Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha not clicking that

e: sicko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Man, what a thread title

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
i'd turn the volume on

https://i.imgur.com/auNtQcx.mp4

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://i.imgur.com/OjoYKIj.mp4

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Large Testicles posted:

My mom got misdiagnosed with Hep C like 30 years ago and has been on the blood donation refusal list since then and nothing she can do changes it even with fresh tests.

the intensity of those is insane. I lived in the UK for just under 2 years as a kid, when mad cow disease was around, and so now I can literally never give blood because of the potential I harbor prions

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Tafferling posted:

Why am I suddenly getting my youtube list filled by fake videos of asian people buying fake rocks and eating fake poo poo when opening them? I mean, it would be distilled schad if those weren't so obviously made by smashing together whatever rock cutting video available followed by random dudes crying.
What hosed up parameters made the AI in charge think anyone wants to see this poo poo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqaS46w4EUM

Is the algorithm enacting schad on me?
Probably based on the real practice of jade gambling where you can buy jade boulders either untouched or with a single window polished, and then have them cut open to see the quality. There is a ton of money in it.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
lootbox larping

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/gr_ashford/status/1610048500074414089?s=46&t=5uQ7g_cd9KlqOcjUpsJNyA

Now I guess we know why he lied about everything lol

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

I feel like this whole thing is some fuckup in the simulation. How does this guy WIN a congressional campaign and NO ONE who knew this guy noticed until months after the fact?!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

DrPossum posted:

I feel like this whole thing is some fuckup in the simulation. How does this guy WIN a congressional campaign and NO ONE who knew this guy noticed until months after the fact?!

Weird how these things happen after local newsrooms were strip-mined by hedge funds.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s tragic when a couple responds like this to a bi son reveal.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hopefully they've wisent up since then

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Platystemon posted:

It’s tragic when a couple responds like this to a bi son reveal.

:dadjoke:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

State bird of Ohio.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Not schad at all but I don't know where else to post this.

A Buffalo Bills player (American football) got hit in a game. He made a good tackle, stood up, and just collapsed after a second. The game hasn't been going on for like 30 minutes. They drove an ambulance onto the field and were doing CPR on him. The game just got temporarily suspended.

It's weird to see 300lbs huge dudes crying and praying on the field.

I don't care what you feel about football (all rich assholes, yeah) but this is unprecedented. This has never happened before. It's very sad and I hope they call the game off because I've never seen BOTH teams so dejected and depressed just staring off into the distance.

:pray:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Not schad at all but I don't know where else to post this.

A Buffalo Bills player (American football) got hit in a game. He made a good tackle, stood up, and just collapsed after a second. The game hasn't been going on for like 30 minutes. They drove an ambulance onto the field and were doing CPR on him. The game just got temporarily suspended.

It's weird to see 300lbs huge dudes crying and praying on the field.

I don't care what you feel about football (all rich assholes, yeah) but this is unprecedented. This has never happened before. It's very sad and I hope they call the game off because I've never seen BOTH teams so dejected and depressed just staring off into the distance.

:pray:

This sort of thing has absolutely happened before - Dennis Byrd, Mike Utley off the top of my head.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I’m watching the game and this is shocking. It’s frustrating to hear the talking heads ignore the elephant in the room that this game fucks people up well beyond what is ok.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Frank Frank posted:

This sort of thing has absolutely happened before - Dennis Byrd, Mike Utley off the top of my head.

Doing CPR for a long time before putting him in the ambulance? Never seen that before.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Aren't football linemen relatively underpaid (relative, of course to their quarterbacks and other top-tier athletes like baseball pitchers), as far as professional sports?

I just looked it up and Hamlin's salary is about $900,000. Don't get me wrong that's a loving huge amount of money to play a game, but it's certainly not the $3 million that the lowest-paid quarterback in the league is making. Plus linemen and tackles are probably some of the most routinely injured athletes in pro sports, whereas in my limited understanding of football there are entire teams of guys whose job is 'protect the QB'.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He’s a defensive back not a lineman but yea. What’s it worth? For what? Depressing as hell.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Doing CPR for a long time before putting him in the ambulance? Never seen that before.

Yeah that's kinda weird. I was a Firefighter and EMT and I was taught that CPR doesn't directly save lives. In a way. It gives you time to get to a trauma center where the doctors there can save your life. All it does is keep your blood moving and a small fraction of oxygen going into you. It's not like you do CPR on someone and they suddenly are cured from their ailments. You are quite literally keeping their body functions moving around with physical force. If you have to do that, this are not looking good.

My EMT instructor at the school said "If you ain't breakin' ribs, you ain't doin' it right."

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status/1610102334692130816

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Watch this lead to a general strike, in an echo of the Nika Revolt of A.D. 532.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I don't know who that is but this game is over. Everyone is just loving destroyed. The coaches, the players, the entire stadium of 10s of thousands is silent.

There is no good move here. Besides going home.

edit: game is officially over. Not gonna happen. Good.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 3, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bengals finding new inventive ways to not win a football game

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Bengals finding new inventive ways to not win a football game

That's a rough chuckle

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Looks like they're not playing on at least

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1610109654461485058

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah that's kinda weird. I was a Firefighter and EMT and I was taught that CPR doesn't directly save lives. In a way. It gives you time to get to a trauma center where the doctors there can save your life. All it does is keep your blood moving and a small fraction of oxygen going into you. It's not like you do CPR on someone and they suddenly are cured from their ailments. You are quite literally keeping their body functions moving around with physical force. If you have to do that, this are not looking good.

My EMT instructor at the school said "If you ain't breakin' ribs, you ain't doin' it right."

No offense or anything but the medical staff at an NFL game is generally much better prepared than an EMT responding to a guy collapsing at an IHOP at 3am.

They're not doing open heart surgery but I'm sure they have a lot more resources and expertise at hand.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Inceltown posted:

Looks like they're not playing on at least

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1610109654461485058

thanks obama

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I said “this sort of thing”. Both the guys I mentioned were critically injured and paralyzed in on-field accidents attended by EMTs. Byrd at least learned to walk again (before dying in a car crash :smith:)

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Preparing myself for next season's theater of Concussion Protocol 2: The Fibrillating

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

This is king tier poo poo if that’s what happened. Good on both of those coaches and organizations for getting their players home. gently caress Goodell sideways.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

No offense or anything but the medical staff at an NFL game is generally much better prepared than an EMT responding to a guy collapsing at an IHOP at 3am.

They're not doing open heart surgery but I'm sure they have a lot more resources and expertise at hand.

While mildly offensive I get it completely. But as another poster brought up, doing CPR on someone WHILE you have transport 10 feet from you is, well I've never heard of that before. You get them moving immediately. As I said, CPR doesn't save your life... it prolongs it. Get them the gently caress out of there. As a matter of fact I'd imagine the NFL can afford paramedics who can legally do a whole lot more interventions including drugs. In Wisconsin I was taught how to intubate someone as an EMT-B (it's very, very crude) and when I moved out to Washington I wasn't allowed to do it there. Their laws don't allow it.

Paramedics are more like nurses on wheels as opposed to us who just try to keep you alive until we can get you somewhere better. They can provide a higher level of care. I can only opine on what I saw on tv. I have no loving clue went on down there.

Also, the NFL hires standard local cops for security. I'm sure they love the overtime.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 3, 2023

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'd agree that load him up and GTFO is obviously the best course of action. I can't imagine what that medical staff would have been going through surrounded by his teammates, staff, and thousands of fans all while on national TV.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I'd agree that load him up and GTFO is obviously the best course of action. I can't imagine what that medical staff would have been going through surrounded by his teammates, staff, and thousands of fans all while on national TV.

That sounds horrifying. :stare:

Maybe they were trying to get some kind of response or indication of life for literally everyone watching?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I have seen continued cpr with a waiting ambulance twice. Both times were at a smaller medical facility, though, with ACLS setups and meds. Just not a hospital, where the patient needed to get to. One achieved ROSC and the other was transported after ~20 minutes of failure to keep back in rhythm and suffice to say without going into too much detail, it turned out that second one was hopeless all along.

Other times it has been scoop ‘em and go.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I'm obviously not a mod or anything and no offense, but since this is the actual opposite of schad in that nobody is remotely enjoying it and it's a serious injury at minimum, maybe the conversation should go in another thread?
GBS thread about it
Football forum thread about it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm obviously not a mod or anything and no offense, but since this is the actual opposite of schad in that nobody is remotely enjoying it and it's a serious injury at minimum, maybe the conversation should go in another thread?
GBS thread about it

Yes, 100% my fault. I didn't know where to post it because it literally just happened. I doubt the trump or Aliens thread were the best places.

Continue with the real schad my fellow goons!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Anne Whateley posted:

GBS thread about it

GBS thread is gassed, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Baron von Eevl posted:

GBS thread is gassed, by the way.

Well excellent. We did have some schad out of all of this.