Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Look say what you will but many people were inconvenienced by having their flights delayed that day, and as we know that is the worst thing that can ever happen to Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Microplastics posted:

I'm late to this but

Oh no! Clearly something that's an actual issue worth pointing out! Particularly in Ramirez's output, which is otherwise so devoid of problematic elements.

Copy pasting random background elements is not a sin you have to note or make up for.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Xander77 posted:

Oh no! Clearly something that's an actual issue worth pointing out! Particularly in Ramirez's output, which is otherwise so devoid of problematic elements.

Copy pasting random background elements is not a sin you have to note or make up for.
It stands out to me because I feel it would be more work to copy and paste a small portion of a smoke trail and have it line up than it would be to just draw like, one inch more of smoke.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Probably a lot of hack right wingers angry that the classified documents thing happened at the same time as the gas stove thing

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the huge pressures the NHS is under – Health service workers report running accident and emergency services out of hospital corridors they are so short of beds"

Telegraph:

Russia's 'General Armageddon' demoted after just three months following battlefield failures

Matt:

Russia-linked hackers behind Royal Mail cyber attack

Independent:

Partygate: Boris Johnson joked No 10 party was ‘most unsocially distanced in UK’

Times:

Rishi Sunak aiming for ‘stronger relationship’ with Nicola Sturgeon

Evening Standard:

Bonus! Mac:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

...what? Is he saying "Okay, sure, we wanted to hang people, but just a little hanging, as a treat"?

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Mirage posted:

The advantage gas stoves have over electric is the ability to take a burner from zero to inferno in an instant. Also you can turn off the heat just as quickly, so you don't have to shuffle pots around the stovetop/countertop to prevent overheating.

...Induction.

(Sorry, had to do it.)

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
"The gallows at the January 6th protests were a show put on by the (((Deep State))). Any unpleasantness during this peaceful demonstration were the result of FBI plants."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Randalor posted:

...what? Is he saying "Okay, sure, we wanted to hang people, but just a little hanging, as a treat"?

Well in the movie Stonehenge was meant to be much larger but through their incompetence (band used " instead of ' on the measurements, which iirc were on a napkin) ended up being small and funny in a sad way. What point he's trying to make is probably something only he knows.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
ishida is pretty firmly in the camp of "anything done by fascists is either a good thing, or an antifa false flag"

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

High profile weirdo:

"Democrats are all treasonous traitors who should be hung. Trans people are pedophiles trying to rape your children and deserve death. BTW Jesus was kinda cool."

Ishida et all:

"WOW LOOK AT THE WOKE MOB GOING AFTER HIGH PROFILE WEIRDO FOR LOVING JESUS"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Xander77 posted:

Any other cartoonist and I'd agree but Ramirez goes out of his way to draw unique details like every little tree branch (dude loving loves trees) so I'm really surprised to catch him copy pasting anything. It's literally the first time I've ever seen him do it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

The player by Luo Jie

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

The player by Luo Jie

Arms sales is endangering Asia's peace. According to rules you would disturb the peace of Asia to get rid of the danger, but the US is willing to break rules and attempt a trick shot to preserve peace. A Pro-American Cartoon

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Tony Abbott’s tribute to ‘saint of our times’ George Pell (news.com.au).

Rowe:

Moir:

Leak, Son of Leak:

The Australian has an article on lobster smuggling. China currently has trade sanctions against Australian lobsters which the industry is hopeful will drop soon due to thawing relations.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Microplastics posted:

I'm late to this but

Are you just highlighting a copy / paste in the smoke trail? Because I'm looking as hard as I can, and I don't see "DEBT" in there.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

I almost missed the spade on Harry's? back. Moir, you racist motherfucker

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

KAL

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Darrin Bell

Bill Bramhall

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

A bad comic and a good comic. If you as a cartoonist are trying to defend Biden while condemning Trump, the line shouldn't be "well they both did the same crime, but Trump did it more!". Trump refused to give them back, then lied about giving them back and intentionally kept some, had to be raided to get them back proper, and everything he did was deliberate. Biden didn't. Talk about that poo poo!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Andy Marlette

Gary Varvel

Steve Breen

Steve Kelly

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Skios posted:

Andy Marlette

This just looks like George W to me.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

DalaranJ posted:

This just looks like George W to me.

I find it difficult to vision him with a ponytail and lipstick, but yeah, there's a similarity.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

I probably mentioned in the last thread that I like the details in Mac's art. A lot of cartoonists would just draw the old lady and the executioner in plane seats, but Mac drew a full variety of passengers. And while the joke is nothing special, I wasn't aware that "gong" is slang for a medal.

Kid Fenris fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 14, 2023

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Kid Fenris posted:

I probably mentioned in the last thread that I like the details in Mac's art. A lot of cartoonists would just drawn the old lady and the executioner in plane seats, but Mac drew a full variety of passengers. And while the joke is nothing special, I wasn't aware that "gong" is slang for a medal.

I would kill to have an airplane seat as big as the ones they've got.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Prism posted:

I would kill to have an airplane seat as big as the ones they've got.

There's at least one person in the cartoon who did.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Sunak’s deal to set up two free ports in Scotland – A free port means very different things to present and former Conservative PMs"

Telegraph:

UK economy grew by only 0.1% in November

Matt:

Reaching net zero ‘would cost taxpayers twice as much as No 10’s estimates’

Independent:

After George Ogilvy Reid.

The i paper:

Prince Harry's Freudian description of his penis is the weirdest thing you'll hear today

Times:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I "love" the reactionary joke format of just shoving some New Words The Kids These Days Are Saying into something else and pretending it means anything about anything. You see, Sturgeon's government passed some law that had something to do about trans people, so we can take Gender Fluid, which is a word the kids are saying, and shove it on there, and it definitely means anything at all. See, now Sturgeon is Gender Fluid! Gender Fluid is when someone wears a skirt and also a suit jacket. This is... bad? I guess? Nicola Sturgeon has been Owned and Satirised through the medium of Comedy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Does a genderfluid sturgeon lay scotch eggs?

Get it? Get it????

Give me english cartoonist money.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Nomination : Worst Label

Unless there’s a medical condition called mar-a-lago rear end I don’t know about.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 14, 2023

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Kudelka:

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

I gotta say that while the comic as a whole isn't my fave, I'm absolutely tickled at Trump 's hair stuffed to the brim with papers

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
When my love swears that she is made of truth,
I do believe her, though I know she lies,
That she might think me some untutored youth,
Unlearnèd in the world’s false subtleties.
Thus vainly thinking that she thinks me young,
Although she knows my days are past the best,
Simply I credit her false-speaking tongue:
On both sides thus is simple truth suppressed.
But wherefore says she not she is unjust?
And wherefore say not I that I am old?
Oh, love’s best habit is in seeming trust,
And age in love loves not to have years told.
Therefore I lie with her and she with me,
And in our faults by lies we flattered be.

Clay Bennett

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

David M. Hitch

Bill Bramhall

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Kellies nomination: worst caricature

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

First thing I thought of, which is sad.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Technowolf posted:

Kellies nomination: worst caricature

I legitimately thought that it was another Biden documents cartoon until I read the speech bubble.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Skios posted:

I legitimately thought that it was another Biden documents cartoon until I read the speech bubble.

I thought it was Ian Holm.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

If the label wasn't there, I would have called this a genuinely good cartoon. But the label just ruins it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Oh poo poo I forgot what weekend it was! So ready to be learn about one specific thing Martin Luther King Jr said and nothing else :getin: