Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

well why not posted:

thinking about how the imac is the general purpose "for everyone" all-you-need personal macintosh device and the stand is so short that seemingly 95% of them are placed on top of 1-2 large books

yeah they're pretty poorly designed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I sometimes still lol at the “tims grand stand” thread title

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it is a feature to make use of your 1-2 large architecture/interior design books i guess

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I stick mine on top of a laptop stand at work

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i bought a mac studio and it holds up my chimp lamp

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

polyester concept posted:

I sometimes still lol at the “tims grand stand” thread title

was that one atleast adjustable?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shaggar posted:

was that one atleast adjustable?

yes, the $1000 stand was adjustable

the $1000 stand that comes with a free iMac is not

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I'll never forget what real peak performance looks like

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

well why not posted:

thinking about how the imac is the general purpose "for everyone" all-you-need personal macintosh device and the stand is so short that seemingly 95% of them are placed on top of 1-2 large books

im thinking about getting an imac if they refresh them soon, and ill def get the vesa version to avoid this stupidity

my current cinema hd is on a monitor stand, and its not great

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

get a mac mini and a dell monitor instead

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

njsykora posted:

also just turn off the head tracking stuff because it sucks especially if you're walking around

the audeze mobius has a neat mode where it still responds to short-term head movement but will level out after a few seconds. works great on the train cause otherwise the track turning would constantly move the center point

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

like tbqh i am loving all the apple music gimmicks. spatial audio is a fun little nothingburger. i think it would be much better for movies but i also wanna hear some edm mixed in insane ways with this technology. apple sing fuckin rules because i started going back to karaoke regularly before the holidays and while its flawed in many ways its super useful overall. idk what niche apple classical will hit for me but i actually do love all these dumb gimmick features.

the one thing that is loving offensive to me tho is that you cant put a little play controller on the widget stacks like of all the loving things people want in a smart stack i fuckin guarantee you play controls are top of list. the widget just launches the app and thats fuckin annoying

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
for whoever said it having my phone take over the apple tv to play music by default from the other room, i agree that is bad and I wish i could turn it off

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raluek posted:

its not great

turn on your cinema display has

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

they should make a matte back iphone, just rough that glass up so it all matches the camera bump

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

stone washed iphone

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

wicker homepod

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

qirex posted:

get a mac mini and a dell monitor instead

yeah I was waiting for the m2 pro mini, and now that it’s here the config I want is $1800. for that kind of money it oughta come with a display. so let’s see what they do with the iMac. why the gently caress is 8gb the default in 2023

echinopsis posted:

turn on your cinema display has

seeing you’re poasts is not better !!!

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Jenny Agutter posted:

wicker homepod

I’d be down with a hanging wicker HomePod.

on price is right re runs they would have these hanging wicker baskets potted plant speakers.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

tbqh im actually surprised people arent marcrame’ing homepod holders

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

edit: brrp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

stone washed iphone

acid wash

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
home wrecker pod

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Raluek posted:

yeah I was waiting for the m2 pro mini, and now that it’s here the config I want is $1800. for that kind of money it oughta come with a display. so let’s see what they do with the iMac. why the gently caress is 8gb the default in 2023

an iMac with an M2 Pro would cost a lot more though :confused:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

that's the issue i'm having with the m2 pro mini, once it's specced how i'd want it, i might as well just get a studio

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

home wrecker pod

cutting a hole in the side of the homepod and putting it in the microwave for a few seconds before you gently caress it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jenny Agutter posted:

cutting a hole in the side of the homepod and putting it in the microwave for a few seconds before you gently caress it

wish u would microwave ure poasts

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

njsykora posted:

that's the issue i'm having with the m2 pro mini, once it's specced how i'd want it, i might as well just get a studio

drat u timbo, drat u for this price pyramid

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
somehow just now updated to ventura (idk how this is possible i have auto uipdate on) and its freaking epic as hell and the new default wallpaper owns. a pleasure to use. thank you tim

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i turned on stage manager and thought ah, the software is waiting in the wings! its the stage manager. indeed!! bravo :bravo:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this OS on my stately gigabyte m32u is divine

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im pretty sure auto update won't bring you to a new os version

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Ventura is pretty ace now that they’ve finally figured out how to stop WindowServer from crashing constantly

my Studio had over 30 days of uptime when I finally did a reboot to update my MOTU drivers!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

im pretty sure auto update won't bring you to a new os version

i see. make ssense

r u ready to WALK posted:

Ventura is pretty ace now that they’ve finally figured out how to stop WindowServer from crashing constantly

my Studio had over 30 days of uptime when I finally did a reboot to update my MOTU drivers!

nice dude

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this orange flower thing is cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
using the phone as a webcam as default functionality finally. dont have to use ip/ndi webcam app anymore. thank you. FINALLY. lazy stupd bitches. all compy should have had this power since 6 yrs ago or w/e. hosed up.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

FCKGW posted:

an iMac with an M2 Pro would cost a lot more though :confused:

maybe, guess we'll have to see

i recall the 27" i7 imac being in that price range, and i would want the lil one so there might be some headroom

or maybe they'll never make what i want at a price point that represents a good value, and ill keep using my old junk :shrug:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Raluek posted:

maybe, guess we'll have to see

i recall the 27" i7 imac being in that price range, and i would want the lil one so there might be some headroom

or maybe they'll never make what i want at a price point that represents a good value, and ill keep using my old junk :shrug:

the i7 imac was trash for idiots tho, they probably had to lowball the price or even dentists wouldn’t buy them

seriously wondering if they made the last couple of intel generations deliberately bad so that apple silicon would look miraculous

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Soricidus posted:

the i7 imac was trash for idiots tho, they probably had to lowball the price or even dentists wouldn’t buy them

seriously wondering if they made the last couple of intel generations deliberately bad so that apple silicon would look miraculous

i've always been pretty convinced that was part of it, though they were helped out by those also being some of intels worst generations of chips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Smythe posted:

using the phone as a webcam as default functionality finally.

the only problem with using your phone as a webcam is that you can’t browse your phone when the meeting becomes boring or pointless