Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

its 9pm and i'm having my last coffee of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

PokeJoe posted:

I'm glad you have a chesty wife also

:q:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
literally desire water

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yes I am thirsty

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sweevo posted:

its 9pm and i'm having my last coffee of the year

god speed

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

two six packs and two bottles of bubbly. im off to a friend’s house party to ring in the new year and the start of watuary :toot:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

changing the brita filter tonight :cheers:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

im gonna drink a lot of alcohol and get super dehydrated to prepare my body

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

im gonna drink a lot of alcohol and get super dehydrated to prepare my body

this is smart

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I am torn on if I'm doing year 3. I'm in for major caffeine withdrawals and those take almost two weeks. I'm not sure if I have it in me or not this year.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmmmm well watuary is a little bit about sacrifice but shouldn’t be about suffering

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

FalseNegative posted:

I am torn on if I'm doing year 3. I'm in for major caffeine withdrawals and those take almost two weeks. I'm not sure if I have it in me or not this year.

extreme hydration is the only way through

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m eating 2 minute noodles right now and just realised that it has broth!!!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

if you aren't craving water like never before are you really living a true watuary

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

FalseNegative posted:

personally i think an exception for black coffee or tea should be allowed. if i don't get a hefty dose of caffeine and amphetamine im not gonna make it through the day

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

caffeine pills aren’t liquid :ssh:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm not gonna do drugs

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

I'm not gonna do drugs

what are you, a mormon?

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

if you are that’s p cool

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i cant wait.

30 mins and i can stop drinking for a month.

got 2 people signed up to join me in watuary as well.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Some buds do a "dry January" for alcohol with a similar bent but it's in the spirit of watuary for sure

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm gonna try watuary w a coffee exception for the affore mentioned stimulant dependence. Also coffee is the nectar of the gods and lol if I would limit myself from that sweet ambrosia

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

personally i think an exception for black coffee or tea should be allowed. if i don't get a hefty dose of caffeine and amphetamine im not gonna make it through the day

I don’t disagree

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i cant wait.

30 mins and i can stop drinking for a month.

got 2 people signed up to join me in watuary as well.

poo poo yes brother

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

nah she’ll be right mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

I'm gonna try watuary w a coffee exception for the affore mentioned stimulant dependence. Also coffee is the nectar of the gods and lol if I would limit myself from that sweet ambrosia

I appreciate this. black coffee or any coffee?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

just black. imo if the drink has calories or artificial sweetener its not allowed. its it's water + plant its ok

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:hmmyes:

coca leaf and poppy seed tea it is

natures speedball

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

poured a drink before midnight but hadn’t taken a sip and poured it out after midnight

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

you da man

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

skimothy milkerson posted:

poured a drink before midnight but hadn’t taken a sip and poured it out after midnight

it’s definitely a sacrifice, and I find myself looking in the fridge and cupboard and seeing coke and lift and raspberry fizz and grape fizz and milk and idk why my partner has all these things cos her kids barely drink it but anyway it’s a gauntlet for sure.

but it’s all for the better good of my body and my brain. there’s definitely an angle of trying to reset my brain

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

54 minutes to binge alcohol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

848pm. day 1. water consumed: 1.75L. piss breaks taken: many.

I have weighed myself this morning more out of curiosity more than anything. it would be good to lose the festive fat though.

a pretty good New Year’s Day today to be honest. weather was changeable, but got some gardening done and gave the dogs a good run. I had some minor headaches but not sure if that is from last nights whiskey or my body craving that horrible good stuff. all and all I kept on top of it and I am a winner. things are going to change I can feel it.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

not going to manage to commit entirely, but i've derived a rule system that i think will work for me, and will after this post on for the sake of cohesion pretend that i am observing watuary fully. so, here we go.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
There's generations upon generations of people who missed out on using ice to cool their drinks down. This one's for you o7

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

going to do the spirit of watuary this year, where I only drink at weddings or other similar occasions

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I've come up with a compromise for Watuary this year; I'll cut the coffee and go for _a single cup_ of plain black tea. This drops my caffeine from ~500mg / day down to around 75mg / day. That should stave off the headaches but let me bring down my tolerance. Maybe in a week I can start halving it again.

I'll definitely quit the energy drinks, milk, and eggnog.

Watuary. :getin:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

water: consumed

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I rang in the new year with a gin and tonic, apple cider, and some kind of mango drink, jfyi

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

okay i’m in for this year. watuary lfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

You can only think of me.

I am ALL IN you mother flippers. gonna have a big bottle of water in lieu of coffeee this New Year’s Day morning.