Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Stuffed a sample tube full of cat turds yesterday and just got official word that my boys are Giardia free! :toot:

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

BobHoward posted:

yeah when they've been playing or snuggling but then hiss at you or thwack tails hard, it's generally just overstimulation and they need some alone time to calm down

Yeah, that's been it with the cats I've known. They're all worked up and don't really know what to do with the energy so they swipe/hiss/bite to indicate that they are done being stimulated, thank you.

We had one cat who really wanted you to pet her (she'd leap at your hands with her head) but less than a second of petting would put her over into crazypants mode, and she'd bite/scratch and run away. Strange lady. She lived in the garage in a heated bed and seemed to like it that way.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Crocobile posted:

Stuffed a sample tube full of cat turds yesterday

lmao

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Roosevelt posted:

95% of the time she's a menace, but i can only get pictures while she's being sweet

same thing with Luna. her actual favorite thing to do is bite toes, and her second favorite thing to do is bite fingers. yelping does not deter her. but drat if she isn't cute

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My GF washed our fort warms and now Lucille is just sleeping on its foamless corpse

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

My GF washed our fort warms and now Lucille is just sleeping on its foamless corpse

on top of a plush pillow mattress. o the horror.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

That poor cat :((( Suffering.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bonbon has such a tiny little voice. I'll try capture it on video when I can. :3:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Roosevelt posted:

on top of a plush pillow mattress. o the horror.

The fort warms heating pad is in that blanket and it was totally ignored until the shell of the fort was put on top of it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

A real princess and the pea situation if you ask me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Despair posted:

The three states of claude

peaceful

plotting

pouncing

lmfao

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 24, 2023

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

YOU DIED

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:monocle:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:tinfoil:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

just as the prophecy fortold...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i got her to see Pudding while eating and she didn’t growl or hiss, just kept eating. Pudding wanted to be out of her sight as fast as possible. I think Pudding might be scared of her hahahaha.

She's not settling in as fast as any of the boys have but I've been kind of expecting this might be the case with girl cats.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 24, 2023

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

Synthbuttrange posted:

i got her to see Pudding while eating and she didn’t growl or hiss, just kept eating. Pudding wanted to be out of her sight as fast as possible. I think Pudding might be scared of her hahahaha.

She's not settling in as fast as any of the boys have but I've been kind of expecting this might be the case with girl cats.

she looks very well behaved and polite

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Has Pudding ever met a girl cat other than his mother? Maybe he's scared of girls.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BobHoward posted:

hi bonbon! you're a cutie!

the TNR volunteer who placed my ex-ferals with me had great advice for dealing with hand and other trust issues - she had me get some inaba churu puree treats and hand-feed a tube once a day, every day

it works quite well, and would probably help bonbon adjust. she doesn't need this the way ferals do, she's already well socialized and will figure things out on her own, but it might help her settle in faster

lol tried one just now, finished off the whole tube then hissed at me for being so close. Just going to keep at it.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Bonbon do the integration.

Long and comfy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Chloeeee

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
the grump is strong in this one

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She yelled for more playtime and loves the ribbon on a stick. Then after she was tired out she hissed at me again. Maybe she doesnt really mean it hahah. :v:

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

walk walk fashion chloe

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well, in the one play session she's hissed at me, headbutted and rubbed herself all over me then hissed again. Is this the legendary tortitude?

Ed: oh god shes so pointy and hates having her paws touched.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 24, 2023

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Longbon

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bonbon has those rummy eyes

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well, in the one play session she's hissed at me, headbutted and rubbed herself all over me then hissed again. Is this the legendary tortitude?

a neck to rival Din

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is this the legendary tortitude?

yes

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

tootsie roll

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1616848786755846145?s=20&t=smBFh8qtOlH2-y5AHYPJdQ

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Heroes Never Die

Rowdy and the big box of birds

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

pierogi has discovered blankets but hasn’t quite fully figured them out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012