Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

• despite the name, c++ is actually worse than c
  • hagfish have 4 hearts
  • the soviet union and the united states are only 2 miles apart at their closest point
  • haskell is widely considered the best programming language due to its type safety and ecosystem
  • rabbits can actually see behind themselves without moving their heads, due to the positioning of their eyes on the sides of their head
  • the hashtag symbol # actually predates twitter
  • chicagoans kill more people every year than sharks do
  • snakes cant close their eyes but they can close their retinas
  • humans and chimpanzees actually evolved from a different, common ancestor primate. humans didnt evolve from chimpanzees
  • everyone actually gets older at the same rate. think about it!
  • lemons float but limes sink. use this if your colorblind
  • yospos means youre operating system is a piece of poo poo
  • ios is better than windows phone, but windows is better than mac os x

feel free to add your own

yours truly,
fart simpson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:firstpost:

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
You take some gently caress, then some poo poo, then some gently caress, then some poo poo

You get a gently caress-poo poo stack.

A gently caress-poo poo stack.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
hello.jpg is actually a GIF

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Hed posted:

nice one!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Hed posted:

it isn't though?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

it isn't though?

**taps thread title**

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

what other sort of chicago crime statistics are you familiar with op?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The adjective endian has its origin in the writings of 18th century Anglo-Irish writer Jonathan Swift. In the 1726 novel Gulliver's Travels, he portrays the conflict between sects of Lilliputians divided into those breaking the shell of a boiled egg from the big end or from the little end. He called them the Big-Endians and the Little-Endians. Cohen makes the connection to Gulliver's Travels explicit in the appendix to his 1980 note.

Previously the name byte sex was sometimes used for the same concept.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
computer experts agree that 2023 will be the Year of Linux on the Desktop

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

fart simpson posted:

• everyone actually gets older at the same rate. think about it!

do they though. wouldn't such as an astronaut who spends a portion of their life at high speeds be slightly affected by relativity and age a bit slower than some chump who has never left the surface this dumb planet.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
No matter what OS you use, your operating system is a piece of poo poo.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Elder Postsman posted:

do they though. wouldn't such as an astronaut who spends a portion of their life at high speeds be slightly affected by relativity and age a bit slower than some chump who has never left the surface this dumb planet.

wouldnt know. i dont know any non-astronauts.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Elder Postsman posted:

you can achieve the same effect by living on top of a mountain

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
YOSPOS is pronounced “YOSPOS”

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
The computer was invented by Benjamin J. Computer on January 1, 1970

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Elder Postsman posted:

:chloe:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
what about dogs, they age at different rates

there was a pretty long article in wired not too long ago about billionaires harnessing the power of the wily chihuahua because they demonstrably age slower than larger dogs

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

1 year = 1 year

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fartoids

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

fart simpson posted:

• chicagoans kill more people every year than sharks do

feel free to add your own

read this as goons from chicago, but honestly that would still probably be true

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
chicagoa is where cold and psytrance meets in the middle

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk anything about chicago except a) it’s cold and b) they have some decent songs

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

idk anything about chicago except a) it’s cold and b) they have some decent songs

i think your missing one more fact that was already itt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
facts aren’t exclusive

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my pheeonsay spent like a decade writing the quiz for a national news website and according to her - factoids aren’t a thing. it’s just facts

now that’s a fact I can get behind

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
by 2020 they will have figured out how to make good games on the cellphone and tablets will have replaced all laptops

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
1024 bytes is called a kilobyte due to the 'hutchison compromise' in which americans agreed to use si prefixes but only if they could gently caress them up a little first

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the first mouse was invented after an engineer moved has hand off the keyboard to reach for the mouse, and inadvertently grabbed an actual mouse that had got into his office somehow.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
There is 1 gene for if your pee smells after eating asparagus, and another gene for if you can detect the asparagus pee smell

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

1 year = 1 year

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

teen phone cutie posted:

read this as goons from chicago, but honestly that would still probably be true

me 2

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"computer" is actually an acronym for Complexity Only Meant Partially Usable, To Experts, Reluctantly

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
1 like = 1 pushup

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Hed posted:

There is 1 gene for if your pee smells after eating asparagus, and another gene for if you can detect the asparagus pee smell

pissed jeans

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
al gore invented the internet

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
the collective noun for hedgehogs is an Array of hedgehogs

this array is typed and its type is hedgehog

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

steve wozniack gives off the vibe of being a naive techie weirdo, but he's actually every bit the lying self-aggrandising prick that Jobs was.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the color orange is named after the fruit, not the other way around. english had no word for this color until the fruit started being imported to britain from the middle east in the medieval ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Sagebrush posted:

the color orange is named after the fruit, not the other way around. english had no word for this color until the fruit started being imported to britain from the middle east in the medieval ages

you can divide most european languages between those who got the word from spain and call it orange (from spanish "naranja"), those who got it from portugal and call it "bortugal" or "portakal") and those who called it "chinese apple" in their own language.