higher than Tier IV.

Same goes for loving Widepark, which should be downtiered. What a loving joke that thing is.

Edit:
Jesus Christ the Mäuschen is just complete and utter loving poo poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 5, 2023

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
when i come to SA to find the tank thread i just scroll until i see the shitpost icon, makes it easy! came to share this cool kill due to awesome new track physics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upxs4tzzLmA

also i play this game more inconsistently and badly as i ever have before and its disheartening to look at stats showing lower recent wn8 than my overall, and low win rates..

hopefully its just the "holiday teams"

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I've barely played the past 3 years except xmas when I stupidly give WG money now I've got a AMBT which is like a worse Progetto 46 which I also have from stupidly giving WG money.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Since I'm currently residing in the EU, and won't give any more money to WG, I'm a free to play casual scrub that's playing at tier 7 at the max. I still suck though.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I found out what BZ 176's are while in a 40T french autoloader thats got like 40 armour lol hilarious

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I am sick to the back loving teeth of Mines, Tundra and Ensk. WG should take that loving money everyone threw at the screen for boxes and put it into ensuring that maps smaller than a gnat's dick aren't seen by anything higher than Tier IV.

Same goes for loving Widepark, which should be downtiered. What a loving joke that thing is.

Edit:
Jesus Christ the Mäuschen is just complete and utter loving poo poo.

At least some new maps are coming out this year. I miss a lot of the old maps that got removed from the game, but mines and ensk just keep going... I have Mines blocked, and would have Ensk blocked too if Fjords wasn't so imbalanced.

Yah, I hated the Mauschen before I upgraded the tracks and engine and used grousers/turbo/improved rotation. It's so much easier to get into position and side scrape when you can actually move. I actually started liking it after that.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Fat Jesus posted:

I found out what BZ 176's are while in a 40T french autoloader thats got like 40 armour lol hilarious

it's particularly cool and good to meet BZs when you're playing a tier 6

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This kinda night tonight.

I just can't carry these teams to anything and grinding the 130mm gun one loss at a time is loving soul crushing.

E: bad trim, that's only two games. But two games is all I can take because T10s don't make any money so I might as well just play some T8 premiums and try to make some money while the making's good. And these aren't "sit at the back and try to farm damage while your team loses" games either, these are games where I try to lead and play smart. The tank itself is a joy to play, but loving christ.

Trying to grind the Italian T7 TD is just as bad. 11 games played in the past few days, 10 losses, many of them 2000+ damage and thanks to WG's amazing XP system that comes out to like 700 XP while on the winning team some guy who sat in a bush wanking and hit one shot all game gets more.

It's just so loving demoralizing, I'd need to be doing double that to have any chance of carrying these loving teams, and I'm just not that good. It's just absolute madness where one team will be down 0-4 after less than one minute, and if RNG said it's your team, then you can just gently caress off and go eat poo poo because you're not winning no matter what.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 6, 2023

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
simply do the most damage every game so you get the victory xp anyway, ez