Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I know i have a SASSmas package waiting for me when i return from my holiday trip and I'm looking forward to opening it.

For now I'm hanging out with my parents' doggo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
OMG OMG OMG!
SANTA CAME!
Like, a week ago. Sorry! But it made The Opening soooo much more awesome!

Thank you so much to Daemonicus for absolutely killing it!
Not just one box. Not just two boxes. Not just 5 boxes! Wait. No. Two boxes. Yeah. Two boxes crammed full of goodness from Saint Paul, Minnesota!

First! A CARD!
https://imgur.com/uHF4BmK
PUPPY BUTT!!!

Next: A LOT OF GOODIES PART 1:
https://imgur.com/LX71rYu
--Big ole bag of wild rice and seasoning that I cannot wait to try!
--Dark chocolate (the best chocolate) covered cherries! My mom used to get me a box of the cordial ones for Christmas every so often. Best flavor combo.
--Chocolate Maple GRANOLA. Oh yeah. Going in my yogurt. When I buy some. Or just shove it into my mouth.
--Wyler's drink mixes! Maybe this will get me to drink more.
--STROOPWAFFLES. I dunno what it is with goons and The Stroop but it is something I'm not gonna question. So good. So good.
--Kissing kitty salt and pepper shakers! My mom is gonna be jealous!
--SQUISHY KITTY!
--Adorable penguin card!

Let's get a close up of that bad boy:
https://imgur.com/216o6mO

Oh! There's a note!
https://imgur.com/j9GW21W

Yup! Way too adorable to be used!

Squishy has two sides...like every cat.
PET ME!
https://imgur.com/zkxp8hv

LOL gently caress OFF HUMAN!
https://imgur.com/XFBgTLS

This one did not make the group shot so he gets his own.
https://imgur.com/1s0awB7
Hockey hot cocoa mug! Funnily enough, the boyfriend got a massive bag of cereal marshmallows and they are the perfect size for flicking!

This dude went straight on the tree the minute I saw it. I now have a Pekka in a tree!
Fun fact: The very first (and so far only) NHL game I attended was the 2020 Winter Classic. Dallas Stars vs the Nashville Predators!
https://imgur.com/QxP5xar

GROUP SHOT PART 2:
https://imgur.com/3GFMNfA
The shirt is so very soft! I love it!
The socks are wonderful (y'all keep my Fleury safe. Don't do him dirty like Vegas did. drat he looks good in Wild colors)

And, um, the Cursed Child. Cursed? Maybe I'm being too hasty. Just look at him:
https://imgur.com/EMMGb1m

It did not show any sign of being haunted by a child's spirit while in the frozen north, but Texas heat tends to bring out the worst in people, places, things.
I will take good care of this little dude.

OH! Speaking of Texas heat! I was in Minneapolis last June. You sons of bitches. It was supposed to be lovely. It was 106 loving degrees. IN MINNEAPOLIS. How the gently caress does that happen? It was a good 20-30 degrees colder in Austin! This is not normal! And then y'all get loving -25F winters? No. No sir. We need to fix this climate poo poo right meow.

Anyway! Thank you again, Santa Daemonicus! I loved everything and you are a mega awesome super santa ('member super santas? Yeah. We old)

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
I got a message from my Santa earlier in the month saying that due to international post my package wouldn't arrive until January. WELL I GUESS A SASSMAS MIRACLE OCCURRED because it was waiting on my doorstep when I came home today!

I was advised that the customs form might spoil the surprises so I closed my eyes and cut at it with a knife until the paper came off (I am very smart). I did look at the return address before commencing with the stabbing: it hails from the mysterious land of Temora, NSW, Aus-tral-ia. I'll be damned!

First thing I see is a Simpsons meme in Christmas card form, fuckin :lol:

And some packages wrapped in very nice music paper!

First off there is an awesome bird photography book documenting the avian wildlife of Temora, complete with very informative passages on living with these beautiful creatures

I must have been a good goon because there is a framed display of the Temoran geology and its many rocks! And uh, good luck with whatever your neighbor's got going on.

A painting of my dogs! This really means a lot to me, thank you friend. Ember (on the left) passed away from old age very recently and I miss her every day. This is going right up on the wall over my desk :glomp:

And finally, local dark chocolate covered licorice! As promised by the note it was not sweet at all and lmy wife and I rather like them

Jax (on the right in the painting) was sitting like a good boy hoping for a taste - not likely my guy - when our new puppy Mila kramered into the scene and tried to stick her tongue into the bag. gently caress's sake.

Thank you so much to my unnamed ausgoon Santa! :greatgift:

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Emily Spinach posted:

Santa came!

Covered in bees...

And cats...

It's a box!

With chocolate! Toffee! Honey! Bone suckin' sauce (:quagmire:)! Beees! And a frog! (And, blocked by the cat, a steam gift card.)

What I did not see was a name, other than the real name on the UPS label, but thank you mysterious Santa!

that was me! :) glad you liked it!

I may or may not have forgotten to slip in the card that had my username on it.

My santa reached out a few days ago and said they were running late, which means the joy and magic of christmas is not over yet.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Anonymous Santa just delivered a massive heap of nuts, a book, a pin, and some stickers! Very exciting and I'm going to have snacks for ages. The tracking number also tells me that my Santee got his present too. Merry (slightly late) Christmas and a Happy New Year all!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
A surprise parcel has arrived! But I didn't order anything...

Where did it come from?!

VEGAS, BABY!

AND WE ALL KNOW WHO LIVES THERE!

I excitedly tore open my Christmas package of Harney & Sons tea, which I've never tried before! :dogcited: :coffee: Inside was a beautiful tin of Hot Cinnamon Spice tea and a sachet of Earl Grey tea! I started with the cinnamon spice tea, which smells absolutely ~heavenly~ and is the perfect flavor for a chilly winter day in Minnesota! It brews up to a pretty orange color, in part due to the orange peel inside, and I celebrated with my matching orange tea set and a snack.

It's so delicious, and definitely my new favorite tea now! :kiss: I'm determined to savor it slowly. The Earl Grey will be brewed into an oat milk London Fog latte tomorrow morning and I'm really looking forward to it. :yaycat:

There was no note inside and no specific email from Santa, but in a twist of fate, when the mail carrier missed me yesterday and left a USPS slip in my mailbox it stated the item was originally sent by Subjunctive. So thank you very much Santa Subjunctive, I love it! :peanut:

UPDATE 12/30: This gift appears to have been sent by a mysterious additional Santa! Holding space here to give special thanks to this Santa. :love:

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 31, 2022

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

spouse posted:

My santa reached out a few days ago and said they were running late, which means the joy and magic of christmas is not over yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8d0mQ-99WA

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 30, 2022

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Santa came, I’m waiting until I can make the mixed drink he generously provided to post.

Looks like my Santee’s gift is stuck in customs. I was hoping it would make it before the end of the year, theme the breaks with international gifts I guess.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Santa arrived just before the new year!! Woah!

I was greeted by a nice lil bird fella.

The card had a hand-written message on it, which I quite enjoyed reading. Thanks a lot, Scudworth! And sorry that you had to dip into the USA for this! I'm sure irreperable damage was done to mind and spirit. Your sacrifice is appreciated.

Beneath the wrapping: a load of goodies!

It's a bunch of sweets, a comic book about Toronto (one of my family members is currently there, so this is exciting!) a Taco Truck that will fit right into my collection, and a bit of spice to expand my cooking endeavours.

Thank you very much!!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ulillinguist posted:

There was no note inside and no specific email from Santa, but in a twist of fate, when the mail carrier missed me yesterday and left a USPS slip in my mailbox it stated the item was originally sent by Subjunctive. So thank you very much Santa Subjunctive, I love it! :peanut:

There is a mystery here, for I did send you a package that says it's available for pickup, but it did not contain the wonders you describe in this lovely post!

This was from another Santa entirely! (And the other half of your gifts have arrived and are now packed to be sent, which I will do today, apologies.)

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006
I got BEE KIND socks, gummy candies(including a DIY ramen set), and that’s it! YUMMY! It all went fast! Happy New Year!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Pleiades posted:

I got BEE KIND socks, gummy candies(including a DIY ramen set), and that’s it! YUMMY! It all went fast! Happy New Year!

I actually got a shirt that says that but it wasn't my santees size and I lost it before I could put it in the package in case she would like to share it with someone (I like to wash clothing before giving them to people.) It kinda dissapeared in my laundry room, no clue where it is right now. - I can be a bit disorganized lol.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

There is a mystery here, for I did send you a package that says it's available for pickup, but it did not contain the wonders you describe in this lovely post!

This was from another Santa entirely! (And the other half of your gifts have arrived and are now packed to be sent, which I will do today, apologies.)

:aaa: :aaa: :aaa:
A mystery indeed! I assumed the "sorry we missed you" postal slip referred to the package that was successfully delivered the very next morning!

I happened to read your last comment 30 minutes before the post office closed and I hoofed it into the post office with 5 minutes to spare...and sure enough, there was a package waiting for me with your username on it! I'm shocked and delighted!

Would the mysterious Santa, gifter of fine teas, please reveal themselves?

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Zoesdare posted:

Looks like my Santee’s gift is stuck in customs. I was hoping it would make it before the end of the year, theme the breaks with international gifts I guess.

I'm a bit relieved to hear you say this because the same thing is happening to my Santee's gift and I was worried it implied something was wrong, but maybe international shipping is just backed up.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

I managed to make it to the post office just before they closed for new years weekend! HOT DOG! :greatgift: :shittydog: I immediately unwrapped my package with the fervor of a 9 year old on Christmas morning, and I'm just getting around to uploading all my photos at (sips accidentally-caffinated tea)...2:30 am. Lets dig in!

Inside the package, underneath very thoughtful, environmentally-friendly :love: packing, was a gift wrapped furoshiki-style! That is so neat!

And inside was a bounty of stationery supplies!

There's a Marijke Bouchier scarf that features toucans with bananas for noses, Tiger-pineapples, leoapard fruit, and heliconias (one of my favorite flowers). Its a beautiful scarf with a tropical pop-art print that I intend to use as a furoshiki wrap for my bento boxes or a purse-scarf.

There are two coral-pink journals, and they both have grid-lined paper, which I have always wanted, but never had before. I think coral pink is one of the best shades of pink :sparkles: and I'm having fun using them already. The paper feels special, I don't read Japanese, but I think they're water resistant. And there is a pack of Memphis style stickers, so I can dress up my journal like The Max Diner, which is totally rad because I'm :gay: for the 80s.

There's a bunch of clever Japanese stationary supplies, like a paint-swatch book that is actually pages of smoky velum stickers. And a set of matching purple, numbered, page tabs, which I've already got plans for.

There's a set of fine marker pens whose packaging turns into a stand for maximum Japanese efficiency, and two fine tip pens...and that's when I saw that Mitsubishi - yes that Mistubishi - makes pencils. TIL: their 3-diamond symbol represents their 3 branches: Mitsubishi Automotives, Electronics and...Pencil Co. They are extremely smooth pens.

Thank you sincerely to my Santa, Subjunctive, for such an incredibly thoughtful gift - I love every part of it! And thank you for the card, everything has indeed brought me girly joy - you managed capture a lot of my essence in everything you got me! :peanut:

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 31, 2022

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Cowslips Warren posted:

Sassmass came! Ars Arcanum was my awesome Santa and sent me many awesome things! Thank you Santa for the masks, and cool art, and the snacks, and the cool treat balls that the cats are trying to steal but I might let them have two and let the hedgehog have one.

But to fully appreciate how cool my Santa is, I need to post pictures.

poo poo what page are we hosting pics on this year?

Yay, I’m glad you received and liked everything!!!

I just went with Imgur for pictures, but it’s easier to do on a computer than a phone, and I had to open the embed link they provided in a new tab, then copy-paste it in my reply here and change it to SA’s bb code to get it to work right.

Also, loving all the awesome gifts (and cats) this year. SASS continues to be the best.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Santa, my gifts arrived, I love them, pics are stuck on my phone but as soon as I have a chance I'll get them uploaded and post them here

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ulillinguist posted:

[Thank you sincerely to my Santa, Subjunctive, for such an incredibly thoughtful gift - I love every part of it! And thank you for the card, everything has indeed brought me girly joy - you managed capture a lot of my essence in everything you got me! :peanut:

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! There’s a bit more coming still, I’ll send you the tracking number when I get back to my desk or more likely tomorrow because NYE and :effort:.

It was a real treat to shop for your gift, because we are a very pro-journaling and pro-girly house.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Gifts arrived before new years all the way to Canada from the UK!

We've got some kind of 3D printed box inside the cardboard box

the legally required Bees (very cute!)

MYSTERY USB (I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but I LOVE getting Mystery USB's as long as they're not all ransomware)

We've also got the Gatewatch (for all you MTG lore nerds in the thread)

Then I thought to myself: is this a deckbox?

Heck yeah it is! Thanks for accurately stalking me Santa. I know you said you forgot a card so if you'd like you can fire up mspaint and identify yourself! Another A+ SASS

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Shinmera posted:

Santa arrived just before the new year!! Woah!

Thank you very much!!

I can't believe how fast this got to Europe.

Anyway, friends, I don't mind telling you I've been in SASS for a billion years, and the previous time I got screwed over and then proceeded to have the worst year of my life like that was some kind of prologue.
So on the last day of this terrible year a big envelope has arrived.

from Kafka's Goldfish!

Upon seeing the very fancy washi tape I knew i had to be dealing with someone from the stationary or mail exchange thread, a serious person who owns a wax seal.

I was not prepared. For THIS.

I kept yelling "What? WHAT?? I OWN THIS NOW??" I finished a cross stitch during lockdowns and i hated doing it so I can't imagine.
It's based on this, by Bartholomew of Brescia

even the back is finished!!

Thank you so much KG, i can't believe this is mine now. It is a treasure and so are you.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Thanks to Grammarchist for the sweet SASSmas loot!
https://imgur.com/a/DxQ3j2Y

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

vortmax posted:

Thanks to Grammarchist for the sweet SASSmas loot!
https://imgur.com/a/DxQ3j2Y

I hope the Quill Pen works, or at least looks cool. I might have to get one for myself so I too can doodle like John Hancock.

Shopping was quite fun this year!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

holy poo poo please tell me about your map table (?)

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I honestly wished it could have been more.

One of the reasons for the card was to explain that yes, the box is indeed a card box which will hopefully do you well. I had several masked yet naked Pagans perform all sorts of good luck rituals under a midnight moon.

The USB, aside from having Back Orifice 2k included, also contains a selection of some of my favourite bad movies and some of my favourite lesser well known actually good movies. Hopefully one or two will pique your interest.

Happy Christmas good Goon sir. I hope you enjoy.

edit: the music album was something I came across some 20 years ago created by some guy in the Southern US who I assume was high on meth and alcohol. I felt I needed to inflict it on someone else.

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 1, 2023

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Quote, is not edit.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
my Santee doesn't seem to have received their gift yet. Sorry Santee, I hope it gets there soon.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
SANTA GAVE ME A NEW BUTTHOLE!!!

A goatse mug!!! I always love something handmade but this is beyond the pale!

Also this cute little, awesomely textured thing that now lives in my shop to catch ashes from my bong:

Empty Sandwich, you gosh dang rock. I never expected something so unique and buttholeish. Thnak you!!!!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Literally A Person posted:

SANTA GAVE ME A NEW BUTTHOLE!!!

ah, the gift that keeps on giving. I recommend homemade cocoa for the ideal wrong color.

lemme know how the little bowl thing works as an ashtray... a buddy of mine commissioned a few and I've been screwing around with designs.

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 2, 2023

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fatkraken posted:

my Santee doesn't seem to have received their gift yet. Sorry Santee, I hope it gets there soon.

I’m gonna assume you’re my Santa as according to the tracking on my Santa’s gift it has been trapped in Stanstead, the literal worst part of London, for several days now and shows no sign of moving towards Ireland until possibly Wednesday :(

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Gertrude Perkins I hope you get that package soon! The bees must be very cold.

peanut fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 2, 2023

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I’m gonna assume you’re my Santa as according to the tracking on my Santa’s gift it has been trapped in Stanstead, the literal worst part of London, for several days now and shows no sign of moving towards Ireland until possibly Wednesday :(

No, mine went to the states, your santa is in another castle

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ars Arcanum posted:

And not just any mug, but a Christkindlmarkt mug! My city also does an annual Christkindlmarkt, so I geeked out a little over this.

The other box contained...something legendary...

Holy crap, I've finally been Malorted! :woop:

Ah man, we could've sipped Malört from our matching Christkindlmarkt mugs together!

SASS twins!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Santa gave me the tools I need for confidence and success!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

How to good-by Depression is a real banger but Puke Banter in my favorite. No spoilers!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

My Santee’s gift keeps getting stuck in transit. Maybe it will arrive by next week??

It makes me feel awful :(

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zoesdare posted:

My Santee’s gift keeps getting stuck in transit. Maybe it will arrive by next week??

It makes me feel awful :(

If it makes you feel better, and I don’t know why it would now that I think about it, the second half of my Santee’s gift isn’t due until the 7th. I’m gonna be a lot more conservative about shipping estimate calculations next year when ordering things!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
My Santee supposedly received thier gifts.

Supposedly.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Question Mark Mound posted:

My Santa told me two things are on the way, but with the postal strikes in the UK there might be delays.
And it’s second Christmas!! (This might have arrived sooner but I’ve been away from the family home over new year)

Never heard of this one before but definitely looks like something I can get into. Thank you again Santa!!

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

peanut posted:

How to good-by Depression is a real banger but Puke Banter in my favorite. No spoilers!

I'm glad it all arrived intact! Enjoy your stickers and various knick-knacks! May 2023 bring you a healthy and regularly-constricted anus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Literally A Person posted:

My Santee supposedly received thier gifts.

Supposedly.

I told my santee that they were getting two parcels and I know one got delivered in just hoping that they’re still waiting on package #2 and not that they’re disappointed with what I sent