Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DariusLikewise posted:

24/28, 2 TDs, no INTs. Merry Christmas!

You realize that the more this happens the more likely Baker is your QB next year, right? Utter disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

You realize that the more this happens the more likely Baker is your QB next year, right? Utter disaster.

Stafford isn’t retiring.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Stafford isn’t retiring.

yea it looks like Stafford and co want to run it back one more year and at least retire on a moderately good season

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t think that will happen but a man can dream I guess

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde routine continues with Baker Mayfield. One good week, one horrible week. Not the stuff anyone would want to bank their gambling money on, or their reputations (but some here have insisted, so sink or swim accordingly, suckas!).

The line from today:

11 for 19, an anemic 132 yards passing, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 79.3 rating in a 31-10 loss to the Chargers.

Bahahahaha!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If you believed that Baker was actually good because he played ok in a few games against terrible teams, you're an idiot.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

CocoaNuts posted:

The Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde routine continues with Baker Mayfield. One good week, one horrible week. Not the stuff anyone would want to bank their gambling money on, or their reputations (but some here have insisted, so sink or swim accordingly, suckas!).

The line from today:

11 for 19, an anemic 132 yards passing, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 79.3 rating in a 31-10 loss to the Chargers.

Bahahahaha!!!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

CocoaNuts posted:

The line from today:

Bahahahaha!!!

This is a worse gimmick than the Raiders ref conspiracy, hth

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Freaquency posted:

This is a worse gimmick than the Raiders ref conspiracy, hth

I don’t think it’s a gimmick, I think that guys brain broke when people made fun of him for his Baker take before the trade and now he’s just like this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:agreed:

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

^ Nails it!

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think it’s a gimmick, I think that guys brain broke when people made fun of him for his Baker take before the trade and now he’s just like this.

A bunch of you are eating crow. But "his brain broke" is easier. Tsk tsk.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

CocoaNuts posted:

A bunch of you are eating crow. But "his brain broke" is easier. Tsk tsk.

I don’t have a single post about Mayfield in this thread, I just know an extended meltdown when I see one.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Where're we going to be on the cycle next Sunday? Just trying to figure out how worried I should be for the Seahawks to get that last dub.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Nervous posted:

Where're we going to be on the cycle next Sunday? Just trying to figure out how worried I should be for the Seahawks to get that last dub.

Depends on if the LA media gives a poo poo enough to roast him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t have a single post about Mayfield in this thread

Chris James 2 posted:

Thread OP wrong again, what a shock

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Breer saying the expected market for Derek Carr is the Commies, Jets, and Panthers.

Also says Brady is their probable target with a rookie being very unlikely.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Breer saying the expected market for Derek Carr is the Commies, Jets, and Panthers.

Also says Brady is their probable target with a rookie being very unlikely.

Brady is whose target? The Raiders?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Id assume either the jets or commies before the panthers.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Brady is whose target? The Raiders?

Yeah Raiders will be going after Brady. My bad.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Very Divorced Guy winding up in Vegas is just incredible scriptwriting by the NFL

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah Raiders will be going after Brady. My bad.

I guess him and Joshy make sense for 1 year...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

If you believed that Baker was actually good because he played ok in a few games against terrible teams, you're an idiot.

- guy who falls in love with every Jets player that has 1.5 good games

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Freaquency posted:

Very Divorced Guy winding up in Vegas is just incredible scriptwriting by the NFL

One of my best friends lives in Vegas and is a Bucs fan, and seeing him already miserable this year because of the state of the team and Tom is one thing, seeing Tom leave the team but be closer than ever in distance to him would be a cruel act of God

But it'd also be funny for those very reasons, so I hope it happens

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

This seems like a big downgrade at QB.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

- guy who falls in love with every Jets player that has 1.5 good games

WTF are you talking about lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Commies are informing OC candidates that their QB will be Sam Howell.

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1614288926671355907?s=61&t=XXxR3Q2Ay8JQ91cSJu9G6g

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Commies are informing OC candidates that their QB will be Sam Howell.

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1614288926671355907?s=61&t=XXxR3Q2Ay8JQ91cSJu9G6g

I’m sure that news will have the candidates lining up.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It could be just telling guys to assume Howell unless we can upgrade. RapSheet says the Seahawks will use the franchise tag on Geno if they can’t work out a deal.

Also lists Jets, Panthers, and Commies in play for Carr.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1614310289398169602?s=46&t=8de2Kui5MHoqyuN4-VAKMA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carr has a full no trade, shouldn't he just refuse to accept a trade so they have to cut him and he can sign wherever he wants?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Carr has a full no trade, shouldn't he just refuse to accept a trade so they have to cut him and he can sign wherever he wants?

I would think if he was trying to maximise his money you'd just refuse to go anywhere and take the highest bid.

Then again he might not care and just want to go to the best situation and so he might be fine with just taking a trade if it all lines up.

I gotta think though in this instance if those three teams are accurate, it's a little tough when none of them have a full coaching staff

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The good thing for him is that all 3 would give him the best defenses he’s ever played with.

If he’s traded he’s locked into a 3/$121m deal right? Not sure what his deal would look like on a FA contract but that could be a reason he doesn’t veto a trade.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

his agent really sucks if he lets derek accept a trade anywhere. he has the opportunity to get a 5 year deal with a small raise in it, or at least one of those two things

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

The good thing for him is that all 3 would give him the best defenses he’s ever played with.

If he’s traded he’s locked into a 3/$121m deal right? Not sure what his deal would look like on a FA contract but that could be a reason he doesn’t veto a trade.

All three teams would instantly be contenders in their division after the trade. More so if they wanted to chase extra offensive talent in the draft instead of a QB.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Cavauro posted:

his agent really sucks if he lets derek accept a trade anywhere. he has the opportunity to get a 5 year deal with a small raise in it, or at least one of those two things

He has a no trade clause, he can make more money using that to get an extension in exchange for waiving it to be traded

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i know. just kidding earlier. It's a done deal

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
How many teams need QBs vs what’s available?

QBs:

3 First round talents
Lamar (?)
Rodgers (?)
Carr
Brady
Jimmy G

Teams:
Raiders
Bucs
Panthers
Saints
Falcons
Texans
Colts
Ravens (?)
Redskins
Jets

Depends on how they feel about the not awful current option:
NYG
Phins
Lions

So that’s 8 possible starting QBs and 10-13 possible teams.

Unless I’m missing some QBs then a handful of teams are bout to be hosed. (Bucs are almost certainly one of these)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

falcons should give their guy a full season

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I think Washington + the entire NFC South can muddle along with whoever they have or can sign off of the garbage heap and have a chance at making the playoffs.

Anyone who lands one of the possible goodish free agents or one of the better draft picks has a better show obviously. Jets might be alright with anyone...just anyone else they can sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

QBs:

3 First round talents
Lamar (?)
Rodgers (?)

If the Ravens can't sign Lamar, they'll tag him.

There's no viable way for the Packers to move Rodgers; they're already $16 million over the projected cap and even a post-June 1 trade scenario still puts them in hell. They have to blow up the team if they cut him. They gave him that poison-pill extension offer and now they have to deal with it.