Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Suleman posted:

What manga is gorilla sensei from?

Gori-sen: The type of PE teacher to die first during a panic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That art looks really familiar. Is it by the same person who did the one about the yuki onna, little girl who gave her life, and the hikkikomori vampire? Can't remember the name atm

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Captain Invictus posted:

That art looks really familiar. Is it by the same person who did the one about the yuki onna, little girl who gave her life, and the hikkikomori vampire? Can't remember the name atm

Tokedasou! Mizore-chan.

And yes! They are by the same person

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

its so good

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
have Gori-sen and Handsome Gorilla meet imo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

thetoughestbean posted:

Tokedasou! Mizore-chan.

And yes! They are by the same person
so link to it ya dingus

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Captain Invictus posted:

so link to it ya dingus

Ghostbuster Osamu

Unless you mean the other one

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Still bummed that Mizore-chan fell before her time. :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is not a panel but an author's end chapter note

it is from fabiniku and I am very excited if they're making more of the anime for it

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

From Gachiakuta

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Scallop Eyes posted:

From Gachiakuta

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Estel
May 4, 2010

Zeikin de Katta Hon

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Librarian manga loving rules

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

https://mangadex.org/title/99af94f5-04c2-424b-8438-0c8386b0ec5f/kimi-wa-houkago-insomnia?page=1

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

This series is amazing because it's like it's describing a library on the moon. Each chapter is 95% completely reasonable looks behind the desk at your local library, and then the last five percent veers straight off into crazy town.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I know, right? Look how many employees that library has! Nobody doing unpaid overtime solo closing, their pervert wasn't even undressing, no protesters around the shredder insisting the fifty excess copies of a donated book must be preserved... such an unrealistic library.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb

Elfface posted:

I know, right? Look how many employees that library has! Nobody doing unpaid overtime solo closing, their pervert wasn't even undressing, no protesters around the shredder insisting the fifty excess copies of a donated book must be preserved... such an unrealistic library.

No requests for helping reset e-mail passwords, no patrons getting miffed at being unable to pull twenty years out-of-print novels from "the stacks," or "storage," no drama with installing the local art co-op's work for showing, no insistence on opening new locations while struggling with staffing, no recurring maintenance issues with central big fancy building, no social-climbing directors who jetpack outta there soon as they get a job offer in Colorado Springs, no pressure to make up shortfall in local programming with outreach to schools, no pulling stuffed animals out of the plumbing after storytime, no mysterious smells wafting out of the bathroom, no HVAC issues, no roof leaks, no--

I, I'm sorry, here's Scarlet winding up on Terenezza.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

It's time for Sir Kay to use... :airquote:that:airquote:

I love this degenerate series so much.
Rosen Garten Saga:nws:

Honestly people were more likely to get food/drinks on books when they take them home and the worst side effect I'd seen this kind of policy is people leaving fast food bags and wrappers on tables or on out of the way shelves. So just facing books and suddenly there's McDonalds next to auto repair.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

Honestly people were more likely to get food/drinks on books when they take them home and the worst side effect I'd seen this kind of policy is people leaving fast food bags and wrappers on tables or on out of the way shelves. So just facing books and suddenly there's McDonalds next to auto repair.

worst i ever saw was this fat kid eating chips at one of the computers. i say 'eating' but literally half of the chips were on the floor. not whole chips, like fragments of chips, as though he'd taken a single bite out of each one, then let the pieces of it fall to the floor. there was a ring of chip shards and salt around the chair. he couldn't even be bothered putting the chips all the way into his mouth.

image i guess

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Last time I used my local library was when I discovered they had manga.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
In its defense library manga does have a several-chapter arc about a new dimwit librarian who was foisted on the branch who has no idea what the gently caress, screws up everything they touch, abuses the staff, and tries to implement sweeping policy changes without telling or consulting anyone else. This arc also showcases how the library only functions because there are hard-working people who love the library that are willing to put up with terrible part time jobs that don't pay them a livable wage.

But then it turns out that city hall made them take the new librarian who is just a public bureaucrat and not actually a librarian??? Okay, calvinball rules, got it

x

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

This is an excellent manga and I hope these panels rope more people into reading it, but I can't help but feel a bit sad as this is the most built up, fist-pumping spread that takes so many chapters to develop it's almost a shame to spoil it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

grassy gnoll posted:

In its defense library manga does have a several-chapter arc about a new dimwit librarian who was foisted on the branch who has no idea what the gently caress, screws up everything they touch, abuses the staff, and tries to implement sweeping policy changes without telling or consulting anyone else. This arc also showcases how the library only functions because there are hard-working people who love the library that are willing to put up with terrible part time jobs that don't pay them a livable wage.

But then it turns out that city hall made them take the new librarian who is just a public bureaucrat and not actually a librarian??? Okay, calvinball rules, got it

x

This one has been pretty cute / fun. Picked it up recently.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zodack posted:

This is an excellent manga and I hope these panels rope more people into reading it, but I can't help but feel a bit sad as this is the most built up, fist-pumping spread that takes so many chapters to develop it's almost a shame to spoil it

they're old panels op. personally i don't think it's much of a spoiler cuz like. it's a romance, of course the protagonists kiss. anyway it pwns, people should read insomniacs after school

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Larry Parrish posted:

they're old panels op. personally i don't think it's much of a spoiler cuz like. it's a romance, of course the protagonists kiss. anyway it pwns, people should read insomniacs after school

I'll probably pick it up again at some point.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

grassy gnoll posted:

Makes sense to me. Our local library has been struggling because the shithead mayor that rode in on "no masks no mandates" 2 years ago gets to appoint the head librarian, and kept trying to give the job to political allies who had no background in library sciences but all the background in conspiracy theories. When he got blocked from doing that he just didn't appoint one, and instead delegated his oversight functions to one of the people who were rejected and set up their office in the library.

So I can absolutely believe that most of the full-time positions at the library are administrative and overseen by the local government, and they regularly pull talented people out and dump in underperforming (or just annoying to deal with) people.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Larry Parrish posted:

you spoiled dead dead demons dedededestruction elsewhere untagged, and that sucks. You could make even a passing effort to be more considerate, like tagging things like that or thumbnailing the above panels.

Even if something is old, it's new to someone, there were a ton of people who had no idea about what happened in FF7 when Remake came out, or the new Trigun being a lot of people's first experience with the franchise for example. Doesn't mean you should just talk open spoilers to those unaware and ruin the moment for them because it doesn't bother you specifically.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually im gonna continue doing as I please.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Larry Parrish posted:

clearly, since you're an awful existence

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Larry Parrish posted:

It would have been nice to spoiler tag those. I'm not tearing my hair out about it, but at the same time I'm currently reading that series and only on like chapter 16, and now I've seen big epic kiss moment panels early and out of context which does kinda suck you know?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
larry doesn't care because people on the internet aren't real so he doesn't have to be nice. that's his actual reasoning, he's a weird little freak

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Larry thinks they're mitigating spoiling by never naming or linking what their pages are from.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually it's because when people 'spoil' scenes like that it's what makes me want to read the manga op. the name thing is because I'm just lazy. but if you're quick and ask before I start on something else I'll post it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

whatever happened to "it's about the journey, not the destination"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

actually it's because when people 'spoil' scenes like that it's what makes me want to read the manga op. the name thing is because I'm just lazy. but if you're quick and ask before I start on something else I'll post it.

i've absorbed a ton of One Piece spoilers by osmosis and all it does is make me more interested in it lol