Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

https://overcast.fm/+kelBKfLCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://twitter.com/MilwaukeeCoZoo/status/1580186092258856960?s=20&t=7RFbR144kM0nY6swuV5jyw

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:3:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
does anyone else stay up late because when you go to sleep that's like accepting the reality of having to go to work the next day

does anyone else try to avoid checking ther phones when they're lying in bed before they have to get up for work

because sometimes when youre checking your phone maybe looking at instagram idk and time goes kinda fast

so you just lie there watching the clock because thats the best way to make time go slow
to make it so you have more "time" until work starts

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

does anyone else stay up late because when you go to sleep that's like accepting the reality of having to go to work the next day

yes but the brain thread is over there

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

does anyone else try to avoid checking ther phones when they're lying in bed before they have to get up for work

because sometimes when youre checking your phone maybe looking at instagram idk and time goes kinda fast

so you just lie there watching the clock because thats the best way to make time go slow

These are symptoms of depression and anxiety disorders.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

echinopsis posted:

i don't do this but i think similarly i sometimes wind up staying up late because i don't want to be in bed with nothing but my thoughts for however long it takes me to fall asleep

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

echinopsis posted:

look up bedtime procrastination lol. it’s super common with adhd even if you have a job that you don’t loathe. now that I’m on stimulants, paradoxically it’s easier for me to go to bed a normal time around 10 instead of the 12, 1, 2 am nights i was pulling almost every day for years

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 16, 2022

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

echinopsis posted:

me

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

polyester concept posted:

look up bedtime procrastination lol. it’s super common with adhd even if you have a job that you don’t loathe. now that I’m on stimulants, paradoxically it’s easier for me to go to bed a normal time around 10 instead of the 12, 1, 2 am nights i was pulling almost every day for years

oh

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hmmmmm is that with or without the medication in effect? I take adderall every weekday but still do this

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Pollyanna posted:

hmmmmm is that with or without the medication in effect? I take adderall every weekday but still do this

with

idk, it still takes wanting to make different choices. i find it helps me most with overcoming that initial mental hurdle to do something different. i would normally lay there thinking “i should go to sleep, im gonna regret staying up so late tomorrow” and then just keep doing it. with medication i find it’s easier to break that habit and put my phone down or go do the dishes or reply to that email or whatever trivial task I’ve been procrastinating forever.

also night is when your meds have likely worn off mostly so it’s probably more difficult as the evening goes on.

im also on 12 hr slow release ones so if i take it around 8-9 am, there’s still some benefits later at night

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 19, 2022

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

12 hour slow release adderall makes me jelly, I take mine around 830 and it starts to wear off by 4

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i;m posting right now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh yeah this thread

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

paste

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
great paste

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

gently caress me I bought Affinity Photo to use on my iPad and I don't think I've used a more unintuitive, step-on-it's-own-dick program since I tried open source 3D modelling

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JI9q6qIUuA

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

dont sleep on this thread!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQM62Y3Uc1Y

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

as i say in the greyforum threads, figgieland is not a state of mind, it is a physical location you can buy a plane ticket to. $300 for uber boy here and like £600 for you

it is your prerogative to stay in the single least lucrative sector of computer-touching, just about, but it should be a conscious decision you make

blind paste hot off the clipboard

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

:mediocre:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
shake shack? god get off your rear end and THINK. i won't accept your big butt compromise

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I checked my clipboard here but it turns out it was anime

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i'm posting. right now

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/moyatokkun/status/1612423290550902786?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

gently caress me I bought Affinity Photo to use on my iPad and I don't think I've used a more unintuitive, step-on-it's-own-dick program since I tried open source 3D modelling

lmao that's the trapster in his original form

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
i just got an offer letter from a place i really want to work for after being out of work for three months

dont want congrats dont know anyone here well enough to earn any kind of yospos cred i just want to sort of shout it from a greenpos rooftop and know that some other cjs will shrug and think welcome back to the grind dummy you were better off unemployed

sincere postin not pastin i really did just get a job and its a big deal to me

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sexual Lorax posted:

i just got an offer letter from a place i really want to work for after being out of work for three months

dont want congrats dont know anyone here well enough to earn any kind of yospos cred i just want to sort of shout it from a greenpos rooftop and know that some other cjs will shrug and think welcome back to the grind dummy you were better off unemployed

that's great news op. treat yourself to something nice this weekend

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Get the money.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sexual Lorax posted:

congrats sexlor

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Sexual Lorax posted:

here's to loving

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
congrats lowrax

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkoyg9h802s

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe