Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

PsychoSoldier posted:

I'm here for a hot sec if we need a hammer, but I get if people don't trust me enough to get second pick of an item.

It's already hammer, GW and Binus get a chance at getting viggy with it tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Illusionis posted:

It's already hammer, GW and Binus get a chance at getting viggy with it tomorrow

I think I'm getting my games mixed up because the other one is 9 for hammer

All is well then. Glgl everybody.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

death cob for cutie posted:

it's p. hard to get scum d1 in general imo

:jerkbag:

Yata
Dec 8, 2022
I still have a good feeling about d1 results. Bring on the items.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't understand how merk is simultaneously voting me (presumably bc he thinks I'm scum) and also would be willing to vote the person I think is scum.

Every case is independent.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
That's loving stupid

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That's loving stupid

No it's not, especially not on D1 when you got no clue what anyone is

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Day 1 has ended. Toalpaz, town has been executed. It is now Night 1.

Item Awards:
  • b-minus1 has received an Item for being the first to vote Toalpaz, and will not have a vote on day 2 (this does not change the numbers needed to hammer)..
  • Green Wing has received an Item for being the player to hammer Toalpaz, and will not have a vote on day 2 (this does not change the numbers needed to hammer).
  • Illusionis has received an Item awarded by the audience. I suppose flattery truly pays off.
  • Yata has also received an Item awarded by the audience for being a cool new player.

Yep, two audience awards. The mods giveth and the mods taketh away.

Audience Participation for Night 1: The audience will pick one player before the start of Day 2, and will decide whether that player will be Loved or Hated on Day 2. Also, we are handing lurker controls over to the audience. They will be allowed to identify any potential lurkers and propose suitable punishments. We, the best mods ever, will then decide whether those punishments are enforced.

Remember, all items that are awarded are handed out during Night 1 and can be used during Night 1.

Good luck!

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 18, 2023

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Toalpaz (8): PsychoSoldier, PsychoSoldier, b-minus1, death cob for cutie, Yata, saladscooper, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz, Bifauxnen, AnonymousNarcotics, Rhymes With Clue, Green Wing
AnonymousNarcotics (2): saladscooper, saladscooper, merk, Maerlyn
PsychoSoldier (2): AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, merk, Green Wing, Bifauxnen, Green Wing, merk, Toalpaz, Illusionis, AnonymousNarcotics
Illusionis (1): PsychoSoldier, Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!
merk (1): Maerlyn, PsychoSoldier, PsychoSoldier, Bifauxnen, Green Wing, Maerlyn, Tired Moritz, Rhymes With Clue, Green Wing, Green Wing, Bifauxnen, Rhymes With Clue, Green Wing
Maerlyn (1): Cloacamazing!, Green Wing, Green Wing
Cloacamazing! (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Maerlyn, Maerlyn
saladscooper (0): Illusionis, Illusionis
b-minus1 (0): Green Wing, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Green Wing, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
Green Wing (0): Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!
Rhymes With Clue (0): Green Wing, Green Wing
death cob for cutie (0): Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
Tired Moritz (0): Rhymes With Clue, Yata, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Yata, Toalpaz, Rhymes With Clue, Toalpaz
Yata (0): Green Wing, Green Wing

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 17th, 2023 at 3 p.m. PST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Please remember to send me a number between 1-100 for your potential Item pick, and whether you will ##include Overpowered Items

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

All Items have been delivered

Fun Facts: more than one of you chose 69 as your number. More than one of you chose 96 as your number thinking that everyone else would choose 69.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Voodoofly posted:

Fun Facts: more than one of you chose 69 as your number. More than one of you chose 96 as your number thinking that everyone else would choose 69.

and my reference to the simpsons movie went completely unloved. you're all sick, sick people

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Voodoofly posted:

okay I was one of the 96 people lmao

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Rip toal

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Voodoofly posted:

Oh what the hell

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

A termite walks into a bar and says, "So, is the bar tender here?"

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Voodoofly posted:

Stay classy, internet.

Also I just wanted to say, I am very disappointed in our audience for falling for such obvious shallow flattery. I for one will not stoop to such base tactics!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Voodoofly posted:

Audience Participation for Night 1: The audience will pick one player before the start of Day 2, and will decide whether that player will be Loved or Hated on Day 2. Also, we are handing lurker controls over to the audience. They will be allowed to identify any potential lurkers and propose suitable punishments. We, the best mods ever, will then decide whether those punishments are enforced.

This, on the other hand, can only bring greatness.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Oh right, how do you feel about shifting deadlines so all of us have a chance to hammer at some point? I think that's the fairest option, assuming it's feasible for Voodoo.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

Oh right, how do you feel about shifting deadlines so all of us have a chance to hammer at some point? I think that's the fairest option, assuming it's feasible for Voodoo.

If you can't stay up all night to play mafia you're not trying!

But actually this is a point. The deadline should be at the mod's convenience but we do have a lot of time zones covered with our mods.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Scum team: Green Wing, PsychoSoldier, one of illusionis/saladscooper

Not scum: Cloacamazing, death cob, Bif

That's my N1 assessment.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Baby seals need their sleep! If I don't get enough sleep, I will be a very grumpy baby seal, and can you imagine that?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Cloacamazing! posted:

Baby seals need their sleep! If I don't get enough sleep, I will be a very grumpy baby seal, and can you imagine that?

:ohdear:

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

[quote="Green Wing" post="529170554"]

I'm thinking we should probably aim to get people to immediately reveal what item they got. Since there is twilight posting, presumably people will be able to post between getting and using the items? Hell, we could even make using them a collective decision.
[/quote

I know I said this yesterday but I'm not nearly big brained enough to work out whether this is a good idea or not now that I'm looking at it this morning, maybe it isn't after all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man I literally can't even remember the last time I ever got a survivorish role. Have I ever? This wacky variant is especially great. And right now, if I had a point about merk, I don't need to actually care that no listened except to pile on the wrong choice soon as I moved. Not that I'm super confident about it or nothing though. I still wanna see if I can get things right cause that's more fun than not trying to solve the puzzle, but it doesn't quite have the same pressure as usual.

Sucks to be you guys!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How funny would it be if Bif got night killed

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

How funny would it be if Bif got night killed

My one weakness

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Wait, are we allowed to still discuss the game, too? I thought it was just like general chat until the day phase started

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Voodoofly posted:

- ETERNAL TWILIGHT: if you are hammered you don't talk. Everyone else can talk about anything they want, game related or not, all night long. You don't need to wait for me to post a flip or anything.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Rhymes With Clue posted:

If you can't stay up all night to play mafia you're not trying!

But actually this is a point. The deadline should be at the mod's convenience but we do have a lot of time zones covered with our mods.

i'd support rotating deadlines yeah, if i were in the EU i wouldn't want to stay up past midnight just to get an item

not that it stopped GW anyway but still

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

-

I really wanna be like lol this is joke phase whatever but this vote is really pinging me

##vote psychos

Can you actually explain why this vote pinged you?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

I'd say it's more likely to be harmful than good for town, since there's some stuff that you might not want scum to know about. I'm very curious about the Mystery Item (tm), and looking forward to finding out if anybody got a vig, but if nothing else I am confident we'll find the latter out soon enough.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing, could you let me know where your reads stand right now? When I asked earlier, you specifically focused on the people voting me and didn't really come out with any concrete conclusions. Now that we have our first flip, where's your head at?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Yata posted:

I need to reread all the posts after I finish studying and make some notes before being an armchair psychologist but I have my eyes on Tired and bifauxnen. It's hard to judge the quiet people, though (that includes me, I guess.).

Also, Yata, did you ever explain why your eye was on these two?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

As for other reads, the posts that stand out for me right now are:

Pretty sure Maerlyn is in the "merk doesn't play often, so let's not lunch him D1" camp. At the very least, she was saying that in Cookfia.

Similar to AN, we have another specimen of "I'm only joking BUT".

Not really a fan of that post, prodding someone right after they wander into the thread.

And certainly not a fan of that post. GW, are you continuing your scummy streak? This is a safe place, you can tell us. It's not safe.

I actually forgot this post which has more solid stances, but I'd still like your updated reads regardless

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

About halfway through rereading the thread and I have detailed notes and stuff, but I think I'm looking in the direction of RWC, Anarc, Maer, and merk first off.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

PsychoSoldier posted:

-

Can you actually explain why this vote pinged you?

There had only been one vote in the game thus far. This felt like scum just jumping on the bandwagon. Plus the text that went with the vote just felt awkward to me. IDK just in my brain this felt very manufactured.

At the time of my vote that awkward post was basically all I was going off, but since then I definitely still feel that psychos could be scum. Not providing a lot of reads, just asking other people for theirs. And the reads that they are providing are all town reads.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

There had only been one vote in the game thus far. This felt like scum just jumping on the bandwagon. Plus the text that went with the vote just felt awkward to me. IDK just in my brain this felt very manufactured.

At the time of my vote that awkward post was basically all I was going off, but since then I definitely still feel that psychos could be scum. Not providing a lot of reads, just asking other people for theirs. And the reads that they are providing are all town reads.

Let's say I get shot right now and you see me flip town. Who else are you looking at after that?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

I'm abandoning the sus on merk.

-

merk posted:

I think my psycho vote is pretty good. Psycho’s reaction to the light pressure was post vomit which seems scummy too.

Not too sure I like the doubling down, but I think this is a decent read. And merk, in the least, doesn't fade into the background after this. The follow up post on Bif, though, at least shows a consistent perspective that doesn't seem to be just pushing an opportunistic angle as much as being actual reads they believe. I also like the defense of toal when they're tied as the main lead wagons. Progression into voting Anon despite them voting me as well is also a great look.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

You all are free to suggest deadline times in here or in your discord chat. Honestly the few people who suggested a deadline for day 1 all had the last deadline as working for them.

Also please get night actions in sooner rather than later. If you aren’t doing anything say that too. I’m not going to put a hard deadline on submitting but the longer you wait the more likely I convince the audience you should be hated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

death cob for cutie posted:

there's no benefit to casting your vote willy-nilly, that's not what I was arguing, and you're smart enough to know that

##vote toalpaz

lovely drive-by post slamming a bunch of people but not actually putting up anything of substance, dishonorable posting, your posting art is a dog's