Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

tbf the anime catgirl splash on krita sucks too

the kicker is it's hidable (through a launch --option) but not easily replaceable

there's a wontfix reply to people wanting to change it to something more professional locally on their machines or add a hide checkbox toggle :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Agile Vector posted:

the kicker is it's hidable (through a launch --option) but not easily replaceable

there's a wontfix reply to people wanting to change it to something more professional locally on their machines or add a hide checkbox toggle :allears:

hm, i did not know this

is it just not easily replaceable because you'd have to compile it yourself?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
krita def looks like a program that all the horny commission artists use

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

hm, i did not know this

is it just not easily replaceable because you'd have to compile it yourself?

yep, at least as far as i can tell. i tried digging around on linux to no luck, though i didn't check the windows install. I want to dig around some more because i like a 'this app is actually loading' indicator

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Jonny 290 posted:

procreate, paint tool sai

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Agile Vector posted:

yep, at least as far as i can tell. i tried digging around on linux to no luck, though i didn't check the windows install. I want to dig around some more because i like a 'this app is actually loading' indicator

on windows it might be as simple as using a resource editor, though i've never used it on windows so i'm not sure. i doubt it's .net PE though so it probably should

on linux i haven't tried either, but i'm guessing using apt (or some other package manager) to build it would work. you'd have to ctrl-z it to pause though then look at ps or something to find the build path

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

nah, they use clip studio paint as the baseline

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

man I didn't know blackmagic made cameras as well. they look really inexpensive for the purported feature set too. less than 3k CAD for 6K through a Super 35 sized sensor with EF lens mount. pretty sure if you wanted that from canon you'd be paying twice as much

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

or aseprite for pixel art, i guess

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

on windows it might be as simple as using a resource editor, though i've never used it on windows so i'm not sure. i doubt it's .net PE though so it probably should

on linux i haven't tried either, but i'm guessing using apt (or some other package manager) to build it would work. you'd have to ctrl-z it to pause though then look at ps or something to find the build path

ooo, that's a good possible workaround. i grabbed the flatpak originally so it's a pile of bundles, which is neat as a solution but not familiar to me

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

man I didn't know blackmagic made cameras as well. they look really inexpensive for the purported feature set too. less than 3k CAD for 6K through a Super 35 sized sensor with EF lens mount. pretty sure if you wanted that from canon you'd be paying twice as much

i've never played with one but they make a micro four thirds camera too. lots of cheap lenses available for the system, which i do use, but the sensor is nowhere near 35 mm

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Agile Vector posted:

ooo, that's a good possible workaround. i grabbed the flatpak originally so it's a pile of bundles, which is neat as a solution but not familiar to me

i'm not too familiar with flatpak myself, i'd have no idea how to dissect it honestly. i don't really use them much but i can't really say i have a good reason for that, i guess i just like apt lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
^this mf loves tiny sensors

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

new stupid safari behavior. if you pull a tab out to form a new window it's still left behind in the original window and if you close it in the original window it closes it in the new window.

who would ever want that?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

KidDynamite posted:

new stupid safari behavior. if you pull a tab out to form a new window it's still left behind in the original window and if you close it in the original window it closes it in the new window.

that's 100% a bug lol, i've never seen it

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Agile Vector posted:

this is why anime is banned in yospos

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

carry on then posted:

that's 100% a bug lol, i've never seen it

well gently caress

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

bought a davinci licence ways back, and apparently it happened at the time of a discount, so my purchase was given a complimentary video nerd keyboard (that i've still to learn to use):

I'm the shitl and scroatl keys

edit: and the yspos key

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

roll slide :thurman:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

well gently caress

it's supposedly fixed in macOS 13.1 / Safari 16.2

https://www.reddit.com/r/Safari/comments/xhqjgl/safari_16_dragging_out_tabs/

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

"mr. demille, i'm ready for my close up"

"alright... hits 'close up' button"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

akadajet posted:

shitl and scroatl keys

the Pig Poop Ballboard

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

this keeps happening on ios 16.3 and i hate it

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Blackmagic is the Behringer of video

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

it's not lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it was happening to me a lot before i updated to Ventura

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
lmao who uses safari on the desktop?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

it's not lol

gently caress

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Ruffian Price posted:

is there even a market for knockoff vintage video gear?

i want the warm analog video of an old sony camcorder

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

akadajet posted:

dv VX1000s are serious collector's items for skate filmers, there's even places still making lenses for them

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

lmao who uses safari on the desktop?

me because i love pain. also keychain has all my passwords.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Last Chance posted:

gently caress

there's also still a bug (at least on ios 16.3) where if you drag the tab out of a safari view the tab title will stay overlaid on top, you can drag it around even. it also stays on top if you switch apps or even the lock screen lol

the only way i've found to get rid of it is to kill the safari process

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

me because i love pain. also keychain has all my passwords.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Ruffian Price posted:

making decent quality products at affordable prices but has an unnecessarily bad rep from pretentious professionals who have forgotten that they are spending 100x what they should be spending on equivalent hardware that is better but not 100x better?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

akadajet posted:

it was awhile ago but I read some videoman forum about how they were looking to emulate the burned-out streaks and trails you get with an old vhs-era camcorder pointing at a streetlight or car headlights and after a bunch of replies the consensus was 'get a vhs camera if you want this effect'

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

go play outside Skyler posted:

making decent quality products at affordable prices but has an unnecessarily bad rep from pretentious professionals who have forgotten that they are spending 100x what they should be spending on equivalent hardware that is better but not 100x better?

i think it’s cos they both start with b

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

go play outside Skyler posted:

yep. or as I like to put it, 90% of the features at 10% of the price

one of my favourite examples of that from the behringer court is their TR-808 clone. it's almost identical in all aspects and it costs $300. a real TR-808 in great condition on reverb sells for about $7000, but pretentious musicians wouldn't be caught dead saying their drum machine was a behringer lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
my only experience with behringer was a usb audio interface from the mid 2000s that was somehow noisy as hell and had audible hiss despite essentially being just a dac

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

weird, my phone just started formatting phone numbers in a foreign way

this should be 12 34 56 78

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Carthag Tuek posted: