Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And if Newsom and the state legislature proposed top build the sort of infrastructure needed to capture as much rainwater as possible, you'd bitch and bitch about the DEBT that spending would cause. gently caress off, Mike.

This is a perfect example of the bullshit two-step even the "sane" Republicans do:
1) Point out a problem, real or imagined, and act all "woe is me" about it.
2) Refuse to support any sane solution because fixing the issue isn't the point.

I mean we all know this routine, it's just nice to see it so succinctly illustrated.
If anything a major part of this plan is causing those very problems. Slash funding to the post office for decades so you can point out how bad it is. Creating problems and then complaining about them is a winning strategy.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Nice hat you loving nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

“Hypocrisy is political kryptonite” lol

Republicans will argue both sides of something mere weeks apart and nobody will give a poo poo. Democrats aren’t much better, but they don’t have a spin apparatus designed to hammer in lies as fact.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
ho ho those out of touch elitists are supposed to be representing the people, why would they even know about the most popular app?

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Guavanaut posted:

ho ho those out of touch elitists are supposed to be representing the people, why would they even know about the most popular app?

Nothing says elitism like "government employee".

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Troubled waters by Yang Duoyi

Le Monde

Israël : le gouvernement sous le feu des oppositions/Israel: the government underfire by the opposition by Osama Hajjaj from Jordan

by Herrmann from Switzerland
"64!"
"What sort of grandparents do we want to leave our grandkids?"

Charlie Hebdo

Towards a new May '68!
Run comrades, retirement looms before you!

Let's be realistic and ask to keep the unique retirement plans

Private Health Insurance=SS

On fire: Adult Diapers

The Rest are posters intended to be used in tomorrow's major strike in complaint of the change of retirement age:

Be a geezer and shut up!

22, voila the elderly

Just one more trimester and it'd of been ok

Macron you're hosed, the beasts are on the prowl!

I skimmed the piece and I think it accompanies the memory of the writer who experienced the CH shooting while at the hospital. I'm not sure if he worked there and was saved due to a surgery or what but I didn't feel like reading the whole thing.

Hospitals need funding
"Scalpel."
"And Mr Lançon is asking for Schumann!"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Feedback: I'd prefer the Hebdos to be in img tags not timg tags, as I use the app and don't wanna tap them all. Not sure what others might prefer though

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

Troubled waters by Yang Duoyi

What's this about? If I had to guess, it's that the excessive amount of plastic pollution in the ocean is worse for the fish than the overfishing. But that's a surprising stance for the China Daily.

I do like the nonsensical image of an anglerfish attracting it's prey with a hook.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Guess who's still alive...

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

cant cook creole bream posted:

What's this about? If I had to guess, it's that the excessive amount of plastic pollution in the ocean is worse for the fish than the overfishing. But that's a surprising stance for the China Daily.

I do like the nonsensical image of an anglerfish attracting it's prey with a hook.

I think it's just there is to much plastic pollution in the oceans, period. The rest of the imagery is intended to be striking and look cool, not convey additional meaning.

Skios posted:

It honestly boggles the mind how he could have spent 50 years as a professional cartoonist without his drawing ability ever progressing beyond the grade school level.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 18, 2023

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Strong av material

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah all this moral degeneracy is planned by shadowy actors in secret. I've heard that one before!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Art Official Intelligence Or Lack Thereof

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

lmao

edit: belated nom
Kellies Nomination: Ugliest Cartoon

ajkalan fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 16, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Considering how many political tools are "AGC" or ":confused:", you probably could just feed an AI your back catalogue of comics and call it a day living off what it shits out.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers.

Rowe:

Peter Dutton is still going after Albanese on the indigenous Voice to Parliament referendum.

Wilcox:

Spooner:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on UK ministers blocking Scotland’s gender recognition law – Nicola Sturgeon and Rishi Sunak have come to blows over what the SNP called an ‘attack on the Scottish parliament’"

Telegraph:

Teaching union accused of using 'biased' inflation measure ahead of strikes

Matt:

Europe’s push for economic ‘sovereignty’ hits the skids in Davos

Independent:

Times:

David Carrick: every officer to be checked against police databases; "What makes Happy Valley so brilliant? Corpses, yoga-fart jokes and Sarah Lancashire"

Evening Standard:

Tube and London bus fares to rise by nearly 6% from March

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on UK ministers blocking Scotland’s gender recognition law – Nicola Sturgeon and Rishi Sunak have come to blows over what the SNP called an ‘attack on the Scottish parliament’"

Independent:

The first one is a bit too close to an all-sides-are-bad for me, implying Sturgeon is just as culpable for this, but the second one has gone all the way into blaming sturgeon for deliberately passing a law that the tories just have to block or something. Even the "good" british political cartoonists keen failing to understand scotland. though i should be glad Mac hasn't had a hot take on gender recognition reform yet

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Oh, just die already.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Finally, an optimistic Lubchansky

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Ann Telnaes

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Mike Peters

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Oh dang is that all that happened? They got stored? Phew.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

What?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
"Republicans' obsession with being anti-woke has left them asleep at the wheel when it comes to governance."

The opposite of "woke" is asleep, see.

:thejoke:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Obama should just use the same “I declassified them with the power of thought.” excuse and see how wild the justifications go from there.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

A middle-aged conservative man has committed suicide by leaving his car running in an enclosed space. A Dark Cartoon.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Steve Kelly

Tom Stiglich

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Ramirez can never help himself with his endless 'Where's Waldo' political cartoons. Biden's smack dab in the middle, but small enough that he just blends in with all the endless noise. I didn't even realize he was there until I had a second, more careful look and spotted the white void halo. The laptop and confidential files box are off to the side in a really awkward space, but at least they're visible. Meanwhile, the TARDIS is the cleanest, most eye drawing thing in the cartoon, but it's on the complete opposite end and the label isn't even necessary. All of this is made even worse by his grime-imitating crosshatching.

Garrison also crams a thousand things into his cartoons at times, but Garrison's art is clean with thick lines and very basic colors, and it's easy to see what he wants you to focus on because his subjects are always loving gigantic and usually near the center.

Ramirez is a loving hack, but also he just made me speak favorably of Ben Garrison's wild political vomit art, which is unforgivable.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I cant believe Jerma has a time machine

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

People who have made their entire career around blind allegiance to a brand of identity politics are now asleep at the wheel of government, leading us to complete disaster. A decent Bennett.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Literally the opposite of reality. I know that's Branco's whole thing, but drat do I hate seeing these clowns.

Honestly? Investigate them both. Establish the chain of custody and see where the information could have gone. Find out what the scale of damage coild have been, equally. Spillage should be a legit concern, but you will never hear it from these chucklefucks.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 19, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Maybe you should use your loving time portal to make money, I'unno.

Seriously, how are you broke if you have a time machine handy?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Maybe you should use your loving time portal to make money, I'unno.

Seriously, how are you broke if you have a time machine handy?
The comic is a joke about housing prices and the impossibility of affording them for most young people, not a serious proposal that time travel is a viable solution

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Farecoal posted:

A middle-aged conservative man has committed suicide by leaving his car running in an enclosed space. A Dark Cartoon.

Like to charge the MAGA suicide spell reblog to cast

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Anyway

kartikeya fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 19, 2023

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

kartikeya posted:

Meanwhile, the TARDIS is the cleanest, most eye drawing thing in the cartoon, but it's on the complete opposite end and the label isn't even necessary.
...that's a cabinet.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

...that's a cabinet.

I know a TARDIS when I see one.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I have to also screech about property values because if they don't go up then I'll never go back in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

That's clearly a Stargate, which is used for interplanetary travel and not time travel. A Bad Cartoon.