Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

fisting by many posted:

i think traditionally blue chips are used for unusual denominations like $0.50 or $2.50 (eg. for 3:2 payouts in $5 blackjack, when such a thing still existed)

which is even more fitting

there used to be 2:1 $5 tables and it ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

gently caress i made the mistake of clicking on a "crypto music" video someone posted here a couple days ago and now youtube thinks i want to see more of that

why would you not

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

you have to be logged in for that, right? the last thing i want is to create a youtube account to tell youtube to stop tracking me as much. it seems counterproductive

i've always assumed that youtube tracks people more who don't have an account, like just out of spite

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

If you’re using the normal Youtube client (as opposed to something like Invidious) and you’re not using private browsing or manually deleting cookies between sessions, then as far as being tracked is concerned, I don’t see how it would matter much whether you have an account.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
yeah probably the only difference in that scenario is that google would know specifically that you're you, instead of like a 98% confidence that it's you. lol

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
i just always open youtube in an incognito site, and ublock origin hides everything except the search box on the front page, so i never get recommended anything, nor do i see an ocean of :-O on the front page anymore.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
red arrow points at thing while a dethatched human face makes an unnatural expression

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
i'm on youtube on a handful of different accounts cause i have a wannabe car workshop vlog account plus a shitposting and another casual viewing one. if you try to have multiple aliases under the same google account, it's a huge clusterfuck. make a specific one just for curating youtube and do nothing else with it other than that

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

if you watch one gaming video on youtube your recommendations suddenly get filled with the loving worst poo poo like "LIBS TRIGGERED BY FAILURE OF WOKE VELMA", likewise if you watch a single theme park video it decides you're super interested in anything tagged as disney, though that one actually worked as i got to see a bunch of hilarious videos of the most hateful middle aged child-free motherfuckers on the planet complaining about how they feel like they're getting ripped off paying $2k a night for top tier hotel rooms at disney world

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Delete stuff from history. Use the BlockTube and SponsorBlock browser extensions.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

blocktube i haven't heard of before and immediately installed, i know youtube has the "don't show channel" option but it seems to conveniently forget i don't ever want to see ben shapiro or joe loving rogan videos every few months

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

njsykora posted:

if you watch one gaming video on youtube your recommendations suddenly get filled with the loving worst poo poo

I watch a bunch of stupid gaming stuff on YT and I’ve never been served terrible garbage

idk what my secret super power is but I’ve never had right wing shitstains ever show up in my feed on any social media

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I watch YouTube on my TV but because I reliably watch the same 5 niche channels it recommends the same stuff and gives me hilariously poorly targeted adverts

also my wife turned the TV on once and it reloaded YT and she asked "why is the TV showing me nerd poo poo about wh40k?". my secret shame....

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

evilweasel posted:

In the FTX bankruptcy the former “chief regulatory officer” (lol) just randomly filed a declaration saying that, to paraphrase, “Sullivan & Cromwell are all a bunch of crooks” with some very specific detail. apparently without actually talking to anyone objecting, and it is…well, I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end

https://restructuring.ra.kroll.com/FTX/Home-DownloadPDF?id1=MTQzODk5NA==&id2=-1

S&C are FTX’s current bankruptcy lawyers. Their application to be debtor’s counsel in the bankruptcy is scheduled for tomorrow. it should be quite the event!

loving loooooooooool

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Genesis has filed for bankruptcy. DCG/greyscale trust hasn't yet but they should get sued shortly which may push them in too.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I wanna see those wish.com, low-rent replica Armie Hammer twins go down.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

evilweasel posted:

Genesis has filed for bankruptcy. DCG/greyscale trust hasn't yet but they should get sued shortly which may push them in too.

... now!!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

someone on the goon lawyer discord during the nft craze would defend crypto saying that it wasn’t just criminals and scammers anymore. it started that way but is 100% legit now. i laugh thinking of that because the crypto world has been nothing but scammers since satoshi dipped. it is and always has been about separating people from their money.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

I watch a bunch of stupid gaming stuff on YT and I’ve never been served terrible garbage

idk what my secret super power is but I’ve never had right wing shitstains ever show up in my feed on any social media

my youtube is all slow tv now
autoplay will just queue up train cab view cameras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0vrhCqFUFE

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
noice

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

refleks posted:

I wanna see those wish.com, low-rent replica Armie Hammer twins go down.

They must be furious that their ancient college days arch rival is doing so well and surfing the wave of Web3 through his incredible Metaverse.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

mine thinks i really want to see some guy in an american flag cowboy hat do really lovely drainage work

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
mine's always just the same 20 recommended videos from a handful of channels i follow and while i do enjoy those channels' content i don't necessarily want to watch every last video they've ever uploaded. sometimes i dismiss one of those videos. i guess it's probably an overreaction from how things were a couple of years ago back when you'd see an interesting recommended video out of the corner of your eye on the front page and then you'd hit Back and it would be gone.

anyway yeah despite following a bunch of video game crap i've never been suggested any videos from Little Ben or anybody like that. maybe it's because i don't have any interest in Warhammer 40K or Linux Tech Tips or any of those other 10M follower Youtube Reaction Face accounts

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

let’s check in and see how the FTX hearing is going…

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1616460023864983557

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

smellmycheese posted:

let’s check in and see how the FTX hearing is going…

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1616460023864983557

yeah the judge just flat-out ignored it and decided there would be no asking of any questions

that is, uh, a decision. i'm very curious if this will get appealed.

edit: the judge just approved their retention, asking no questions whatsoever about the things in the declaration. i expect we will hear more on this issue! but very sorry for anyone who tuned in expecting to hear anything interesting.

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 20, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

looks like the Russians are coming for Fraudo..

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1616527181387104263

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
sounds like it was, actually, able to keep them out

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
oh no sammy's going to get murdered

fack you
Sep 12, 2002

For Life
why is the color of the car relevant at all...like why even bring up that detail

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

fack you posted:

why is the color of the car relevant at all...like why even bring up that detail

quote:

a lime green car drove into a barricade outside the house and three men said "You won't be able to keep us out" before driving off.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

fack you posted:

cause black cars are driven by scary people

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a dented pontiac sunfire with an autobot sticker on the hood drove into a barricade outside the house and three men said "You won't be able to keep us out" before driving off.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

At least it wasn't a Tesla :ohdear:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

gschmidl posted:

At least it wasn't a Tesla :ohdear:

tbh i'd be more scared if there was a tesla parked outside my home

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

A good channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/lorirocks777/videos

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
you know who was in a safe place after the collapse of his exchange
mark (who did nothing :wrong:)

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Boxturret posted:

Something something intrinsic value

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

a clown car drove into a barricade outside the house and thirty to forty feral men jumped out and said "You won't be able to keep us out of your polycule" before driving off.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

hell yeah love these. i’ve seen a bunch of the ones in the alps but the snow covered fjords are quite nice too.

idk if i’d enjoy non-snowy ones as much but i haven’t watched many yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Boxturret posted:

about to get beaten to death by the finest of 3d printed tactical clubs