Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:piss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
This ninja turtles arc of gamer dilbert is nuts.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hot yellow stuff

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hoisted by his own pissjar

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Previously on Opplopolis: what the author describes in the chapter notes as "A new epistemology of time, typo, [...]"

Oh cool, didn't know this baron dude was my boss.

Holy poo poo that last page was nothing but compete knock outs!

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Narts and the teakettle samurai are my favorite comics itt.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Mr. Sunshine posted:

This dude has a porcelain problem.

Hey man, he can quit any time he likes .

mycatscrimes posted:

Narts and the teakettle samurai are my favorite comics itt.

I'm enjoying Penultimate Quest and Opplopolis, myself.

Emzedoh posted:

Hyouge Mono chapter 4: Tea Room Fantasy

Tea's up, love.

poo poo man, you've been rumbled! Also maybe don't ever try to play high stakes poker.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joost and Eren sit down to share a nice meal and a glass of wine! Joost catches a glimpse of Wang Chen and drops his glass in shock!

Read right to left:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The tale of Swolederella never gets old

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ranking of King

Chapter 49

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Blind Alley

I absolutely love this slingshot subplot.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I wonder if Araki ever kicks himself for using the name Styx so early on such a nothing character.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

That's 'Daddy Styx'

Also blind alley has been more comprehensible posted like 8 at a time multiple times a week. Was NOT expecting to see a bird get gibbed that's wild.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Chako

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

pretty freakin' nasty

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Flying Zamboni posted:

I wonder if Araki ever kicks himself for using the name Styx so early on such a nothing character.

Nah, I'd bet money that Styx was just what came up on his playlist while he was writing that part. Kinda similar to Doobie (bros), the snake-head guy that Joost easily kills, and Beck in part 2, who also appears just to die instantly

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Nah, I'd bet money that Styx was just what came up on his playlist while he was writing that part. Kinda similar to Doobie (bros), the snake-head guy that Joost easily kills, and Beck in part 2, who also appears just to die instantly

Man that dude really does just have the absolute worst taste in music

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lol maybe those were the bands he didn't like, since they all appear just to get immediately killed

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

lol maybe those were the bands he didn't like, since they all appear just to get immediately killed

lol actually yeah

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm sorry to say however, this is the final chapter of translated Hyakushō Kizoku/Noble Peasant. The company that had licensed it went under after just one volume and I had to use a Python script someone else prepared to get all my purchases off the online reader before the site went down. As far as I can tell, no one ever picked it up again, not even fan translators!

I'm going to break the final chapter into two parts.

Silver spooning continues.

One day weekends, that's obscene.

The final update of Noble Peasant:

Hope everyone enjoyed this digression into Japanese farming.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Uramachi Sakaba

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Tree Bucket posted:

At first this was a Seuss-ified version of Drop Out, but re-writing the suicide confessions in schoolkid-friendly words felt Not Great. So have this instead!

This is wonderful but if it had the distinctive ears of an American Curl, it would be so perfect that I would genuinely hang it on my wall

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Fagtastic posted:

This is wonderful but if it had the distinctive ears of an American Curl, it would be so perfect that I would genuinely hang it on my wall

Umm, gimme a sec

e: you can't just say that sort of thing to drawing nerds, it gets us all worked up

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 04:20 on Jan 23, 2023

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Emzedoh posted:

Thank you, I loved the insane Japanese farmer

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

drop out

drop out

CW: Suicidal thoughts / ideation

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Emzedoh posted:

Those were lovely, thank you!

ZnCu
Jul 2, 2007

Eat Sword?

Fagtastic posted:

Isn't Ray a hairless cat, anyway? He's the only cat in the comic with visible nipples and belly button. (And also possibly why he has the thong, beyond the obvious sense of style.)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Today's 2000AD short is again by Alan Moore. Nowadays, the "what happens to the superheroes when they stop?" trope has been done to death, from Moore's own Watchmen to Brian Michael Bendis's Powers to Mark Millar's... that show on netflix that farted around and couldn't last beyond one season. But Moore was one of the first to consider it seriously with the original draft of Twilight of the Superheroes, which sought to imagine actual DC comicbook b-list heroes when they retire. This was later worked into Watchmen with new characters and also gave him more freedom to do things like, idk, destroy New York. But before that, Moore was a young writer in UK already exploring the concept. In any case, who doesn't love this Lumis Logar dude and his stupid-as-gently caress ship? Because I do.

(Side note, but a thing you'd start noticing when you read these old 2000AD strips is that the girlfriend/wife characters were often written as nagging harpies, which hopefully is because the writers were young idiots who still didn't understand women at the time)

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ZnCu posted:

Isn't Ray a hairless cat, anyway? He's the only cat in the comic with visible nipples and belly button. (And also possibly why he has the thong, beyond the obvious sense of style.)

he has mentioned that he's an american curl a couple of times!

they have flippy-back ears

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Japanese farmer comic was good.

Tree bucket is v. talented.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

The tale of Swolederella never gets old

I feel like Gymderella was right there

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Dicebox

This concludes chapter three of book one of Dicebox.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

ANSU

Fingerpori

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Previously on Opplopolis: glad I'm not the only person who thinks the Baron is just their old boss

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I think time might be a bit mixed up here in Opplopolis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

thetoughestbean posted:

I think time might be a bit mixed up here in Opplopolis
Not just time. The same was a dragon, a Jurassic Park Raptor, and an accurate-to-our-current-understanding Deinonychus (or Velociraptor I'm not sure which), depending on the observer.