Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

CommieGIR posted:

I love how Roy looks like "Get a load of this guy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/christhebarker/status/1612037922412265475

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this 2022 tech is bullshit! my 2020 tech that i used to take a picture of this guy and make fun of him on the internet, though, that's the right amount of technology

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it does seem weirder to render yourself blind in a public space

mystes
May 31, 2006

is that an fpv drone thing? I don't think I've ever seen one using one outside

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Just show him the namshub of enki

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mystes posted:

is that an fpv drone thing? I don't think I've ever seen one using one outside

Yeah its a FPV drone headset.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

haveblue posted:

it does seem weirder to render yourself blind in a public space

drones are awesome for this sort of thing though.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Aside from drones making kind of an annoying sound, I could care less whether people want to use them anyway, regardless of whether they're FPV or not

If you're going to use a drone to try to have fun exploring some sort of cool place it seems like it would actually make more sense to use an FPV headset anyway?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
probably, but the part where the guy is standing around in public is pretty dumb. at least sit down lol

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
some fpv operators like standing while flying but in my experience i would definitely fall over. flying fpv is an entirely different experience than taking pics with something like a dji mavic

a vid i made recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYfWJC72QY4

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

watched this movie last night, it got a recent blu-ray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3_7_-PCX_E

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i really like the idea of fpv drone flying but wow its very 90s computing style where theres a ton of standards and a million things to set up and it was just Too Much Computers for me so the lil setup i bought is languishing unused

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you can just buy a prefab drone package that is everything you need to get going, op

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

you can just buy a prefab drone package that is everything you need to get going, op

too late

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
my wife got me a drone like a year ago and i didn't even open it lol

i feel bad about it and really should but :effort:

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
i feel like the guy doing flips over the pedestrian footbridge is enjoying the park better than the guy taking a picture of him to complain on the internet

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i think you underestimate how much i enjoy complaining about things on the internet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Alan Smithee posted:

Just show him the namshub of enki

loving gargoyles

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1611422625179512832

:chloe:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you remember in mona lisa overdrive when the finn is a rom construct and basically wants to be destroyed?

just like that, but it's nonna

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

my wife got me a drone like a year ago and i didn't even open it lol

i feel bad about it and really should but :effort:

batteries are probably ruined =/

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

batteries are probably ruined =/

oh gently caress that's a good point

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the DJI drones are insanely easy to fly

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

it's not that i'm afraid of it or don't think i'd be able to control it, there really are not a lot of places you could conceivably fly them around in downtown brooklyn i think

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ah, yeah. probably not.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah drones are illegal in the entire NYC metropolitan area

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
buncha squares bowing down to The Man and his rules in this thread

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
flying a drone in nyc will probably get you shot by cops, especially if they think you're filming them

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean, i even pirate movies but no way would i fly a drone in nyc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
looked it up and there are a couple of large parks at the rear end end of brooklyn where you can fly RC aircraft, you can probably fly a drone there. but anything interesting to fly it around would just be a dot on the horizon

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

haveblue posted:

looked it up and there are a couple of large parks at the rear end end of brooklyn where you can fly RC aircraft, you can probably fly a drone there. but anything interesting to fly it around would just be a dot on the horizon

yeah i think i came to a similar conclusion the last time i looked it up. the closest parks are probably fort greene and prospect park but there's way too many tall buildings and poo poo surrounding them

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/lookcaitlin/status/1612252880035012608

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/JasonColavito/status/1611710986871767041?s=20&t=cN8alEbHkkLxMELPFfdYgA

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Replace the words "content" with "code' and replace "pass Google AI detection screening" with "not get flagged for copyright infringement" and I'm staring at my future

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
you have tens of thousands of words of high quality training data, that you unambiguously own by virtue of having paid for it to be created, and you're giving it away for free to these ai dummys and letting them rent it back to you?

they should be the ones paying you!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

i'm surprised to learn that google screens ai text given that that's every search results they provide me except reddit, wikipedia and stackoverflow

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
> grob flappler review

- Which Grob Flappler should you buy in 2023?

- Best Grob Flapplers for 2022

- Grob Flappler Review for iPhone/Android

- Grob Flappler vs Flab Grobbler Feature Comparison

- The Top Ten Grob Flapplers of 2023
In this article we will look at the best Grob Flapplers you can buy in 2023. Comparing Grob Flapplers can be difficult, but we've done the hard work of comparing them all and comparing their varied features. With so many Grob Flapplers on the market, this article will tell you how to find the best Grob Flappler for your money! But first, what is a Grob Flappler?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

RokosCockatrice posted:

Replace the words "content" with "code' and replace "pass Google AI detection screening" with "not get flagged for copyright infringement" and I'm staring at my future

if we really want to cyberpunk it up well ask the chatbots to code up a new chatbots with more capabilities whose purpose is to code up even better chatbots

then payphones will ring once as i pass them

i am receiving word that payphones arent a thing anymore ooooh hey you know what would still work for that scene other peoples cell phones ringing once as the protagonist walks through a crowd then everyone answering and holding their phone out to the person walking through them and the ai voice coming out of all of them at once

creepy as gently caress i dig it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

big scary monsters posted:

i'm surprised to learn that google screens ai text given that that's every search results they provide me except reddit, wikipedia and stackoverflow

i was trying to look up comparisons on video compression a few weeks ago and it was an exercise in frustration because every site was ML soup descriptions of the formats, then a plug for an overpriced and incredibly generic ui slapped on what was presumably ffmpeg