Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ddg kinda started to crush it by not being as well-tuned/gamable, as well as having bang shortcuts to outright redirect and search on various sites instead of coaxing google into doing it for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Agile Vector posted:

i was trying to look up comparisons on video compression a few weeks ago and it was an exercise in frustration because every site was ML soup descriptions of the formats, then a plug for an overpriced and incredibly generic ui slapped on what was presumably ffmpeg

it's always ffmpeg

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Agile Vector posted:

ddg kinda started to crush it by not being as well-tuned/gamable, as well as having bang shortcuts to outright redirect and search on various sites instead of coaxing google into doing it for you

ddg has a habit of aging out relevant search results though, meaning just because you could find something yesterday with a specific search string, doesn't mean you'll find it today.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i would charge 2x more for that. if you want chatgpt output, use chatgpt output. if chatgpt output doesn't actually meet your needs, then you are going to pay for my time regardless

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

infernal machines posted:

it's always ffmpeg

someone please get me that post about the foss tool with a weird name without which the internet would collapse. although ffmpeg bucks the trend by being maintained by not just one guy in czechia

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/6thgrade4ever/status/1433519577892327424

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

tyvm

mystes
May 31, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

someone please get me that post about the foss tool with a weird name without which the internet would collapse. although ffmpeg bucks the trend by being maintained by not just one guy in czechia
Well it was originally by Fabrice Bellard but he somehow got other people to take it over instead of becoming the curl guy

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

big scary monsters posted:

tzdata lol

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i tried playing this game once but got such intense douche chills from that sunglasses guy i had to turn it off and go outside after a couple of hours

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's way better than it has any right to be as a reboot of a beloved decade-old franchise

the main character is a bit of a Cool Badass but since you choose his dialog he doesn't have to be an rear end in a top hat about it

that line is probably the most notorious meme from the game

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

it's always ffmpeg

well its probably the most useful a/v library in existence lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's almost mind boggling the transcoding/resizing stuff i can do from the command line with a prebuilt windows binary, which is 99% of the things i need to do with video in general.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

it's almost mind boggling the transcoding/resizing stuff i can do from the command line with a prebuilt windows binary, which is 99% of the things i need to do with video in general.

cant do a star wipe, is therefore worthless

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i have an analogue video mixer for those

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

rotor posted:

cant do a star wipe, is therefore worthless

it can actually lol

just use a star mask and the transform filters

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kaIXkImCAM

its me

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i would probably pay for ffmpeg. its unironically the most useful tool i use for production stuff

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

git apologist posted:

i tried playing this game once but got such intense douche chills from that sunglasses guy i had to turn it off and go outside after a couple of hours

Nanh it rules

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ADINSX posted:

Nanh it rules

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1612645767499456512

https://twitter.com/CaptanMarvelous/status/1612078835142459392?s=20&t=1d0rMG09NkXol35KmKV24A

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

i would probably pay for ffmpeg. its unironically the most useful tool i use for production stuff

heck, i'd pay for it even though all i do is rencode stuff for personal use. i should make donations to them and handbrake

and that it works on a range of platforms, no less

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

:yeah:

it runs on practically anything there's a c library for, i've even played around with a WASM version of ffmpeg. it's pretty drat slow but it works

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

don’t sign your posts

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

y'all should look into mpreg

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Alan Smithee posted:

while i'm at it, do you have any other search terms for me to check out on my work computer in the middle of a busy office?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Jabor posted:

while i'm at it, do you have any other search terms for me to check out on my work computer in the middle of a busy office?

Microsoft Tay

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Alan Smithee posted:

ffmpreg, so it doesn't take most of the year to do anything.

Hideo you've done it again.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

hmm, looks interesting, not too b—

:barf:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i'm the weird fish lookin console

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
quad flesh light

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

look at the pedals lol

every time i notice something worse

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i'm the slide carousel instrument display

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol those seats look really uncomfortable too

goddamn this thing makes me irrationally angry. they don't even sell peugeots here!!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

how/why is there like 3 feet of room to the left of where the driver would be

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIZGHKkJy6g

:argh:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

echinopsis posted:

quad flesh light

Fappuccino carrier

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

the le marf car will ride again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome