Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

echinopsis posted:

that third shot has almost-AI vibes

caught this shot of a Kererū (wood pidgeon) which somehow wasn’t too scared by my presence

thank christ I had a 135mm on (my only lens) otherwise this shot would be wasted :smugmrgw:

edited purely with the ios photo thing. the canon camera app has been updated so now can export raw to the ios camera roll not just jpeg

cool bird pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
looks beautiful and also that's an amazing shoot for only 135mm imo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ikr? cheers

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
good pigeon

noice

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

cool bird pic

many people are saying this

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i made some birdpics at the zoo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Corla Plankun posted:

looks beautiful and also that's an amazing shoot for only 135mm imo

yeah it was kinda hosed up how close that bad boy let me get lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s vaguely interesting because the background, colour and contrast wise, gives no separation to the foreground at all, so the shallow depth of field is doing all the lifting in that regard, but it still kinda works.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
the artisinal amount of vegitation in the foreground + bird posture was kinda giving me art nouveau vibes and im procrastinating work so i made a bad photoshop

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
haha that rules

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s not really in the budget but imagine if it was (I just wanna daydream and window shop)

what would be a good fixed lens travel camera? off to thailand in a month or so and not lugging around a 135mm and in fact the idea of a fixed lens point and shoot but idk cute appeals. I have no need, only want

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

olympus pen with some pancake lens

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

x100v

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

echinopsis posted:

it’s not really in the budget but imagine if it was (I just wanna daydream and window shop)

what would be a good fixed lens travel camera? off to thailand in a month or so and not lugging around a 135mm and in fact the idea of a fixed lens point and shoot but idk cute appeals. I have no need, only want

sony rx100

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Your i phone

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s what I will realistically use

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i don't want to shitpost in the dorkroom but those are some excellent squares

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i don't want to shitpost in the dorkroom but those are some excellent squares

I had to stop reading the dorkroom because the regulars are such assholes for no reason.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
indeed, I watched them rip apart someone’s photo they took of a person and I’m glad I saw that before I ever posted any of my own work.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

indeed, I watched them rip apart someone’s photo they took of a person and I’m glad I saw that before I ever posted any of my own work.

if you take a picture of a woman they get super jealous and can’t stand it

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

:rolleyes:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It's very easy to get along in the dorkroom if you are fragile about your own work
1: don't ask for feedback
2: don't post only horny shots of women in the portrait thread

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

excellent contrast

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I like this, reminds me of this one I took

qirex fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 9, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

also excellent contrast

both of those look fantastic on an oled lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Megabound posted:

It's very easy to get along in the dorkroom if you are fragile about your own work
1: don't ask for feedback
2: don't post only horny shots of women in the portrait thread

or do all of these things and ignore their feedback

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

honest feedback is necessary when one wants to get better, and people with thin skin can't help themselves and conflate honest feedback with assholish feedback.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

or do all of these things and ignore their feedback

Yeah, just because I don't take endless low-contrast pictures of hallways and parking garages doesn't mean I can't post.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Don't be a guy that Chris Verene would photograph and you'll be ok
:nws:https://www.chrisverene.com/work/camera-club/camera-club-1.html:nws:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i learned a long time ago that no matter how many artsy photos of abandoned swingsets and collapsing walls you take, the only pictures you'll want to look at later are the ones with people in them.

this becomes even more true the more time passes. an old photo of a sunset or a car from the 1950s is fine, but a candid picture of your grandma and grandpa as teenagers is a gem

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 9, 2023

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Megabound posted:

Don't be a guy that Chris Verene would photograph and you'll be ok
:nws:https://www.chrisverene.com/work/camera-club/camera-club-1.html:nws:

oh my god. when I was in highschool there was this website called model mayhem and so many underage girls would end up lettings these guys take nude photos of them.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

i learned a long time ago that no matter how many artsy photos of abandoned swingsets and collapsing walls you take, the only pictures you'll want to look at later are the ones with people in them.

i disagree completely. i could look at ruwedel or r adams for ever

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i probably couldn't. we'll have to agree to disagree

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I like photos of people. I like landscapes, too.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Most posed shots of models are boring and say nothing apart from "Hey, look at this model". I much prefer engaging with the observations and criticisms of artsy landscapes.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i like pictures that are good, and dont like ones that are bad

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

i could look at chris killip photographs for ever too

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

this becomes even more true the more time passes. an old photo of a sunset or a car from the 1950s is fine, but a candid picture of your grandma and grandpa as teenagers is a gem

You are aware that The Dorkroom exists under CC and is specifically an art forum? I certainly love and look back on the photos I take of my wife, cats and friends but it is a different mode of photography and elicits different feelings. I'm not buying a photo book to look at the people the artist is close to I'm buying a photo book to engage with contemplate art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

actually, i'm never buying photo books