Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

giant Tippy is too powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Progress? She was yelling after midnight and when i went in to see what was up she was in a playing mood? She'd hopped up on the table near the door and hissed /swiped me when i went through. But she also wanted a lot of play with da birb. Progress i guess?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah that's good.

Sometimes cats are just goobers who can't decide what they want.

Play? Play? HISSSSDDDDDSSSSS.

why no play?

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Synthbuttrange I get the impression that you're very stressed out about Bonbon integrating in to your home. I think the best thing you can do is be catlike about it and just try to play it cool and sit back and wait to see what Bonbon does. Let her come to you instead of the other way around and just give her the time and space she needs.

Remember she came from a, presumably, slow and chill home living with an elderly lady and has gone through big and rapid changes, as others have pointed out.

It sounds to me like she's still figuring out how she feels about all this and I bet she'll come around in time, in her own way.

Hope that didn't come off as too preachy, just hate to see a good butler seemingly having a hard time. :glomp:

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

In conclusion....Cats.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No thats pretty much about it, just being super stressed hoping I havent made a mistake that'll end in two unhappy cats and one unhappy me.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

My boss's old cat was great she would meow and roll around on the floor next to you and rub against your leg but if you reach down to pet during all this display she'd bite. If you sat down in a specific recliner she'd chill in your lap and allow you to pet her head only.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Current bonbon mood: angy

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 24, 2023

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Synthbuttrange posted:

give bonbon a little treat

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She wont come down if she cant smell it and if I put it where she can smell it I'll be in angy range.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 24, 2023

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
spicy kitty

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Interesting news for future cats with diabetes (I say this because cats who have been treated with insulin shots cannot use this new medicine)- there has been a once a day pill to help treat them instead of taking 2 shots a day.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/new-pill-treats-diabetic-cats-daily-insulin-shots-96605063

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

Honestly, her being grumpy with her back to you is a pretty good sign.

Leave her be so she knows turning her back on you is safe.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Today's progress, she hopped up on the bed then proceeded to headbutt me in the face and in my back, accepted treats, then hissed and swiped at me and ran away.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 24, 2023

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Woo headbutts!

Fierce predator
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/860972831177572402/1067360531440209920/326426716_5983228208401868_5834721428190708688_n.mp4

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/Ruz4ukX.mp4

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 24, 2023

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

The remains of several Da Birds litter my place as Bloopy and Schloopy like to decimate every iteration of them. They're irresistible to most cats.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yea i just bought a bunch of feathers and learned to make them myself hahah

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

it's a surprisingly easy job! two big tail feathers, a few downy feathers, sheathe the quills in shrink tube with a barrel swivel piece from a fisherman's lure (purchasable in lots of 50 for like $3) and blowdry the lot, and you've got a new toy. the hardest part is angling the feathers so they have a fluttering quality when you pull on the wand so it mimics a bird and entices the cat. can probably even recycle the swivel piece when the feathers get destroyed.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Binary Badger posted:

The remains of several Da Birds litter my place as Bloopy and Schloopy like to decimate every iteration of them. They're irresistible to most cats.

there's this mouse that they make, https://www.dabird.com/catcatcher

marvin and Mandy but mostly mandy go absolutely nuts for it and it takes them about 5 days to completely shred it. sunday morning we found the bare tail of one sitting in the middle of a pile of fur on the couch.

strong recommend.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Elder Postsman posted:

there's this mouse that they make, https://www.dabird.com/catcatcher

marvin and Mandy but mostly mandy go absolutely nuts for it and it takes them about 5 days to completely shred it. sunday morning we found the bare tail of one sitting in the middle of a pile of fur on the couch.

strong recommend.

she drags it around the house with the wand attached and everything.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Synthbuttrange posted:

No thats pretty much about it, just being super stressed hoping I havent made a mistake that'll end in two unhappy cats and one unhappy me.

when I read your posts, i'm all like "oh poo poo! bonbon already lets synthbuttrange pet her while she's eating? she'll do fine"

only thing you can do to really screw up is to constantly push her to do things she isn't ready to do. if she associates the sight of you with nothing outside of "unwanted thing is probably about to happen", that's bad. positive reinforcement is the name of the game

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

jet lets me slap his rear end while he eats

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Pollyanna posted:

jet lets me slap his rear end while he eats

same

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BobHoward posted:

when I read your posts, i'm all like "oh poo poo! bonbon already lets synthbuttrange pet her while she's eating? she'll do fine"

only thing you can do to really screw up is to constantly push her to do things she isn't ready to do. if she associates the sight of you with nothing outside of "unwanted thing is probably about to happen", that's bad. positive reinforcement is the name of the game

yeah it'll take time and that's unavoidable. let her get used to you just being in the area doing other stuff while you ignore each other

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

pep pep

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Milly's favorite wand toy is da bee. this one is almost done.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Flakey posted:

Woo headbutts!

Fierce predator

awww :3:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Boogalo posted:

Milly's favorite wand toy is da bee. this one is almost done.

Sinjin also loves da bee, and just about all the deer-hair lures. I got some Amazon giftcards for Xmas so I bought these attachments. I’ll be further exploring the world of Amazon da bird knock-off attachments since idk how to make the deer-hair lures and they’re too dang expensive for how quick they get shredded.

ETA: Actually I’ll add my knock-off reviews: the above linked are pretty good (if a bit fancy) and made of similar material to Da Bird lures

These were worth it for the squirmy worm lures but the mice are WAY too heavy. Niko still likes ‘em but I’m afraid of bopping him in the face.

I’ll probably try some bug-shaped lures next. No harm in sharpening their bug-hunting skills! :toughguy:

Crocobile fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 24, 2023

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

Postin' cat friends

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cat friends! :neckbeard:

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

peppeppeppep

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

the cats were being weird this morning

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Niko is a tiny little bulldozer while Sinjin’s big but tries to climb into my hoodie pockets. :3:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

look at all these good kitties

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Meanwhile, here's this jackass

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008