Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sorry I don't think pushing psycho for having a positive read on me is a strong case, especially since bminus seems to feel the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

PsychoSoldier posted:

Yeah, which means I expect you to post more and not just repeat your first two posts

But I see what you did and I'll lol

What's your thought on me so far? How about Illusionis?

I mean the game just started and I’ve only read like 10 posts

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Sorry I don't think pushing psycho for having a positive read on me is a strong case, especially since bminus seems to feel the same.

Oh also cause he "hasn't seen the bonus energy" when binus only just got here like c'mon dude

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh also cause he "hasn't seen the bonus energy" when binus only just got here like c'mon dude

Okay that's kinda weird admittedly.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Bifauxnen posted:

You don't need to have played with Tired before to understand that he is baffling to read, it just makes it harder for me to explain to you why your read sounds bonkers

I haven't found Tired baffling at all this game. The whole "let's turbo me, oh wait that's throwing" thing is possibly one of the tamest "off-the-wall poster" posts I've read.

So if you're gonna vote me, you need more than that. Vibes would be a better answer than this doubling down act.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Tired Moritz posted:

Tbh the more psycho posts the more I get a general read of 'hey this could be flailing scum' rather than just on those early reads, and it's an all-vanilla game at this point so I'm happy to go with my gut and the flow.

Also weirdly aggro/dismissive for somebody who is supposedly trying to put content in. "first time" etc

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Bifauxnen posted:

That's better.

But the read was more about why I liked your vote on binus than any actual feel on binus

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PsychoSoldier posted:

I haven't found Tired baffling at all this game. The whole "let's turbo me, oh wait that's throwing" thing is possibly one of the tamest "off-the-wall poster" posts I've read.

So if you're gonna vote me, you need more than that. Vibes would be a better answer than this doubling down act.

Uh you know the post I cast the vote in mentioned binus, not tired

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PsychoSoldier posted:

That's better.

But the read was more about why I liked your vote on binus than any actual feel on binus

I just keep voting binus the same way I keep eating Doritos mate

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Green Wing posted:

Tbh the more psycho posts the more I get a general read of 'hey this could be flailing scum' rather than just on those early reads, and it's an all-vanilla game at this point so I'm happy to go with my gut and the flow.

Also weirdly aggro/dismissive for somebody who is supposedly trying to put content in. "first time" etc

It's because you're painting my posts as if I don't post like this all the time.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

For real though, keep the votes coming in. The science is worth it.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
hello I just woke up and am an active participant in this here game of maf-i-yay

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don’t think psycho is scum.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

death cob for cutie posted:

hello I just woke up and am an active participant in this here game of maf-i-yay

Once you get caught up, lemme get your read on me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Green Wing posted:

I'd say psycho reminds me of my first couple games of mafia - a little too eager to read into things straight off the bat - but checking history, isn't new, so. I guess I'll keep my vote there.

Binus you haven't said your customary "I'm town" thing, I'm scared please reassure me

What does your heart tell you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t think psycho is scum.

Aw man that woulda been nice though. If he's not it's prolly merk and that'll be a pain in the rear end

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

What does your heart tell you

*pushes hand to temple, nose bleeds, ducks bark in distance*

You're a survivor

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Bifauxnen posted:

Aw man that woulda been nice though. If he's not it's prolly merk and that'll be a pain in the rear end

Why Merk, though? That's a really oddly specific logic train.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
If you think we're the survivors teammates then sorry to say but no. Not me at least

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PsychoSoldier posted:

Why Merk, though? That's a really oddly specific logic train.

It's not logic, it's a feeling of pre-emptive dread at how if you're actually town the merk vote would feel worst

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Votecount for Day 1

PsychoSoldier (4): AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, merk, Green Wing
Tired Moritz (2): Rhymes With Clue, Yata, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
AnonymousNarcotics (1): saladscooper
Illusionis (1): PsychoSoldier
Cloacamazing! (1): Toalpaz
saladscooper (1): Illusionis
merk (1): Maerlyn, PsychoSoldier, PsychoSoldier
Green Wing (1): Cloacamazing!
Toalpaz (0): PsychoSoldier, PsychoSoldier
b-minus1 (0): Green Wing, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Green Wing

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, death cob for cutie, Tired Moritz

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Given the mechanics for obtaining roles in this setup, it wouldn’t surprise me if some of these early votes are scum bussing . I could see a scum parking a vote on a teammate Just in case they end up getting lunched

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Bifauxnen posted:

It's not logic, it's a feeling of pre-emptive dread at how if you're actually town the merk vote would feel worst

Ahhh, it's because of who's voting me, gotcha

His definitely felt the emptiest so far. GW I'm kind of waffling on because it seems a bit like they actually believe their vote if nothing else, if not an opportunistic hop-on.

I think your vote has had the most actual effort behind it, even if I think using the Tired thing is a weak part of your push

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

b-minus1 posted:

Given the mechanics for obtaining roles in this setup, it wouldn’t surprise me if some of these early votes are scum bussing . I could see a scum parking a vote on a teammate Just in case they end up getting lunched

Especially with all the random 1-vote wagons

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

Maerlyn posted:

##vote merk

:hmmyes:

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I do believe my vote but also I will admit I don't know your meta but at this point you're the only read I have and it isn't a town one, so.

I was half considering going back to planting myself back on binus so I'm first there but as much as I think "binus not saying he's town is a scum tell" it's a fun joke I don't think I actually believe it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Am I illiterate but are the two mason powers the exact same thing

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

merk posted:

##vote PsychoSoldier

I don't see how you could possibly have any of these reads so quickly.

pretty sure this is just how psycho rolls from what i've heard about them

GW's +1 on Psycho is pretty bad ngl

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Am I illiterate but are the two mason powers the exact same thing

Yeah they're identical

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tired Moritz posted:

If you think we're the survivors teammates then sorry to say but no. Not me at least

i keep forgetting these exist. the fact that one of them is going to *want* to get lunched is gonna throw a wrench into this game isn't it

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

saladscooper posted:

pretty sure this is just how psycho rolls from what i've heard about them

GW's +1 on Psycho is pretty bad ngl

Hmmm

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

decent point actually, has maer posted anything at all besides that vote? i guess it's still pretty early in the morning for her but still

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Just a reminder that Illusionis is still a great starting wagon. They'd actually make for an excellent counter-wagon to me since that's how this all started. Let's have some real pressure and competition to heat things up. And then we can truly figure out if they're on the up and up when they return.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
TIL this setup has survivors

This changes everything

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i think psycho is town. i don't know that i'm convinced by their point on illu but i'm willing to see where it goes ##Illu

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Oh that’s not a big deal

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

TIL this setup has survivors

This changes everything

Oh yeah did you think I was reading you as a survivor out of nowhere, nah

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Green Wing posted:

Hmm I take back my earlier sus on GW, this reads like town paranoia to me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Actually, I'm gonna prod someone

##vote Death cob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac