Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lewis is gonna win 2023 while our Logan 'wolverine' Sergeant spends his rookie yeear honing his skills and gets invited to take georges 'deadbeat' russel's seat in 24 when lewis will win again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

max will never win another wdc***

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

ethanol posted:

max will never win another wdc***

ive leave that the opposite of what goons say is true

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

Is that what you're calling that island you visit now?

island they live on*

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Ferrari's simulator says there's no reason Ferrari can't win the next 23 GPs

https://twitter.com/SmilexTech/status/1615818148434911246

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I can think of a whole team of reasons.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

did they remember to enable the other teams asking for my friend fred

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Well it looks like the Scud is back on top where they belong #forzaferrari #forzafred

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is there any chance of Ferrari keeping with a consistent car model numbering scheme

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Is it time to start paying attention again yet?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khablam posted:

Sounds like it's going to be yet another epic year to be a Scud supporter OP.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

*Slaps the side of the Ferrari Motorhome*

"You won't believe how many ways to fail they can fit in this bad boy"

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

Is there any chance of Ferrari keeping with a consistent car model numbering scheme

lol thats cute

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

2023 being the first year after the FIA deciding that your catering budget can pay for car parts, I fully expect some teams to be doing things like "no, that's not the front wing that we had to pit to change, that was a drinks reception".

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
What is the consensus on The Race here? They seem to be pretty decent - or at the very least less annoying than other F1 Websites.

I miss F1 Rejects…

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Their videos are awful, just a load of guessing about what might happen, no video content that would need a license from F1, and every 30s there's a reminder to like and subscribe. Also they should consider paying someone to do the voiceover for them, because whoever reads it currently doesn't have the right voice for it.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

If George wins WDC, Thatcher gets brought back from the dead.

Bring back Grosjean to do the needful.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

George will spend the peak of his driving years in a Mercedes that can't quite consistently get wins, some younger replacement for Lewis (PBUH) will then show up just when the car is perfect again and beat George every time out.

What I'm saying is that Thatcher will remain dead.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Khablam posted:

The rival teams are simulated as potatoes

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Frond posted:

What is the consensus on The Race here? They seem to be pretty decent - or at the very least less annoying than other F1 Websites.

I miss F1 Rejects…

https://www.the-race.com/podcasts/

i like their f1 podcast because of mark hughes.

i also like their indycar podcast. j.r. hildebrand is pretty good and knows the drivers so he has unique things to say. the british guy recently interviewed graham rahal, which was funny because graham is so overconfident.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Frond posted:

I miss F1 Rejects…

They’re an Aramco talking head.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

I miss F1 Rejects…

I used to read crash.net since it covered MotoGP as well but in the past year it's increasingly wrote more tabloid-like articles to the point now where the entire front page is complete garbage

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Motorsports media seems pretty terrible, in general. I don't really follow any other sports, so maybe that's just how it goes when your ideal audience is full of pisswater-chugging morons (of which I am one).

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Almost all journalism is hosed because of money, either there's none of it so all the writers are burned out to gently caress, or it comes from shady places so they can get a solid puff piece ratio out of it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Online media definitely hosed up journalism across the board but half of that is that the end user just doesn't pay for it anymore so you either get a shitload of sponsored stories to close the funding gap and/or minimal effort puff pieces

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Motorsport Magazine is good but I pay for that.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s shocking how awful PlanetF1 and Motorsport.com are.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

Motorsport Magazine is good but I pay for that.

It's definitely the best, they employ the only good MotoGP reporter in the industry. Everyone else is either a KTM shill or unironically mentally deranged

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

i only read race fans dot net for the pictures

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frond posted:

I miss F1 Rejects…

The Autosport and Motorsport paywalls have gotten so over the top that both sites are almost unusable. Motorsport won't let me read anything with adblock enabled. And neither are even remotely good enough to justify paying for these days. Racer is pretty good if you care about other racing series too, but their F1-specific coverage isn't quite as good as others IMO.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Racer is decent outside the comment section. I wish Super GT/Super Formula were covered by anybody other than MS.com in English. There are some good guys on Twitter who cover it though.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Khablam posted:

I'm ready to be hurt again.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Frond posted:

Racer is decent outside the comment section. I wish Super GT/Super Formula were covered by anybody other than MS.com in English. There are some good guys on Twitter who cover it though.

Removing the races from YouTube was the biggest mistake they made. It would have gotten more popular internationally if they had kept it up plus it had Our Sam as a commentator too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Frond posted:

RJ O’Connell gets his coverage of Super GT up on Daily Sports Car, so that’s something. Super Formula is still a bit of a gap for English non-tweet coverage.

The Race is a decent baseline, with a lot of good insight from Mark Hughes and Gary Anderson, but they also do some dumb things, like ask if endurance racing should change race formats to chase after the lesser spotted “normal fan” :rolleyes:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Very good and correct posts at motorsport.com here :hfive:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Did we get any pictures of the wee sized drivers posing with the NBA players?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Skarsnik posted:

Is it time to start paying attention again yet?

no

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

Did we get any pictures of the wee sized drivers posing with the NBA players?

https://twitter.com/RyanGreeneDNVR/status/1616089274897813508

Might be a good place to start

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Those little shrimps. He should dunk them.